Do away with "No Trade"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Leerah Augur

Tell them this, it would reduce their CS load by 75%.
  2. Melanippe Augur

3. Benzarden Augur

This is easily the worst idea I've read on these forums.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

If some players can't accept the idea of making 10 of Marcia's items NO TRADE, you have a mountain to climb by converting the database of 50,000+ items. lol.
    Garshok likes this.
  5. Cerris Augur

#2 here is a huge problem in EQ2, where everything is heirloom and loot tends to be much more generic, both in the group and raiding games. It's worse now that unattuners are cheap & easily available.
  6. Goth Augur

Create new server. Just like normal server except same drop rules as FV.. See what happens.
  7. Pwnography Augur

Why? The server already exists and isn't as heavily populated as others. If people want FV drop rules, go to FV. There isn't any reason to make tiny tweaks to rulesets and brand them as innovative new ideas. Anyone is welcome to move their way on over to FV at any time. There is no reason to impose those rules and the rest of us who dont want to live by them to satisfy a small fraction of people who haven't transferred to where they might be happier.

If the demand was that high, we would have seen FV population at an all-time high and branching into multiple servers already. It hasn't. It fills a niche - that's it.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Benzarden Augur

I think he was being facetious, and his "see what happens" was implying that it would be a poor outcome.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Good point. This thread is dead, I believe, at any rate. :p
    Benzarden likes this.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

I don't care so much about the gear - but there are certain things that I think could/should be heirloom. The houses I bought with SC and Loyalty Crowns (and any housing items that can be bought) should be heirloom (the bags I can buy in either place are heirloom, why not all things?). All Mounts should be heirloom (some are some aren't). I'm sure there are other things that have annoyed me since they added the concept to EQ, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.
    Marshall Maathers likes this.
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

I agree, and I would add claims like the Crescent Reach port clicky, which is what I miss the most from switching toons on my box accounts.
  12. Leerah Augur

My beta rewards should be heirloom. Masks and mercenary contracts alike.
    Marshall Maathers likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

I think anything purchased with an account specific currency (loyalty, SC) should be heirloom. Anything earned by an individual toon should not be.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  14. Jonny Panic Augur

I do have to say that they've gone out of their way to abuse this design tool in the last few expansions. The game isn't really all that open-world anymore, and it can be frustrating. How many times have you seen or picked up new Notrade loots only to find out that they can't be pre-looted?

I'm not all for eliminating Notrade... for the sake of immersion, it makes sense that you could only have one Golden Fleece... or One Ring... or Pee Wee's Bicycle... but, also for the sake of immersion, they need to stop putting a stranglehold on how players do some of these tasks and quests.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

I really want to move my Collapsible Roboboar to my Gnome Tinkerer, but it's stuck on my Barbarian instead :rolleyes:
  16. Goth Augur

i was not really being facetious. I dont know what it takes to create a new server thats why i said see what happens. I dont see why it would have a poor outcome.

I do realize that there is a server like this FV.

as far as i can tell FV is very very healthy server. I would venture to guess its probably one of the best servers right now.

I am actually kind of wondering why there is not more servers like FV out there.

it would be an interesting poll to find out if the players would like a new FV type server.
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-populations-june-2014-edition.211891/

Which, tangentially, makes me wonder where Chikkin went...
  18. Benzarden Augur

FV is a medium population server. Why would we need another FV rules server? If people want to play on this type of server, they have a perfectly good server that already exists and has plenty of room. We don't need to spread EQ's declining population thinner amongst more servers. Creating an additional server would have a detrimental effect on FV as well. Having one medium pop server is better than having two low pop servers.
  19. Coruth Augur

Don't do it away with it fully.

But add 500k or 1k Loyalty Container that turns 1 item from No Drop to Attunable.

It will become a giant Plat Sink every time an item is moved, and do a lot to combat inflation for Krono Prices
  20. Goth Augur

IDK why lol. just saying.. i dont care either way.

create server allow free xfers too (limited time) then only allow xfer from that server to FV and FV only to new server...

or the next new progression server they seem to come out with every so often can be a FV style everything trad-able type deal.