Do the 1 groupable PoS medallion dropping giants spawn in instance? If not, why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Hinastorm86 Augur

As a non-raiding grouper, i'm already going to be locked out of most content in PoP....which I think is trash, but just how it is I suppose.

But, BoT is a pretty important PoP group zone. The entrance quest is one groupable, however we all know the story of open world PoS medal giants. I don't have the resources nor the inclination to compete with the hardcores for these.

I've heard mixed things on if these spawn in instances, if they don't, thats pretty unfortunate. I assume it would be too late to add them at this point, before the zone opens anyway when ldon unlocks? (Again, getting some mixed signals on this. Do all non-elemental/sol-ro tower unlock with ldon?).

If it does unlock with ldon, i'll live having to wait a month for access I suppose.
  2. Elyani Augur

Honestly, not sure you'll have to wait an entire month. The bigger guilds will farm these fairly quick. Which means, popping picks and poop socking. They won't take a month to open BoT to themselves, so it won't take a month for these camps to start clearing up. After the initial rush of the big guilds getting theirs (a few days), you'll have to contend with the rest of the population.

However, I am curious, too, if these will be available in instances. I did not play PoP on Agnarr, so I cannot say, personally.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I am excited! PoP is the best expansion ever, imo!
  3. a_librarian Augur

from allakhazam:

Plane Access Changes

In the 2-8-2017 patch the following changes were made:
    - Corrected some Progression-server-only requirements for Planes of Power zones. When Planes of Power launches they will require full flagging. Once Lost Dungeons of Norrath launches they will behave as they did from the first time zone access was increased (in 2003) until we again lowered their requirements during the Dragons of Norrath era. The 85/15 rule remains unchanged for these zones.
    - The Plane of Valor can now be entered at level 55 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement lowers to level 46 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Halls of Honor can be entered at level 63 when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This will now lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously neither exception would work on Progression servers.
    - The Temple of Marr can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement now lowers to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there had not been an alternate level requirement for this zone on Progression servers until DoN unlocked it.
    - Drunder, the Fortress of Zek can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Bastion of Thunder can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously neither exception would ever take effect on Progression servers.
    - The Tower of Solusek Ro can now be entered at level 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there was no alternate level requirement available at any time on Progression servers.
    - The Elemental planes (Air, Fire, Water, EarthA and EarthB) can only be entered via flag until Dragons of Norrath opens. At that point any level 60 will be able to enter these zones.
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ty, ya maybe i'll just chill for a month then.
  5. Aegir Augur

They were not in instances back on Phinigel. Only the major triggered events were.

The Giants are pretty easy to lock down once you get the timestamp on when they were killed. So probably expect some people looking to make a buck or two selling LR for medallions for some time after the initial rush.

Are you in a guild that plans on raiding PoP, Hinastorm? I would say Plane of Fire is the promised land to grind PoP AA's for the majority of people, but it will also be highly contested. Crypt of Decay is also an alternate exp path - but expect that place to be filled until the server gets flagged and can move to other places.

On TLP's personally, PoP was far from the experience I've expected - a huge dissappointment really. You blew past 75% of the content so fast, that you'll never really experienced it like you did back when PoP was in Era and you'll end your PoP days only grinding in Elementals and Time. With that being said, most of the earlier TLP's had the horror of being stuck in that era for half a year with LDoN added at the end, so that might colour my memory a bit :p But give yourself the experience of making The Screaming Sphere key in Plane of Torment, that was actually one of the more fun things to do in the lower tiers.
  6. Roxas MM Augur

haha i remember when we first did Grummus. Our raidleaders were prepared to the teeth, with tactics, and even a nicely drawn map for us to study so we'd know where to stand and what to do.
    And then we engaged and wtfpwnd Grummus in like 10 seconds. No aes fired, nothing. Was both hilarious as disappointing.
  7. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Unless they changed it since Angarr the mini do not pop in DZ for plane of storms.I would highly recommend avoiding the zone for the next few days\weeks as it going to be the a very toxic experience for anyone involved.

I think that they should fix Storms on Selo (really all progression servers) but I doubt that will ever happen.