Do Druids DoTs not stack anymore??

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lambro, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Lambro Lorekeeper

Came back few nights ago and over 30 now soloing for the most part without a merc as I like a challenge and I never had the luxury of them back then anyways during the leveling process.

Anyways, I remember all or most of my DoTs being able to stack. I'd just throw a root and a snare on incase root breaks and just DoT em up and play the waiting game. Or I'd do that to several mobs at a time for more xp.

Now I can't seem to get more that 2 DoTs on a mob. They don't stack.

Why would they do this? This cuts druids damage way down, no? I'm clearly doing less damage now as I can't get all my DoTs on a mob.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-notes-february-15-2017.238466/#post-3507344

- Druid - Increased all DoT lines in power and efficiency. Removed the ability for the same caster to stack multiple spells within these DoT lines (where it was possible).
    - The following lines were consolidated:
    - - Sunscorch (Vengeance of the Wild to Sunflash)
    - - Stinging Swarm (to Horde of Aculeids)
    - - Flame Lick (to Consuming Sunray)
    - - Nature's Blazing Wrath (to Nature's Fiery Wrath)
    - - Gelid Moonbeam (to Argent Moonbeam)
    - - Chill of the Natureward (to Chill of the Copsetender)
    Lambro likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

no, and that is not "clear" without knowing how much damage each hits for
  4. Zanarnar Augur

A few years back they consolidated dot lines and put them in stacking groups. So yes, you can only land one of each "type" of dot you have (magic, fire IIRC for druids)

HOWEVER, they combined all the previous ranks into each one so they are more powerful then the sum total of your previous stacked up dots, the trade-off is they consume MORE mana then the sum total of all your old dots did.

So its a buffnerf :) Overall, its an improvement IMO as you spend less time refreshing/stacking dots and more time medding/healing/nuking/whatever.
    Lambro likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have no experience with this change at the lower levels, as you are right now, but at the higher levels, it's awesome!

You can cast one DoT from each line of DoTs. I think at low levels, there are only two lines, which I think is what you're seeing. Which is why, at lower levels, it may not be that great of a change.

We get a third line somewhere in the 50s, and then two more after that (in the 70s? 80s? Been so long, I can't remember!)
    Lambro likes this.
  6. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks for the info all!
  7. Krowd New Member

Of course they are going to tell you it was balanced out but that is not what I find on my druid. My DoT's are less effective and resisted way more often now. They also jacked up the mana cost for the insect line of DoT's to where it is not worth using unless you process a AA line to let you cast it for 1 mana point. So now, I have to watch my buff window or create ANOTHER audio trigger to alert me it has went off. They have pushed druids to be more nukers than DoT'ers if you look at the spell line and mana costs unfortunately druid nukes are weak even with AA's.
    They have been undermining this class for quite sometime now and not sure why. You can see it as they take away your spell effectiveness as well as the ability to travel faster than other classes and replace it with every conceivable type of item to give all classes the same ability to get around as druids. No idea why someone would create druid in EQ these days. Hell even their buffs have become pretty much useless which is why they can be overwritten by other classes with similar lines of spells. It appears they found it could be a revenue stream for them which tells you they could care less about undermining a class for a buck. Of course they leave the big raiding classes alone so as to not piss off that money stream. My druid has 27,500 AA's so have played him for quite sometime and have been watching as the druids ability are being eroded.
    If it were not for the amount of time invested I would probably switch him out for a shaman but do not want to have to grind him out and get all of the AA's again.
    I have 3 accounts I play and a heroic druid on the other two created originally for travel and I can tell you even hunting mobs 25-30 levels below them you hit them with your DoT's and watch how long it takes the mob to die.