Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Gerzer Lorekeeper

Add in an heirloom insta cast clicky invis all/all item. lvl1 usable along with a choice of player race illusion clicky (heirloom) and I'd be all over a collectors set...or 3

Nice offerings but I agree with most...the collectors box need a little more love
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

I'm not sure what is "awesome" or "amazing" about 4 paintings I will never hang, a Lizardman merc I will never use, and a Pet I can not use because I am a mage.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  3. Karhar Dream Crusher

90 dollars? since theres no pre-orders, will it be 60 for all access for first 2 weeks?
    Suana and Lisandra like this.
  4. Bart Journeyman

Seriously, I would rather have nothing at all, just the expan. if this is what they are handing out.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Exactly this. I've been buying collectors for awhile but this year it really doesn't seem worth it.
    juggalo, Aliano and Azzurri like this.
  6. segap Augur

Why all the complaints? I love it. I'm going to save $50 per account! For those that want the ship, merc and heroic character, grats to them.
    drkoli and juggalo like this.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

These are both claim 999 items. I've updated this article to reflect this.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Will be rolling the Standard edition on the account I use to raid, might not buy the expansion for the other 5 accounts. Just feels very under whelming for content then add in the nerf bat that has been free swinging at classes.

I don't see anything there for $89.99 I have to have. Already own a house, the Lizardman Merc looks horrible, Not a pet class so that is out also, 4 paintings......umm no thanks. Heroic Character, idk that might be the bait for this expansion to get people to buy it.

Who is doing the marketing here? My math $39.99 for Standard edition + $35.00 for 3,500 SC to buy Heroic character equals $74.99 saving me $15.00.
    Lisandra and Stickietoes like this.
  9. Mojoslinger Elder

Previously all the Collectors Editions were 59.99 when you pre ordered them before launch and then 89.99 afterwords, Will you be doing the same kind of Promo this time around?
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. SpamFactory Augur

any unusual recast times, shortened durations, or other strange or unexpected restrictions on any of these items that we should know about before we've spent our money?
  11. Kucaniz Master

As much as I like the individual items, the collector's edition doesn't seem worth $90. Like the guy above me said, standard+heroic character only comes out to $75. You mean to tell me the rest of the items make up the other 15?

I was hoping to buy it but, I just don't know that I could justify it. Throw in that extra bag you usually do and I'll certainly change my mind. That, or lower the price a bit.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

You can only enter the house but never leave! Unless high tide on the 3rd Sunday of July in a leap year.
  13. Rafather Augur

Forgot about this little point, man it really isn't worth it.

I gave you clowns money for a fanfair clickie that you then switched, now unless something big is added then forget it.
    Lisandra, Aliano and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  14. smash Augur

Well for me, it is standard edition, since i gotta buy it if i wanna raid, and i dont wanna spend Money on the collector edition, since there nothing worth there getting.
    juggalo likes this.
  15. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I'm usually the first one "in line" to preorder the collector's editions of every expansion, even though i play EQ2 way more than this game...but for 90 bucks times 2 accounts? Sorry, but i can't see spending 180 bucks for this...Even if i was still playing this game full time. As others have said, this is the first time i will not be buying collectors editions.
    Xeladom and Lisandra like this.
  16. Sebbina Augur

Any chance that one of our heroic folk from SOE, would display the houseboat etc. on Test, or one of the other servers.
  17. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

The non pre-order price should be $60 or less hands down. The pre-order promotion should be less.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Stickietoes Augur

Just zone into TBS, Jardel's Hook island and go to that boat, its the exact same layout, 2 or 3 floors (can't remember). Saw it on Beta
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. lady New Member

Yes, I was looking forward to buying the collection and getting some nice items also. I do not care for the look of the mercenary etc. and the boat and I have already bought several Heroic, so I see no need to spend $90 dollars. I have been playing now over 14 years and things are getting very ... hmm what is the word I am searching for ...lol .... I agree bags, portal stick,, potions, gear or something would make me at least buy for one account hehe.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  20. Abbraka New Member

The collector's edition is a joke. For the extra $50 you get a Heroic character that costs 3500 SC, and 2 junk items. The only thing funnier is buying them with Nobles. Gonna go for standard editions for my accounts.
    juggalo likes this.