Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buds Augur

I'm all for a level cap raise. The most fun I get out of EQ, is going back and beating up older content and being level 115 would open some more zones that were too hard before. Killing mobs that once beat you down, feeling OP and enjoying it, that's what I love about EQ!! I'm not the guy who wants to do trials and all that Jazz, so new zones, that are locked really suck and I don't understand that concept of making the first couple tiers locked. Hope the new expansion has most of the zones open and isn't overtuned. Challenge is ok, but frustration makes people quit and many don't come back. So tune the new expansion for an average group player and let the raiders get their challenge in the raids. No one wants to zone in and get insta smashed by yard trash.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

This is a total sham..
    1. Every server except maby 2 (blue servers) have more then enough people on them that an open invite a progression grp is starting an needs a real healer .. will net you a real active healer.

2. The reason "a significant" amount use merc's is to help their greedy selves out when a rare item / aug / new flashy pixel toy comes out they want .. using a merc increases their chance at that item more merc's used higher chance they themselves get it..

3. VERY few people use them because they lack the time / ability to play in "high play time" times with the server norms.. They are out there, and some times they can also get lucky with a real grp as well or let people play their toons to help them out .. or other such trivialities to help their toon progress..

Once again you clearly did not grasp the concept of my post. You read threw it in haste to try to retort with out actually comprehending what I wrote.

1. I do this with my alt warrior who stays 5 levels back, to ensure that when I see people crying on these very boards about this mission is too hard, that mission cant be done with any group geared players .. yadda yadda yadda .. I take him out an run that mission with him.

2. I go looking for the HARDEST names in current grp content to test my lil fella out on an smack them around ..

I don't go to the "easist" missions here, or there or named .. to farm for better gear. When he runs threw what limited (overall total) progression I decide to run on him to test due to the crying here on the boards .. he gets what drops even if he can't yet gear it, next 5 level increase he will have a set of stuff lined out to ya guessed it.. Test out THAT .. expansion with the whole while saying 5 levels behind an in older content group gear.

When have I ever posted anything remotely close to what your claim here is ?
    I am on the Rathe server, in Scarlet Vengence .. 1 of thee LOWEST population servers out of all the blue servers..

I'll do you 1 better, you show me anywhere I said directly (not implied or any crap like that either ) how great I am in any way shape or form I and post it here to validate what you just posted ..

I'll give you 6 krono flat out ..

If you are the 1 making the claim on something like this ..

Its incumbant upon YOU.. to prove it when called out on it.. and puddin.. I just called you out on this.

Funny thing is again as I've pointed out before I am on the Rathe .. and its VERY rare that anyone in progression grps ever uses mercs .. because their always in general channel asking if anyone LFG for healer or dps .. and Rathe has lower population then YOUR server ..

Matter of fact .. what server are you on what guild are you in ?

This is about the only true statement you made. Not everyone is in fact equal to each other in skill / talent.

Every one IS .. equal in making friends an planning out their progression rout .. and progression group weeks if not month's ahead of time.

Last expansion launch (TBL) I was new on the rathe, an being so it took me longer to make friends / connections .. thus the majority of my expansions progression I personally boxed it ..

But here's the rub.. if you are friendly in game have a good attitude an carry yourself in a respectful manner .. you can make friends . You can increase your likelyhood of actually building a successful progression group .. No matter who you are.

My progression group is already planned out for this next launch, an I for 1 an excited af .. to get into beta for it ..

And we will have to agree to dis agree because thats just not how I see it played out in 6 servers I've played on since well 2 weeks before launch of Velious .
  3. Saelemdar Journeyman

This is about the most pathetic post I've seen in this thread, which is an accomplishment. Raise level caps so I can do the content I wasn't good enough to do before. Lame.

Have fun raiding Anguish. You might want to try Tacvi when we get to 125.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Does anyone actually believe that anything posted in this thread will change the decision to raise the level cap? Just curious.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

I said they should belance aroun 1 or two mercs - half a group of mercs no. Otherwise it’s just easy mode period for any real group regardless if they are group or raid gear. As it is my group geared SK (yes he has 40kaa and max group gear/augs) can pull 4-6 mobs in GMM at a time as long as my 3ber/3mage are ready to burn. I don’t want to go back to the age of Omens - TSS, where group geared tanks got the crap kicked out of them but I don’t think it should be 3 real layer groups completely progression - I just don’t.

Fully agree with you on this. Which is why I disagree with wulf saying parts of TBL were too hard and specifically said they should balance around one merc in a group but not 3 - your never going to convince me of that.

As to Cor and all the posts I do both. Frankly I run 3 mage on one comp it’s very easy to just set socials and burn through mobs. The SK is the primary player, cleric hits a spam social for heal and the bard just sings. It’s not as hard as you think if your groups are optimized and mine are:

Group 1 - SK/Cleric/ench/mage/mage/mage
    Group.2 - Pal/Cleric/ench/wiz/wiz/wiz
    Group 3 - War/Shm or cleric if really hard/bard/ber/ber

So yes i was able to complete TBL because I’m running really heavily optimized groups with a lot of aa and maxed out tanks with group gear (every ac aug imaginable and troophy/tribute). Honestly I just focus on the tanks and the rest is easy. the really is the tank + real cleric make it easy. Everything else is just a matter of how quickly stuff die.
  6. Fnyanea Augur

I'd perefer no level cap increase. But can live with it eitherway.

What I really hope is that the inflation on gear doesn't make raiding last expansion worthless this time.

Also... don't lock ALL the zones except one behind progression again.

And PLEASE don't lock new raids or raid gear behind last expansions raids...
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Coming round to the idea of a level increase, I just wish they would decide if they are doing a level increase every other expansion or 1 in 3. It has been all over the place in recent years.

Also wish they had done a Hardcore Heritage for level 110s Seb is going to suck next year. :(
  8. Aurastrider Augur

First off you say "show me where I said xyz not any of that implied crap" when you yourself in this very thread called another player out stating they implied xyz. Its kind of funny that you can read between the lines but others are not able to do the same about you. How about you go back and read some of your own comments. I will summarize them for you in short. Suck players this, suck players that. I mean seriously you put down anyone who is not on the same level as yourself or better. You don't have to say you are elite it is implied by your interactions here.

To try and prove some point you actually went out of your way to create a "test" character just to disprove other players issues and make them believe that their issues are not valid. I mean seriously it takes some kind of ego to actually do this. Now if you actually understood how valid testing goes you would realize that your testing method would not hold any merit in the real world. But hey this is a virtual world and you can conduct studies how ever you feel without applying proper methodology to it and then come to some made up conclusion and consider it fact. I mean after all if you post something on the internet it must be true right.

Six different servers over the years really? Commitment issues much? Don't play well with others? You are the T.O. of the locker room that slowly divides your unit after you have insulted everyone for not being as great as yourself? I could understand moving up the ranks and changing servers to do so but you state you are on one of the lowest populated servers now which seems like an obvious step backwards unless there is something lucrative about this move that could not be had on your last 5 servers.

With that said happy early 4th and try to keep all of your limbs assuming you live in the US. Take in some BBQ, drink a cold one or twelve, and get a little vitamin D.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and AcemoneyFV like this.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Pretty sure the server in question is The Rathe, which is the EQ equivalent of the US state of West Virginia. Still that doesn't stop rampant elitism even in such a backwater. Maybe if some of the egos were smaller there would be room for more players.
    Foliax likes this.
  10. Foliax Journeyman

Hey, Prexus didn't ask to be merged with them. And it's not really West Virginia
    /watches a tumbleweed roll past
    Maybe like Nevada without Reno or New Vegas.
  11. Natal Augur

You raid for gear to do the current expansion. Having it as a step up in the next expansion as well is poor design IMO. An expansion should reset the clock as far as raid armor is concerned, the next expansion's group armor SHOULD be comparable to the previous expansions raid armor (even a bit better IMO).
  12. Natal Augur

That is assuming you believe him. You have done these events/mobs yourself. What do you think? Level 105 groups had no problem steamrolling RoS?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Allayna Augur

The problem with group gear vastly eclipsing the previous year raid is that it completely rots each and every chest from the previous year. Mid tier guilds don’t always raid the current content in the current expansion.

This exact scenario happened this year, group muhbis gear beats RoS raid in HME but RoS raid has the raid foci. This has caused those who cannot complete TBL raid content to have no worthwhile raid content because they could get equivalent gear in the current expansion group game.

The issue, imo, was the massive jump in HME from one expansion to the next.
    Duder, Yinla and Daedly like this.
  14. Duder Augur

Not AC too? Like you said, all of these things destroyed the value of previous raid loot to the casual players almost completely. Makes me think that the mid-tier guilds may be having issues with attendance because they raid RoS and back, is this true?
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No attendance issues here. TBL T1 raids are easier than RoS T3. With extra muhbis's dropping in raids, mid-tier guilds are gearing up faster.

The reason for attendance issues is summertime attrition. Happens every year.
    Whulfgar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Saelemdar Journeyman

T3 isn't that bad. T2 ROS is bad.

T2 TBL is the absolute worst.
  17. Derka Power Ranger

Weapons, spells and raid foci are what drive us to clear goro and try other stuff every week on Vox. I was ecstatic to get the first diamond to upgrade my bow and look forward to getting down to the vault for a Soul Bow. That is, until I convince everyone to attempt some T1 TBL because apparently they aren't hard. Hard enough for people struggling to complete older content though. The group gear HME increase was a very welcomed changed to give struggling guilds a much needed crutch but gear can only be a crutch for so long until the requirement of skill takes over. Nothing rots in ros and eok chests as we have an extremely casual force who bring boxes to up attendance. That gear works well for people who have not collected muhbis for t3 TBL upgrades
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Never said it was a group of 105's.

I have stated and continue to state.

A lvl 105 Warrior alt of mine with less then 20k AA .. Tanked the content with little to no problems.
  19. Duder Augur

I declare that the only way this disagreement may be resolved is by a good old fashioned duel.
  20. Cicelee Augur

This is Forum Quest. Not only do some people believe that posting will change the developer's minds, they also believe that since I just posted that their class will now be nerfed in July patch...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.