Do Beastlords use their DoTs?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Xarbokk, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Xarbokk Elder

I have read some rotation info on BST and seen everyone always posts the nukes and AAs and stuff to use but no one every mentions the DoTs. It it just understood to use them at the start or are they just not worth using at all?
  2. Bigfan Augur

Al`ele's Vindication, learn it, love it.

Alliance.

Yes, beastlords use dot's. and being as they are instant cast at 105, why not?
  3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Glyph of secrets will also be your friend when blasting away using vindication and alliance, it can reduce Mana cost of spells, and our dots are damn near 10k Mana a pop and without adequate Mana Regen+conservation they will drain your Mana fast so just use Mana glyph and don't worry about using crit glyphs.

I for one used to never use them because for quite some time during raids I was the only BST for 2 of the 3 days we raided so my alliance never got used, same for vindication, I mean I could used it but, meh, didn't feel like it. But now that our other core BST is on more often we spam our alliance any time it's up.

So yes bsts use dots :)
  4. Maedhros High King

Good ones do. Bad ones wont even hit Dicho on raids /boot!
  5. Stubar Augur

A few years ago any beast using DoTs were....to put it as simply as possible...THE WORST. They were under-powered, took up a valuable slot for a necro DoT, and not to mention the global timer blocked out all the other spell gems for a ridiculous amount of time. I did countless parses on them. They WERE a fraction of the dps a bst was capable of doing compared to nukes.

From what I have read the beastlord of today is a far cry from that. My understanding is the DoT is now an asset to beastlord dps. As you can see the previous responses to mine in this thread point out the pros to the new bst DoTs.

If you are looking back and happen to see posts about DoT being bad, odd are that they are from the change. Cuz ermergerd....they USED to be the WORST.
  6. Siddar Augur

I assume the ones saying they don't have not adjusted to DoT revamp. There is a huge amount of dated information on most classes and very little new information is being published. So those that have mastered a class can keep up with the changes and those that haven't are simply left behind.
  7. Stubar Augur

Sadly this is all too true. I'm tempted to return from time to time; however, this old ogre is...old. I like to try and keep up on some of the changes and offer advice where and when I can....BUT my knowledge is becoming antiquated and I'm chiming in less and less these day. I can only imagine how overwhelming things must be for someone just picking up a heroic bst and getting frustrated to no end trying to get all the skills, discs, and abilities to get that sought after synergy.
    Romance likes this.
  8. Romance Augur

Basically it comes down to how long can you use dots before you run completely out of mana. They're extremely mana intensive, if you're running out of mana half way through the event you probably would get more out of using fewer casts of DoT's and more of the mana to damage efficient DD's. Ideally you would be out of mana and mana return just as the event ends.

I would at minimum try to get some value out of vindication with the DoT's, and if you have multiple beastlords definitely try to coordinate triggering alliances.
  9. Romance Augur

It was frustrating as a non heroic bst still having retained some muscle memory, I can't imagine a new player trying to go from 0 to hero.
  10. Regazozo Journeyman

Yes, use your dots. No, not right away. They hit very hard and will pull aggro, give the tank a little time to build aggro. Start with your nukes, if you get a Gift of Mana proc, use it to apply a dot or use for your dicho. Gift of Mana procs are not reliable, but on raids I can keep the bosses fully doted the whole time, normally just off Gift of Mana procs. Make sure you have a timer running for your dots and refresh each one in turn. It's can be a lot to keep up with when you are still learning fights but the dps increase is very noticeable 200k+ parses.