Do we need a 50 page rant to get minor fixes?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Croak, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Croak Augur

Obviously, but there is a general tone of people wanting the new code to not apply to the progression servers, which then make retaining the old code a "custom build".
    Custom builds seem to hang around forever.

Yes and the original sticky thread where people on Fippy were report
    ing bugs is over a year old too, but I couldn't add to it because Roshen locked it due to all the off-topic posts from people on Ragefire Beta.

It has been 4 months since then with no more fixes, and it is also relevant to current progression servers.

Maybe I should have started a fresh thread, but this one wasn't filled with off-topic junk and personal attacks... and sadly now it is.

Attacking people isn't the best way to encourage them to vote for the enchanter issue you raised in your sig. Is your crusade pointless too?
  2. Silv Augur

More or less. It's been relayed to multiple devs via PM and acknowledged, posted in patch note bugs for 6+ months, and then added and verified to the DBG bug tracker months ago. So yes, gonna go with pointless - especially when it's a matter of changing one parameter in spell data for two spells.

Necro rezzing a year old thread is usually not the best way to get your [new] point(s) across and often times it will wind up locked because of it regardless of the on- or off-topic commentary.

It is probably worth making a new, updated thread if you are still legitimately concerned. All I will say is good luck. It only took 5+ years of crusading to get Geomantra fixed; there's always hope I guess. Of course that type of response time doesn't really help TLP.
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this down, so this response doesn't get lost in the thread.

If there are bugs and outstanding issues, please report them on the Daybreak Issue Tracker.

Bug fixes are a priority for our team. Verifying things are a bug takes a fair amount of time, before the team can work on resolutions. In addition, the issue tracker helps us prioritize which bugs are most important to players as we work toward what we patch each month.

50 page threads don't help our team find these issues. Proper documentation and verification of these bugs helps our team find these, and get resolutions pushed out to players.
    Phati, Silv and Sheex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.