Do NOT put FV rules on Coirnav.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Sillyfish Elder

You have advertised Coirnav without FV rules and I know that I myself have dipped into my Annual leave to enjoy the weekend launch a bit more. I've also reopened my accounts for the launch and am patiently waiting for the 9th.

I do NOT want FV rules. I will NOT play with FV rules. It is not fair to advertise a server in one way, then suddenly change the core principles of the server less than a week before release. I believe the forums are still only the vocal minority and that to listen to them without doing a Poll for all players to participate in is poor business.

Don't put FV rules on Coirnav. Make another server for the small number of people who want it.

I know I'm going to get a ton of hate from the forum brigade about this post, but I honestly don't care. I doubt I'll even read this thread after posting this since my message is to the staff and not my fellow posters.
    Krezzy likes this.
  2. Icetea Lorekeeper

3. Hateseeker Augur

On average, which expansions do you play through on TLP? i.e. do you quit after Classic, after Kunark, etc?
  4. Coirnav Augur

If they were to release two servers at once on the 16th, one with an FV ruleset, and Coirnav without it...you would be on Coirnav, playing all by yourself.
  5. Rolento Augur

I personally am on the FV Loot rules bandwagon. BUT I do agree with the OP, If they plan to change the server rules that drastically like putting FV Loot rules in, then it should be done ASAP so people can plan for that.

All I think there announcement will be is when the server will be open. (time it will launch). Along with the brand new Coirnav travelers backpack you can get for $25. 40 slots 100% weight reduction. Any bets?
  6. Treeluvr Journeyman

He would have me with him. I also find it strange that someone can make a claim that they know the desires of the vast majority of the player base. There is a reason that the vast majority of the servers did not and do not have the same rules as FV. Think about it.

FV rules are great for Krono farmers and people who want ez play. I do not want to encourage Krono farmers on a new TLP server. I also don't see a rationale for it since there is plenty of gear to buy without the FV rules. I think FV fills the niche and do not personally see the need for another server.

Just my opinion...

To the OP, while the staff do read these posts, I don't think they are going to make any radical changes to Coirnav this close to launch.
  7. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I think you're gonna be sorely disappointed when you try to log in on the 9th and find you have wasted a week of that annual leave you took off for the launch.
    Yruc likes this.
  8. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

It'd probably be worse for the type of people that represent the typical krono farmer. Dudes like the infamous Atabishi who live at Efreeti.

A lot of high end loot would be coming from raids. This means they just can't roll in with their boxed 6-12 man. Also, all that loot could come from instancing as well, so there would be a large influx in the market that come from rots produced during raids.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

1. The reason the vast majority of servers are not FV rules is because Daybreak (Verant>SOE>Daybreak, if I missed someone in the progression just let me know) philosophically don't believe in having a full economy; their game philosophy is theme park design, not sandbox.

2. Combining FV rules with instancing would make it easier to farm, yes. Easier to sell, yes. But here's the best part: Instancing means everyone can do the content themselves, and therefore content blockers can't drive prices up to insanely high levels. On the other hand, time investment of doing raids (even with instancing, you still have to actually do the work) will keep prices from going insanely low. It all balances out in a way that keeps gear prices at a level that can be bought and sold with in-game platinum, and will keep the krono value of items low. And that's NOT in the krono farmers' favor.

3. FV does not fill any niche that's in any way related to TLP. It's unlocked all the way to Live. It may certainly fill the niche for Live players, but it does nothing for anyone looking to start over with old content in the TLP way. Going to FV and doing older content is something you do on your own with mercenaries, or with people that you specifically beg to do it with you. It is not a proper TLP server full of people that are also locked to that older content with you. Go to FV, and try to sell early eras loot in the bazaar and let me know how you make out. When no one buys from you, tell me how that fills a niche that's in any way related to TLP.
    HoodenShuklak and an_ogre_monk00 like this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Think you've got it a little bit backwards....

TLP's no matter the rule set = a krono farm because the value of krono starts so low it's worth the time investment for anyone to farm them.....

Soon as a TLP hits the price of a krono starts at 50p - 200p and any player can farm that asap. Even more so for people like me that just tunnel trade.

FV loot rules will dilute the supply of available items to buy reducing the price of all items across the board quickly. It's actually worse for your average krono farmer because they have to compete on a much larger selection of items incoming into the system.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Encourages the big boxers more, since if you can kill raid targets solo you don't have to split the profits.
  12. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I am terribly worried about big boxers stealing my instanced raid content.
    Yruc, an_ogre_monk00 and Hateseeker like this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Even the big boxers will struggle to box enough to kill raid mobs in era. 12-18 boxes isn't gonna cut it on anything but Phinny. As for them boxing out of era targets? I'd say they would be doing the population a service, at that point no one wants to spend their time killing that stuff, they have better things to be killing. And if they do want to get it themselves rather than paying a boxer, instances still exist.

More likely with FV rules you will see more people camping epic bottlenecks to sell for fun and profit, but folks are already doing that now to sell the loot rights, so not much will change. Epics only last a short time. Hardly the end of the world.
  14. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

15. Zansobar Augur

They have not stated ANY rules for loot YET for Coirnav.
  16. Tachyon Augur

I don't agree.

Look at a droppable, but rare, epic quest like the Slime Blood of Cazic-Thule. It still has an extremely high Krono value even on the older TLPs because it is naturally rare and because it can be monopolized by farmers.

There are a bunch of no drop epic pieces that would fall into that same realm if they became saleable. A camp like Lord Bergurgle's Crown is difficult enough already because of the time investment and considering its value to every Cleric on the server you couldn't even get the camp for months into server opening, maybe years.
  17. Kahna Augur

Yeah but, FV rules doesn’t change the demand. It doesn’t change the number of items that need to enter the game to satisfy the need. Now you are waiting in line behind other clerics, on FV rules you have the option to spend those hours hanging out with friends at a cash camp and then just go buy your crown.

Other clerics or folks trying to sell it, either way the camp will be in high demand, and you still have the option of bringing 10 of your closest friends and trying to take the camp.

Maybe it’s just that this is the fourth time in as many years that I have been down this road, and I’m over the “accomplishment of it all” thing but I would prefer to have the option to just buy the item rather than fight over it.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sounds like you should join live then.

People play tlp for nostalgia and buying epics really doesn't fit the bill.
  19. Hateseeker Augur

Yes, because TLP is only about epics, and open loot rules nullify nostalgia.
  20. Polekn Augur

Unless something changed on FV, all epic 1.0 items are still NOTRADE.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.