Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

All I can say is... No. Just no.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  2. juggalo New Member

I know there are some people who like housing. Maybe one percent or less of population. So house ok for them. Some may like the mercs. Probably less then housing. You already sell heroic characters so that is a waste. Who wants paintings? I dont know one person who geeks out over paintings and i have played non stop since spring 2000. I have always bought ce and i make more money then i can really spend, but i dont spend it on garbage. That is what you are selling the faithful, the returning, the new players. Garbage. I have 5 accounts. I will buy 1 tds for my raid account. If you make it more worth while down the road maybe 1 more. But not ce for either unless something changes big time
    Nymster, Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  3. Salvado New Member

It would be nice to have a 2-week period from the 28th for that "pre-order price" of $59.99 for Collector Edition. I suppose it should be made for All Access subscribers and get a nice zone clicky. After the two weeks, the price can be $89.99 for Silver/FTP members and should include a 1-month-only Gold Membership (not All Access). Please? :D If not, the 7 accounts in my control will not be getting CE and maybe only 3 would get TDS standard.
  4. Brohg Augur

There is no such thing
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Salvado New Member

There used to be. So, it can happen again :p It's just a suggestion anyway.
  6. Tobin Augur

A clicky to zone to where the action is for the hub of the new expansion is the way to go here to fix the CE over pricing. I would pay the $50 then. If they reduced the price of the CE to something like $49.99 and limit it to "All Access" only for the period before the FTP accounts can get in that would be good too.

Remember it's all about money SoE. You must admit the volume of customers that get the CE would be much larger if you did these two things.
    Nymster and Lisandra like this.
  7. Exuo Journeyman

Hi Roshen,

Goodness we are a rowdy bunch, aren't we?

Please take solace in the fact that all the posting is purely a sign of our passion for the game we've lived in not only "played" in for so long. While our loyalty has been tested again and again and as I'm sure you know it is weakened, yet after everything we still come to play and that's a good thing...

/em steps off soapbox.

Anyway my question, which i may have missed it somewhere so you have my apologies in advance!

With the Darkened Sea expansion is it going to be released in a staggering / tiered fashion as with the Call of the Forsaken expansion, etc, or is the launch all at once with all zones and the like on launch day?

Thanks

Exuo

/promptly hits his FD key.
    drkoli and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. Rorce Augur

Yeah, you're right, there's only 2-3 bags from achievements. This list is only from the last 3 expansions' achievements. This also doesn't include bags that are dropped, and the bags we have all gotten from past expansion purchases.

40 slot - Anihilator's Satchel
    40 slot - Tradermaster's Component Bag - TS only
    40 slot - Fear Collector's Case - Collectibles
    36 slot - Hoarder's Cache
    34 slot - Featherweight Hunter's Trunk
    32 slot - Royal Satchel
    32 slot - Flame Keeper's Trunk
    32 slot - Satchel of the Fearslayer
    32 slot - Satchel of the Alaran Legend
    30 slot - Expert Shadow Hunter's Satchel
    28 slot - Expert Fear Hunter's Satchel
    28 slot - Satchel of the Veil Slayer
    24 slot - Adept Fear Hunter's Satchel
    24 slot - Expert Veil Hunter's Satchel
    22 slot - Veteran Veil Hunter's Satchel
    18 slot - Adept Veil Hunter's Satchel
    16 slot - Novice Veil Hunter's Satchel
    Elricvonclief and Sheex like this.
  9. Ganaldarr New Member

I was really looking forward to buying the CE, but like a lot of people have said, there's just not enough there to warrant the price.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Kinyenya Lorekeeper

I was actually looking forward to the next expansion and buying the collectors edition to add to my collection. Then i saw the price and still considered it, then i scrolled down to see what all came with forking over to SOE $90.00 and then i about fell out of my chair laughing or crying not sure which. More needs added to the Collectors Edition and some of that just outright removed because its a joke. I have never been one to beat around the bush and I am not going to start now.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

This is not a staggered launch expansion. The Darkened Sea will launch with all of its zones and content on launch day.
    Exuo likes this.
  12. Shang Augur

There won't be any new content associated with The Darkened Sea post launch?
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Maeryn Augur

Since players have 38 bag slots for one character and "only" 34 bag slots for any other character on the account even having all those bags wouldn't eliminate the desirability of more bags.

http://raidloot.com/Search.aspx?order=BagSlots

Even limiting it to the 10 carried bags if someone goes with 1 each for collectibles and TS they have 8 more bag slots. So the sub-group of players with all 9 of the 32+ slot anything bags that aren't Scuffed or SC has 1 "wasted" 32 slot bag already on an alt, in bank or shared bank and another one would be similarly "wasted".

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=60959

Fiery Dragonhide Pack missing from raidloot and maybe they are missing some other larger bags but without Scuffed, SC or /testcopy you're not going to have many people even among the no alts and do all content brigade without much use for another bag.
  14. Derd Augur

The next expansion after tds is really the first new expansion psr with a full year dev time frame.So no their should be no content added to tds post release. If they did your just going backwards again to staggered expansion release. That seems to be a point that is glossed over or ignored by many posters. They (soe) agreed with the outcry of the majority that staggered release was bad. So they, with the staff they have finished cotf and pow while also doing this expansions prep work. Finishing the size and scope that could be accomplished in a short time frame for our normal release cycle. They really only had two options move tds release months from now and expand it or release what they could physically do now.

Psr- post staggered release. Yes I made that up :)

Also price wise for the ce, rifts top tier exp goes for 149.99 with one lvl 60 heroic.
  15. Exuo Journeyman

Thank you for such a fast response :)

Exuo
  16. Lisandra Augur

Yeah TDS isn't going to keep us busy for a year so be prepared to take a long break or several breaks in the next year.
  17. Cloudia Augur

Why is everyone wanting a hub port clicky as a collectors item? Shouldn't that be part of the basic package to get players to the action?
    I would have expected at least a one per account 1 hour or so recast portal device to be part of the basic package unless they are making a direct link there from pok.
    pay more get less, and lower expectations.
  18. Mysl Augur

I would like to have a hub port clicky for standard package like it had in UF, but I think SoE thinks everyone love the housing part of the game, so we are just getting paintings for the house, which just make the /claim list longer for me. :(
  19. Povarmonk Elder

I am pretty much in agreement with everyone else and now after rereading we do not even get any backpacks at unless we claim the heroic toon. That is just a waste of time for those of us that are purchasing this for our Main accounts. If want us to spend the extra money then your gonna have to give something else to go with this usually you guys have been giving out backpacks and now with this one we get none this makes no sense.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People should simply boycott "Big Bag Sales" (and this Collector's Edition). They are spoiled by big bag profits and now have the hubris to with-hold big bags as expansion goodies.