Do away with "No Trade"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Jonny Panic Augur

This also relates to expansion currencies... which, by the way, I think are a Grodawful idea, another lazy alternative to more content... but the idea of a hundred currencies usable for one thing each destroys suspension of disbelief, especially if these "currencies" can't actually be traded and have no exchange-rate value.

They are definitely too liberal with the application of the "No Trade" tag. It's time for them to ease off.
  2. Gerzer Lorekeeper

I see a lot of talk about server economies and such. Well the reason this idea won't see any traction is because of 'real economy'

If a person wants the toons on a single account to be geared with all the latest and greatest...they have to put the time in on each toon, which means playing more which means more months they are paying for subscriptions or additional accounts that they box in an effort to get everyone geared.

One option would be a 2500SC single use 'converter box' takes an item and makes it No Trade/heirloom until its equipped again. Want that axe from Uber boss to go from Zerker to Warrior...fine 2500SC gets it done...want it back on Zerker, 2500SC.....

One variation is to 'tag' an item so the original toon that looted the item can always equip it. You woud just use SC for each additional toon that you wanted to have access to the item. Kind of like the model they use for hero's forge.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

I'd say theres a lot of people who don't play on FV who want FV's item rules, and the primary reason they aren't on FV is because their guild or friends wouldn't move with them.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We just need more droppable group items. CoTF seemed to have bucked the trend with lots of no drop. Group drop items like Oathbound Hammer would have been fun to trade around.