Do any Devs actually play this game anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mannhec, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Catashe Augur

Are you a alien?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm Like,

[IMG]

or like,

[IMG]
  3. Duder Augur

4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think you missed the context. The other boxes are just boxes. Its a collections only box so it manages your inventory for you. Tradeskills only bags and a collections only box at the top of your inventory means that adv loot self manages where half the things you pick up go. That box is unique if it holds only collectibles.
  5. enclee Augur

You’re confusing me, are you just repeating my first post to me?
  6. Fian Augur

So the reason why I am focused on this, is because it is a perfect example of the Devs not playing the game. Dev admitted before he nerfed it that he was unaware it was so easy. Obviously he wasn't reading boards, but neither was he getting feedback from fellow Devs how easy it was.

I mean what is the point asking if Devs play the game in the first place? I thought the point of this thread is that Devs don't play the game, so they don't really understand what their playerbase experience is like. If we can't discuss an obvious failure of Devs understanding what is going on, why have this thread in the first place?
  7. Ranonman Elder

It's cool to see some devs still playing this game! You're just like one of us who enjoys achievements, collections, and such. I'm one of those people who has highest achievements and nearly complete! I could use more achievements in the game haha. I wonder if there will be more old world achievements after all exciting new things in ToV? (I may have asked this similar question long ago.)
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I felt the same way that it was a catch up mechanic well with the caveat that it WAS major anniversary content too. But I cringe to think what things would have been like with the way TBL was tuned and designed without GMM.
  9. Zamiam Augur

I did not buy TBL on release in fact I waited till they went on sale because it was just to difficult of an expansion for the times I play.. I box and only play very late at night early AM .. thank goodness for GMM. I did end up buying TBL when it was on sale for 5 of my 10+ accounts but only because I had 4 of my boxes geared up from GMM . after i purchased TBL i was finally able to get 2 of my boxes (main and an alt) thru trials, it was a PITA and very difficult to get assistance to do them.. still have 1 more alt to get thru trials but I dont think it should be to hard now ..

anyways to make a long story short(er) if GMM wasnt avail I prolly would of waited till ToV to order my standard expansion and even then would of only done 1 maybe 2 accounts then waited for ToV to go on sale in a year and upgraded rest of my accounts ..

I have plenty to do going back to HoT with 5+ alts to keep me busy for years to come :p so missing an expansion or 2 is not a big deal
    Xyphen, Duder and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First off, and I could be wrong here, but I don't think every EQ Dev is completely versed in every aspect of the game. They each have their own areas of responsibility and varying degrees of experience and years in with Everquest.

And we talk about devs playing the game. Some seem to expect devs to play a crap load out of the game. Thing is not everyone wants to bring their job home with them nor should they be expected to. I have no doubt devs are passionate about the game. Before I retired I was passionate about my job and the work I did but I didn't go home and do it some more. So any time devs spend playing the game outside of work is pure bonus as far as I am concerned.

If EQ wasn't a 20 year old game and pulling in a limited income it would probably have a large quality assurance team to handle what we are expecting of the game devs. This is an old game with limited revenue potential. You simply are not going to get a large quality assurance team testing things. I think right now we are lucky things end up being relatively well balanced overall because the devs know the job and their game.
    Duder and Eggolas like this.