Divine Guardian

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Roxxanna, May 7, 2016.

1. Roxxanna Augur

I was once told never to use this on raids as it conflicted with something, but in a discussion with guildies, I couldn't remember what/why. Did they ever fix this?
  2. shiftie Augur

Originally it had stacking conflicts with DI but they changed the slots on the lycanthropy and shouldn't have problems now. The only other notable spell with stacking conflicts appears to be rallying call.
  3. Gundolin Augur

Nice, I had entirely missed they fixed this.

Thanks
  4. Clarisa Augur

There really aren't any stacking issues except with other "guardian" abilities, which was intended. From March 3rd to May 25th (about 12 complete or near-complete clears of TBM), my Divine Guardian was only blocked twice:

[Sat Apr 09 18:44:00 2016] Your Divine Guardian Spirit VI spell did not take hold on Rune. (Blocked by Ancestral Guardian Spirit IX.)
    [Sun May 15 20:55:31 2016] Your Divine Guardian Spirit VI spell did not take hold on Bengalee. (Blocked by Guardian's Trace.)

The first blocking incident was caused by the shaman guardian ability, Ancestral Guardian Spirit IX. It procs at under 50% health and casts Spirit Renewal IX, a 30k HoT for 4 ticks/24 secs. That's probably not as useful as the Divine Guardian heal (79k instant heal under 30%) for an MT like Rune but it was only blocked once by this, so it doesn't get cast on him too often.

The second blocking incident was caused by Guardian's Trace, which is the blocker a target receives after Divine Guardian's heal has proc'd that prevents them from receiving another guardian ability for 1 min. Someone ninja'd Divine Guardian on Ben so I couldn't give him mine, but this also doesn't happen too often.

So it should be totally safe to cast now as long as your tanks value it over the other guardian abilities, and it should be cast frequently with the 5 min. recast.