Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Stickietoes Augur

2. Povarmonk Elder

Pretty much 10 pages here of people not wanting what you guys are offering for the collectors this needs to change or no1 is going to buy this at all and if they do then they are fools
  3. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

You guys are asking for more and more every year from collectors. At this point the only thing left they havent done is a furry praying mantis mount
  4. Xeladom Augur

And every year we get less content.
  5. Vlad Diszno Augur

Unfortunately there is nothing compelling me to buy a CE for that price, let alone the 3 I had been anticipating all summer. I see no reason to pull the trigger on CE now, when one can purchase it anytime in the future at the same price. And if not willing to buy it now for said price, what will change that would get one to buy it later for same price?
    Seems to me that if people aren't enticed by cost/return ratio to buy the CE right off the bat, they will be less likely to do so later. The prelaunch sale prices of the past would tempt folks, knowing the price would go up if not grabbed now. I have interest in the boat, but, not $50 worth of interest for even 1 account atm. I'm not quite that wealthy.

Truthfully, I'm looking for a good reason to even pull the trigger on buying the expansion right when it comes out.

For me, 2 weeks of game time before ftp players is hardly of a perk. It may allow one to hunt and progress from the 1st zone before ftp people get in, but are there that many ftp accounts that will get the expansion and congest the zone more? Perhaps?
    I'm not in that much of a hurry.

I wish this expansion and CE would have gotten me in a hurry to buy it, but that's not w/in my power.
  6. Ganaldarr New Member

Seeing as how I'm not 100 yet, I'm in the same boat. I wanted cool items to play around with before I got to the actual content.
  7. Imanewbie New Member

None of the offerings interest me at all. And by looking at the comments, everyone seems to be interested in different things.
    So since there are 3 different things offered in the collectors edition, why not split each bonus item (heroic character, house and merc) into 3 tiers, then add additional items like bags, potions etc at a similar value to what is being offered as the heroic character, house and merc and then let us choose 1 item in each tier we would like to have.
    Some items might be the same/similar as a bonus item in a previous release (since not all of us have it)... like a gumdrop that changes the used into a gingerbread man ..... (well that is what I would love to have and it can be slightly different in looks so the orginal item doesnt lose value).
  8. Stumphobbler Elder

Here is the Collector’s Edition offerings from EQ 2
    Collector’s Edition

The Collector’s Edition of Altar of Malice will be available for $89.99. It will include the painting from the Standard Edition, plus the following:
    Elite Battle-Mystic Mercenary
    [IMG]

Let Kluuron V’Lorn, the battle-mystic mercenary, do your bidding in the Shattered Seas. Gain access to this exiled Cultist of Primordial Malice who will fight alongside you for coin. Each character on your account will be able to hire this fearsome mercenary.
    Mage Tower Mirage
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Bring a piece of the Isle of Refuge into your own home with the Mage Tower Mirage. This unique magic house object provides teleportation to the Isle of Refuge in the Altar of Malice expansion. You can change the appearance of this tower from the original to the destroyed version by interacting with the object when it’s placed in your home. Each character on your account will be able to claim and use this item.
    Striped Savage Pterodon Mount
    [IMG]

Let the strong wings of this prehistoric pteradon carry you into battle. Fly across the seas on this tamed, winged beast. Each level 85 character on your account will be eligible to use this flying mount. This mount can be placed as a house object too!
    Prehistoric House Pet
    [IMG]

Say hello to your new little friend, the tyrannodon! This prehistoric house pet might need a bit of time to adjust to life in the cities. We tried to train it, but… well, it’s yours now! Each character on your account will be able to claim this house pet.
    Three Gems of Armor Advancement
    Each magically forged gem upgrades one Level 100 armor item up one tier which improves the item attributes. This item can be applied to any level 100 Advanced Solo, Heroic, or Tier 1 Raid armor. (Two gems can’t be used on the same item.)
    Eighty Days of Spell Research
    Get two 40-day spell research potions. For example, one potion can be applied to a Level 100 Master spell to increase it towards Grandmaster. Each potion is applied only once. Unused research time does not carry over, so use it wisely!
    These items are waiting for you when you purchase Altar of Malice! The expansion launches on November 25, 2014. All-Access members get 10% OFF expansion purchases, and they can purchase and play this expansion two weeks early, starting on Tuesday, November 11, 2014! Are you ready to fly your new pterodon across the seas or head straight into combat with your new battle-mystic mercenary?
    Previous Article

Is it just me, or does the offerings of EQ2 seem better ?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What time on will these become available 00:01 on 28th October and 11th November?
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

The servers will need to be taken down on October 28 for The Darkened Sea patch. Servers will be ready either late morning or early afternoon. We'll have information on our expected downtime posted on Monday.

Additional information on any downtime associated with the November 11th launch will be available as we get closer to that date.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Hayzeus Augur

Yes, the EQ2 offering does look better. I haven't actually logged into EQ2 in almost ten years, but I've recently discovered that their housing looks waaaaay superior to the stuff we get.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. NickDanger Elder

I agree the EQ1 CE is really, really a bad buy. The EQ2 offering may be "better", but that is still a lot of fluff for $50. The only thing remotely worthwhile to me is the merc - and since I have the CE mercs from CoE, the merc doesn't do anything for me either. Other than the merc, the rest is pure fluff. Upgrades to 3 pieces of gear and 2 spells on the entire account is laughable.

I expect the only people who will buy the EQ2 CE are those who don't have the CoE CE mercs who are are looking for an elite healing merc. Looks like they screwed the pooch on both games.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Cloudia Augur

Depends, have never played EQ2 so no idea how hard transport is. One of the items is a portal painting allowing access to the new zones from players house AND it is available to all characters on account not just one toon gets a clicky with long recast.
    Not enough to justify $50 premium, myself I think such an item should be part of basic package. You want me to access a new set of zones, then a means of getting to a hub zone for non porting toons should be provided in game or by account.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Issk Journeyman

Come on, SOE, you're asking for more but providing less. Give us more stuff in the CE package! The heroic toon is worthless to most of us...
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Kontra Augur

Adding the heroic character into the Collector's Edition bundle was a bad decision in terms of marketing strategy, and you will lose revenue as a result, here's why: You've effectivley just tied up almost 40% of the retail cost of CE in one item, (based on Marketplace cost) which is an awfully big pivot point for anyone that may have been hesitant or reluctant to go with CE. Ironically, this is the same item you gave away to everyone for FREE last year. I guess It just seems distasteful to me to randomly stuff the heroic toon into CE
    Jordis, Ruinedmyownlands and Lisandra like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am a huge item collector. I will not purchase the Collector's Edition until they offer a real discount (not All Access) or a bonus item - which seems very likely if people "follow through" by mid-November (or Monthly/Quarterly Report). Not that my opinion matters but coordinated activity might lead to positive results.

MAJOR CONCERN: Knowing SOE, I doubt anyone who orders CE before a possible real discount (say Thanksgiving/Black Friday) will receive a refund on the difference. Usual Reasoning/Rationalization: You enjoyed the benefits earlier than everyone else (emphasis Heroic Character leveled to 86).
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Aghinem Augur

Since returning to the game in 2010; I have always bought the collector's edition because I saw the value of what they were throwing in there. Bags and all sorts of goodies. CoTF was the first time I was really disappointed in the money I spent because I felt the whole xpac was lacking.

When I see what extra offerings there are in the TDS collector's edition for $90; it simply is not worth it. A mercenary contract, a boat house, and a heroic character that a lot of people are not fans of (but that is a different subject matter). Like most people have stated, their math it adds up to $75 - where is the extra cost of $15 coming from?

I will likely get the standard edition for both me and my fiance.
    Kontra and Lisandra like this.
  18. lefous Elder

when we can get TDS on 28 only???
  19. Nymster New Member

We should see Heroic Characters at the same level below the Upcoming Expansion TDS as they were for the Previous Expansion CoTF....

Being 15 levels below the top level of CoTF of level 100 gave us a Heroic Charter at level 85

Being 15 levels below the top level of TDS of level 105 would give us a Heroic Character at level 90

That includes Gear, Spells, Bags, Currency, Mount.... as listed below for the Heroic Character

• 15,000 Platinum
    • Jungle Raptor Mount
    • Two 24-Slot Bags
    • Spells
    • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
    • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
    • Food, Drink, and Ammo
    • 100 Bayle Marks

Has SOE committed to bringing an updated Heroic Character of within 15 levels of the upcoming expansion?

I think not.

I would hope so.

But I doubt it seriously, seeing what a pathetic offering they have made for the Collectors Edition at present.
  20. Aliano Journeyman

was on vacation for a week, and thought for sure that some of the "decision making" marketing geniuses at Sony would have re-evaluated this disaster. Maybe they have, but clearly, same craptastic offer still stands. Nice work. You guys should be proud of yourselves... about what though, I have no idea.

[IMG]
    Kontra likes this.