Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Warpiggs Augur

No pre-order this year? How come? With the Collector's Edition being so horrible I wouldn't even buy it at a discounted price. This will be the first Collectos Edition I have not bought. Keep this trend going please, you are helping my wallet. Thanks.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  2. Raynrace Augur

I've always gotten the collectors edition. Not this time....

Sadly it's just pixels it's not like they have to give up anything real. Not even sure my 2nd account will get it at all to be honest.
  3. Muuadib Journeyman

Without respouting all the points of the previously well articulated, unappealing offer of the CE of this next expansion, the previous 5 pages spell out in clear detail the problem with this release offer.
    I humbly and sincerely thank SOE for saving me $100 (x2 accounts) but to be honest I would have rather had spent that extra hunsky for a slick and attractive CE offer.
    This will be my first purchase of standard edition's since the CE's became available. I wont go as far as to say I'm heartbroken but I feel something about this CE that is not happiness
    I KNOW you peeps at the design end can do FAR better than this so I can only hold the decision makers responsible in this and say to that, you would seem to be unqualified as the final decision maker.
    Further, you obviously do not play this game or you would be having similar feelings to the majority of the previous post's on this thread.
    These Everquest expansion's are my favorite (and only) Christmas present each year however this year I must have been naughty to deserve this CE. Also I'm not asking for quantity but would request quality.
    P.S. I wonder how much sarcasm the people will receive in game in /general chat or /tell who purchase it and display there merc? or pet? or...boathouse/houseboat?
    /Disapointed!
    /rant off
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

If I could take the heroic character from CE and put it on a second account...I would at least pause and think. Now you are essentially spending $15 for a ship house and an arc merc skin. Still on the expensive side, but not over the top ridiculous.

I am not sure how many lvl 100 main characters want a lvl 85 HC on the same account as their main. You can only play one character per account at a time, and I would guess people who get TDS want to progress on their mains when expansion is released. Not on a 85...
  5. Rorce Augur

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

It says in very big, unmistakable letters "All Access members receive 10% off at checkout!"

And I've received the 10% discount when purchasing the expansion for an alt account.
  6. Mysl Augur

Interesting. When you received the 10% discount, were you purchasing it when it first came out, or were you purchasing it during one of the promotioning sales in the year? CotF went on couple sales during 2014. The reason I asked, was because about a month ago, I checked the price of CotF on my all access account, and did not see the 10% discount at checkout, the pricing above the "buy now" button was listed as 39.99.
  7. Gialana Augur

I purchased CotF for an alt account during one of the sales. The alt account had All Access, and I received an additional 10% beyond the sale price when purchasing through the marketplace.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Shiea Augur

Edited: Okay just logged in, went to marketplace looked at CoTF and there is NO 10% discount option for purchasing it even as an all-access member.
  9. Shiea Augur

10% applies to everything BUT expansion purchases so it must have been during a special that you purchased it.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. ChoppSuey Journeyman

Waiting to hear requirements for test server Roshen!
  11. The Nothing New Member

will there be a pre-order? if so when? and if not, when will TDS be available to purchase?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Confirmed. All-Access members get 10% off expansions.

The button on the website or in-game won't change for you to show this discounted price. You'll see this 10% discount when you checkout.
    Lisandra, Ratbo Peep and Shiea like this.
  13. Iila Augur

Will SoELive attendees be able to check if we're receiving our gift expansion before TDS goes live?
  14. Rorce Augur

The 10% All Access discount didn't come until SOE converted all game subscriptions over to the All Access plan. This took place after CotF launched, thus no one received the 10% discount on CotF when it was released.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Rorce Augur

Negative. I know, shame on me for posting something positive in such a negative thread, but I'm 100% sure of what I said.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Shiea Augur

No man, I'm glad you said something. I'll save 4 bucks when I can haha!
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Issk Journeyman

I don't see the value in the collectors edition this time around. I don't care about the paintings, the mercs are semi-cool, but not a deal sealer, the boat house is "meh", and I don't need another heroic character. If you want my extra $50 you'll need to offer something more. I want a starting zone port clickie, a large and cool expac specific bag, a mount, and or so.ething else. Thus far, I'll be going with the standard offer.
    juggalo, Lisandra and EQjunkie like this.
  18. Feradach Augur

Agreed. There is no good way to justify the extra $50 this time around. Seems to me like SOE is placing too much value in the Heroic Character.
    juggalo likes this.
  19. Crumm Lorekeeper

Oh SOE, you had me at mini ankylosaurus...
  20. Mugsie Elder

Okay, we all know that the bonuses that are coming with the expansion, and in particular CE are... overwhelming unappealing to 98% of the active accounts.

To that end... add pre-order bonuses people will like!

Ideas for PRE ORDER bonus:
    1. HUGE collectible only bag,
    1a. 2x HUGE collecible bag for CE
    2. A 'glowing' rank 2 spell ready to claim
    2a. 2x 'glowing' rank 2 spell ready to claim for CE
    (yes I know this would seem like pay to win, but it really is only a small temp boost in grand shceme)
    3. Merc slot
    3a Merc slot, chatacter doll, heroforge upgrade (which would synch in nicely with heroic toon)
    4. Useful expendables (Think along lines of newest alchemy potion samples
    4a. Toss in an xp potion for CE

Would excite sales a bit, and I think would encourage those who consider buying CE to opt in at $50 you probably would not recieve otherwise.

Mugs
    drkoli, juggalo and Ratbo Peep like this.