Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

wait.... you can delete a heroic level 85 and make a new one? that will start at 85?
  2. Marshall Maathers Augur

If you purchase it for SC, you never lose that HC allocation, even if you delete the character. If you got it for free, you will lose the HC forever if you delete it.
  3. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

^ This.... is GOOD NEWS! thanks!
  4. The Nothing New Member

so after the 10% it`s going to be $45 for a heroic + boat(house) + another merc type . . .

a $5 boat and a $5 merc and a $35 toon

we are being substituted the preorder for 2 weeks advanced play , compared to free to play toons , i could care less about getting 2 weeks more play in , so what i`m lvl 105 before you , next month none of that will matter everyone will be max and noone will remember who was 1st but that 1 person. . .

and the 30%ish preorder discount ($89.99 to $59.99) is now knocked down to 10%!! w tee eff

and when is it going to be available to purchase? oct 28? so the day it comes out we buy it then have to dload it or will it be available to dload or buy before the 28th?

this totally looks like fixing something that wasnt broken at the payers expense , i meant pLayers but i left the typo cause it fit!

last years release what just fine i liked my preorder discount , i liked having it paid for in advance and not having to shift my budget to get it on a certain day , and the extras were worth getting for the price asked

been a lot of talk about a bag , and i agree mostly , with the shady extras , the cut in discount and the weird 2 week advanced play this deal isnt such a deal..... i mean really i get 500 sc a month so every 7 months i get a free heroic , i already own 12 lvl 95+ toons i really need another?! things just seem so one sided , who is the guy in the boardroom speaking for the people ? cause right now all we see is calculators with dollar sign eyes!
  5. Fendy Augur

Make hero's forge account based, not character based.
  6. Rorce Augur

This is nothing new. The expansion patch has always had 95% if not all of the expansion download. Ever since the switch to digital this has been the case.

You didn't have it paid for in advance, tho. Pre-orders have never charged your account until the day the expansion went live. This has always been the case. There is literally no difference budget wise between putting back the cash for the expansion now, versus pre-ordering it in the past and not spending the money in your account. It's literally the exact same thing.
  7. Greymantle Augur

[/quote]You didn't have it paid for in advance, tho. Pre-orders have never charged your account until the day the expansion went live. This has always been the case. There is literally no difference budget wise between putting back the cash for the expansion now, versus pre-ordering it in the past and not spending the money in your account. It's literally the exact same thing.[/quote]

Correct , all this is doing is spreading the load on the EQ accounting site. Instead of trying to process automagicly all the pre-orderes now it will just get bogged down with everyone sighning on and ordering near the same time...
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. leaola Journeyman

for the ce price they should snailmail you a pirate eyepacth or something.
    Lisandra and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Our Devs care a lot about the game and this community.
    Not so much "The Empire" and it's marketing lackeys. "It's an old game - lets just milk them for as long as they'll stay and put up with it."

-R
    Lisandra and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  10. Meadal Journeyman

I am not one to complain, but my wife is. Good news is she won't be complaining that I spent 59.99 this time around for the CE ! Thanks Sony !
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. BonkinGoblin29 New Member

If you add a 32 or 36 slot bag I'll totally buy the CE if not I don't think its worth it =-/ and I almost always Buy a CE for at least one account.
  12. Rafather Augur

no more bags/boxes for collections please, 3 already is enough. no reason to have more then one in your inventory.
  13. Bigbear Augur

well my earlier post in this thread was said in haste... after thinking about this i must say

THANK YOU SOE

you have made this game alot cheaper on my family... we usually buy CE for all 6 of mine and my wife's accounts but wont have to this year...this will be the cheapest expansion for us in a long time

$390 for CotF and only $240 this year... i can buy my wife a new pair a shoes lol
    juggalo, Shiea, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

I was going to buy 3 collectors and 2 regulars but i will just buy 1 collector and 4 regulars at that price. I count my self winning and them loosing in that situation =p

Do we know when exacly this will be available for purchase so that i can make sure no delay or complication come from loging in?
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Feradach Augur

October 28th if you're All Access.
  16. yaynorrath New Member

I normally don't visit here often, but that CE with 90$ price-tag...weak. What about 75/80$ max or as others have already said in this thread, better sell the big boat separately..
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Casidia Augur

Years ago i would have thought this price is absurd esp. for such an old game, but when you look at other games & companies where they sell alpha/beta access..."patron status"...and god knows what else...it's nothing special.
    Then again SoE does it for landmark too, mmo gamers are the cows standing ready to be milked in these times it's so dull.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Xeladom Augur

The $50 extra dollars is for SOE to pour into another failed game like they always do.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Rafather Augur

EQ has been pouring money into the EQN pit for the last 6 years, it is up to version 3.5 now and still no hint at a release. They are hoping that in 2 more years when its finally out that we will all gladly migrate over to it. Sadly the people at SoE don't know that cannibalized subscriptions does not equal new subscriptions. Many of the subscribed that are left playing EQ wont move over because of this horrible treatment once it is said and done.
    juggalo, Edrick, Bigbear and 3 others like this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal