Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natal Augur

RoS raid gear is still better, it is only the tradeskill stuff that is equivalent (other than focus). I don't have an issue with that, I think it is healthy. So people can still get upgrades from the last expansion raids, it just is not a giant leap over current group gear.

Also, it lessens interest in doing old farming raids and promotes interest in beating current raids. That is a positive.
  2. Natal Augur

ST1 is very easy, lol.
  3. Natal Augur

Don't bother with EoK. Spend the time working out strats for TBL raids instead.
  4. Natal Augur

Uh huh.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Bwhahahahahahhaha
  6. Bamboompow Augur

I don't doubt that a level 105 group warrior can survive at lvl 105 in RoS with max relevant* AA and the best kit/augs etc carrying over from EoK. No doubt in my mind. Decent real healer and good CC/slows etc? Everyone knows their job and is a decent player? Sure, why not. Things will be accomplished. The first few zones were designed around that or should have been. Especially with a regular progression group whom share that overused term known as synergy. There might not be as many perfect kills or style points as what might be able to be boasted about later, but progression will happen. As it should.

Steamroll?

No. Absolutely not. Gotta throw the BS flag on that play.

That comes after 110 and getting all the max group RoS gear/augs/aa/spells. Remember we are talking GROUP play.

I don't doubt Whulfgar's skill as a player. I just find his attitude to be a bit condescending , elitist and on the border of berating. Its a game. That crap is not necessary and is a determent if the goal is to coach or teach or whatever. If you want people to play better than stop being an A-whole about it.

* Relevant being what it takes to boost character power directly. No fluff or TS.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

How much more coaching should i give if i give flat out strats to each individual grp mission in TBL ?

I know.. I know.. that such an a hole thing to do..
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

This horse is now declared DEAD. Let us all observe a moment of silence in memory of the thread that was, lost it's way, and died.

/cue bugler.

In lieu of flowers the EQ community requests lots of pie. With whipped cream.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

A level 105 warrior with all his tanking aa and the support of max level raid toons tanked some of content. With some problems. Like when you died to aoe's and another group member had to tank while they ressed you. *I de-exaggerated it for you* You're welcome.
  11. p2aa Augur

T2 TBL is the worst ? Which raid ? Cause I don't recall any of these 3 T2 raids being "hard".
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Gear matters for a tank. Pressing the proper buttons means WAY more than gear.
    Max gear a tank, if they don't press their buttons they explode just a little bit slower than a lesser geared tank that isn't pushing their buttons.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No doubt about it. But that only takes you so far without the proper support.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This underlines my point. Not sure if you intended to refute or agree with me.

T1 TBL raids are pretty benign. T2 TBL raids are pretty tough. at parity+1 with RoS T2.2. More to the point, difficulty is not the reason raid guilds are struggling with attendance.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

not really, there have been as many times it has been every 3 or 4th expansion (the last several level cap increases) or each expansion the several level cap increases before that. There is no traditional way regarding level cap increases at this point. If you are going to go with anything as being traditional, then it would be every 3-4 expansions.
    EQ (50),
    Kunark (60), Velious (60), Luclin (60),
    PoP (65), LoY (65), LDoN (65), GoD (65),
    OoW (70), DoN (70), DoDh (70), PoR (70),
    TSS (75), TBS (75),
    SoF (80),
    SoD (85), UF (85),
    HoT (90),
    VoA (95),
    RoF (100), CotF (100),
    TDS (105), TBM (105), EoK (105),
    RoS (110), TBL (110),
    ??? (apparently 115)...
  16. Allayna Augur

Not that I'm disagreeing, but not all of those expansions were a year between launches.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Never said they were, but even when you put it into years, you see that the "traditional" stance would have been on average a level increase every 3rd year or in some cases 4th year.
  18. GoneFission Augur

This expansion has a level increase because there’s still a number of people still kicking over rocks in EoK and RoS. They didn’t even buy TBL because why? Another expansion at 110 means they don’t buy the next either. A level increase sells a lot more expansions to those people.
    TheStugots and enclee like this.
  19. Saelemdar Journeyman

No it FORCES people to buy the expansion because you can't be left behind, especially in a raiding guild.
    enclee likes this.
  20. TheStugots Augur

Which makes his point. It’s a win for DBG.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.