/doability limits - Workaround?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm trying to set up some socials for my monk. Under Combat Skills (Ctrl C), I can pick:
    1. Melee Attack (fixed)
    2. Range Attack (fixed)
    3. Bind Wound
    4. Disarm
    5. Tail Rake
    6. Eagle Strike
    7. Feign Death
    8. Flying Kick
    9. Kick
    10. Mend
    11. Round Kick
    12. Tiger Claw
    13. Intimidation
    So, there are four boxes I can use with /doability 7 through 10. I would like to make socials for most of them, but you can only have four. You can switch the four around manually, but the limit is four at a time.

So, I can't make a hot key for each ability and have them work. Only four will work unless I go in and remove one by changing it.

Is there a way around this crazy limitation? If not, why isn't there?

I mean, why can't you do "/doability Tail Rake" and have that work? I mean you can do "/disc Torrent of Fists Rk. II" and that works.

Can someone point out what I'm missing? Maybe there is an easy way to do this I just don't know.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

not sure if this helps : found this old post
    here is a link to it .. i hope
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/macro-101.27806/
    also its alot to skim thru so i cut/pasted a portion of what i thought you were looking for .. all credit goes to the original post ..
    suzie -- posted 05-17-2001 10:52 AM You have 10 doabilties. The first 6 are in the Ablities area. Then next 4 are in the combat heading.
    It looks like this:
    Abilities
    [1] [2]
    [3] [4]
    [5] [6]
    Combat
    [melee] [range attack]
    [7] [8]
    [9] [10]

I have not figured out how to use range attacks in a macro.
    Hope this helps.
    Suzi
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

on my pally on the combat page i can put bind wound, bash, taunt, and disarm
    on my abilities page .. i can put begging, open, inspect, remove trap, fishing and sense heading.. i know monks have alot more that they can do ..
    /doability 1 -10 (where 1-6 are on youru abilites page and 7-10 are on combat page )
    /autofire ( i would guess would be to use your ranged attack button) anything you have in your ammo slot would be autofired automatically .. arrows, daggers, throwing . whatever..
    so you shouldnt have any problems makeing hotkeys for any ability that you need ..

also its been awhile sense i played my monk but they have many attacks kick, flying kick, round kick, but only the highest one matters iirc so you would want to use flying kick .. same with your punches you get many punch abilities but you only want to use the highest one ..
    when you get up to aa lvl there is an AA technique of masster wu that is a passive ability that increases your skill from all your attacks at once .. so everytime you punch or kick your skill in every ability will go up .. at least thats how it was long time ago..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. mackal Augur

Due to all the mods you want to spam tiger claw. TLP where you don't have all the mods you will probably want to spam the highest level punch.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, I guess I wasn't clear.

On the Combat page, I can put four abilities at a time. So let's say I put:
    • Flying Kick
    • Tail Rake
    • Eagle Strike
    • Tiger Claw

And I then make three socials (macros):

Social 1:
    /doability 7 (which is Flying Kick)
    /doability 8 (which is Tail Rake)

Social 2:
    /doability 9 (which is Eagle Strike)

Social 3:
    /doability 10 (which is Tiger Claw)

Now, let's say I want to make another social 4 with
    and then I want Intimidation for the next line.

Now, I want to be able to press them all one after the other, Press button 1 then wait 10 seconds and I press button 2 then wait 10 seconds and press button 3 then wait 10 seconds, then do the 4th one. It can't be done because I would have to remove one of the Combat Skills to put Intimidation in its place.

Why are we limited to only 4 at a time for Combat Skills? Why can't you just do:

/doability Flying Kick
    /doability Eagle Strike
    /doability Intimidation
  6. Zamiam Augur

ok Fanra .. you can do it..

I just logged in my 85 monk .. yes he is only85 .. you have 10 i repeat 10 /doability shortcuts that you can have ..
    again 1-6 are on your abilities page CNTR A brings up that page .. 7-10 are on the combats page CNTRL C brings up that page .. the combat page also has the mellee and ranged attack buttons at the top ..
    from what i see on your post above your using the 7-10 doability's on the CNTRL C page .
    go to your CNTRL A page right click on a button labled 1-6 and scroll to Intimidation and make one of those 6 action keys intimidation .. for example lets use button 3 for and giggles .. so your 4th button you would hit in your cycle would look like this
    /doability 7 ( which is your flying kick)
    /doability 3 ( which is intimidation)
    dont forget to put appropriate pauses..
    any more questions
  7. Zamiam Augur

my monks setup looks something like this
    It looks like this:
    Abilities
    [1 mend] [2 Fiegn Death]
    [3 Intinidation] [4 Kick]
    [5 Bind Wound] [6 Sneak]
    Combat
    [melee] [range attack]
    [7 flying kick] [8 Tail Rake]
    [9 Eagle strike] [10 Tiger claw]
    My Sneak button I interchange with whatver else i need like forage or disarm ..
    hotbutton 1 ..
    /doability 7( flying kick)
    /doability 8 (tail rake)
    Hotbutton 2..
    /doability 7 (flying kick )
    /doability 9 (Eagle strike)
    Hot button 3..
    /doability 7 (flying kick)
    /doability 10 (tiger claw)
    Hotbutton 4..
    /doability 7 (flying kick)
    /doability 3 (intimidation)
    and if you wanted a hotbutton for mend + FD
    /doability 1
    /doability 2

P.S. those above examples do not include /pause's
    hope that helps fanra ..
  8. Brudal Augur

Could also use a multi bind instead of socials and grab the combat abilities from your skills window, put them on an unused hotbar and map 1-10 to the same key.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Zamiam like this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

that works too brudal .. i did not know you could pull off hotkeys right from skills window .. nice .. learn something new all the time
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You are better served when it comes to our specials by having them bound to the same key as opposed to using them in a social. When they are bound to the same key they will go off at the same time, where if they are in a social and you spam that too much one or the other might not have a chance to go off.

Socials are better for things which do not have to go off every single time you push the button, as well as items which are not being spammed every 1 or 2 seconds.