Djarns Amethyst Ring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeverPayForLag Augur

How do you get further stats in Djarns Amethyst Ring?
    I have it evolved to 2/2 and got it throught the button. I have also Champion in EoK and nearly all in RoS. But only crappy 5k and no changes.

Is this bugged?
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Ring = Champion of EoK and RoS.
  3. NeverPayForLag Augur

I know...
    But does it JUMP up?
    It has 5 stages:

1) Djarns Tarnished Amethyst Ring
    2) Djarns Silver Amethyst Ring
    3) Djarns Gold Amethyst Ring
    4) Djarns Platinum Amethyst Ring
    5) Djarns Rhodium Amethyst Ring

I have

- Champion of EoK
    - nearly all of Champion of RoS

At least the champion of EoK should count to get better stats than TBL T1 gear.
    That thing shows lousy stats like TBL T1 fully evolved at 2/2!
    If it has 5 different stages then something should show at least at Champion of EoK.

Do I have to redo all quests to evolve that? Not really... I think...
  4. Cadira Augur

You have to have champion of ros and eok in their entirety to get it past level 1. Having JUST eok champion means nothing, it's all or nothing. As soon as you get Ros champion done, you'll be able to level it to level 2 (Silver) and there forward until level 4 (5 if you have Master of the Burning Lands)
    snailish and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

6. Schadenfreude Augur

You've most likely put it into a broken state by mashing the evolve button when not having the necessary achievements. There's quite a few code fixes in the pipeline for these items but not sure if this is within the scope of what they can do.
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I have this ring but it’s only 76% into level 1. I had Champion of EOK achievement already completed when I got it and just recently finished the Champion of ROS one. It still shows level 1 of 2. Will it update to show level 4 when I finally evolve it to level 2?
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

Yes.

Edit to add: You can evolve any of the 4 items through kills *up to* converting it to the next tier. Conversion to the next tier (2nd) is commensurate with that item's specific requirements.
    e.g., Boots = All non-optional explorer achievements. Gloves = PoP, EoK, RoS hunter. Ring = Champion of EoK and RoS. Shoulders = Collections CotF+.
    Once you've completed those requisite steps you are free to evolve the items up to the 2nd-to-last tier via kills.
    The final tier requires Master of the Burning Lands (TBL merc/partisans, TBL missions, & TBL group challenger achievements).
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So I don't need TBL, Hunter or Collects, but I do need TBL Traveller & Champion?
  10. Bobokin Augur

This is really a kick in the head to casual players.

I guess there has to be items like this, but gosh.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

I just don't get this mentality. You don't have to have this item. Its existence in no way harms you or impacts you unless you choose to want to chase the super carrot. Its the same mentality all the achievement whiners had; I don't want to kill grey cons, I don't want to go back and redo stuff, I don't want amazing augments in the game based on gigantic grinds of old content. Basically if it wasn't current content they fought tooth and nail to have it stopped because they didn't want to put in the work because they didn't like where it was coming from. Stuff can exist and its not an affront to someone else who doesn't have the time, desire or will to complete what it takes. They can just not do it for the bonus and continue like it wasn't there.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

how?? why??? what holds up a casual player on??? want the item go do some work, the formula is consistent regardless the player.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Peltier Elder

Bwhahahahahahahha
  14. Bobokin Augur

First of all, I get it. I understand that there will be items like this that reward players for doing things. I said so in my reply, and I knew the next response would be someone with a post about how not all items are for everyone, and people need to earn their way ....

That stated, casual players do not often have the time to go through all of those progressions, so this is a nice item, but is just another unreachable goal for many casual players. It isn't a complaint; it is a comment.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

casual does not equal lazy I dont believe.....thats just me Im in a raiding guild and dont really spend my life in the game outside of raids myself....but I do make some time to get it done. EVERYONE has the time, its a matter of how much ya put into it and how fast you want it. It's attainable for all that being said.
    Thunderkiks and Smokezz like this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

First you say EVERYONE has the time. Then you say it is a matter of how much you put into it, and it is attainable for all. Is it?

You have no idea what people's lives are like outside this game. I know players that have to do 12 hours of kidney dialysis each week, others that are doing chemo because of cancer, and others that have two jobs and can play just a couple hours a week. Some players are gone from the game for weeks at a time. Some can only sit at a computer for a limited time, and some us us were born with chronic afflictions.

To pretend that everyone can do everything if they want is presumptive and disingenuous. It bends what is reality for many players of Everquest. I am not sure what you believe casual play is, but I don't think it means what you think it means.
  17. Bobokin Augur

No it doesn't, so please don't equate the two or infer that players who either do not have the time, or choose not to play through the progressions to get the best enjoyment of the game, are lazy.
  18. Febb Augur

This is a grind game. It always has been and it always will be a grind to get the best items. If you can't put the time in, that's not really on the design team, that's on the casual player for trying to do something they don't have the time for. I am a casual player. I pick and choose what I'm willing to spend my time on and it isn't for things that require me to spend a ton of time on.
  19. Bobokin Augur

I understand, and this item requires three expacs of progression completion to gain full effect.

Everquest has had progression creep for a while now - not only requiring progression inside the expac but also requiring progression or drops in older expacs to use current expac items. Again, I get why the game will have items like this, but they do little for the casual gamer.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot can be accomplished in a couple of hours playtime if planned ahead with friends who play together.

I play in the evenings with my other half rather than watching the rubbish on TV. While it may take someone with less time longer to complete, there should be no reason why they would not eventually complete any group content in game to get any group items.

Where we would aim to get X amount of progression done per night, theirs would simply be per week.

The item is still good at the beginning, end or middle of the expansion. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.