Distillate Potions gone till PoR?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuggziee, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuggziee New Member

Patch notes: "All Distillate recipes are restricted to PoR or later"

This was not in the test patch notes but is in live notes today. Hopefully it's just a typo.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Oh boy. Gonna be a nom nom nom popcorn fest.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Gonna be a lot of forumquesting if Distillates all got deleted.
  4. taliefer Augur

we cant have tradeskills being useful in early EQ, thats not classic
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You think they removed the pots, or just the recipes? All those healing pots on agnarr just tripled in price
  6. Arrk Augur

Holy Crap.... freakin stealth nerf for EVERYONE
  7. Uumdano Augur

If this is the case, what is the leveling path to 300?
  8. Nuggziee New Member

Best case it's just the recipes but still a big blow...
  9. Arrk Augur

Best case scenario.... they screwed up and the 'fix' doesnt work...
    Worst case.... they steal tens of thousands of PP from people
  10. Montag Augur

Dang I just dropped thousands of plat on hundreds of these for multiple characters.
  11. Golgothird Journeyman

These items are much older than PoR aren't they? I distinctly remember purchasing them from Mirao Frostpouch during DoN.

Glad I got my alchemy up to at least 280 before they went ahead and removed the ability to level it. Can't say I appreciate the fact that the tens of thousands of plat I spent buying ingredients was flushed down the drain though.

I really can't understand why someone would actually think this was a good idea to implement. Generally, making people furious and arbitrarily deleting their stuff with zero warning and no justification when they've done nothing wrong is not a recipe for happy customers. It damages the in-game economy and permanently erodes customer trust.

None of those is good for business. So why do things like this?
  12. Nuggziee New Member

True... wait and see I guess
  13. PantyBunch New Member

According to EQ trader regarding Distillates:
    For lack of a better name, these are known as the PoK alchemy potions. They were introduced separately from any expansion, after Dragons of Norrath was out but before Depths of Darkhollow. They were renamed but otherwise untouched with the Prophecy of Ro alchemy revamp. They are known as "the PoK potions" because they are sold by vendors in the Plane of Knowledge
  14. Uumdano Augur

I can not find a viable recipe on eqt that would allow one to level past 244. If anyone knows of a way, please share here, thanks! I would really like to do my own combines for the augment upgrades however it is now looking like I will need to use guild alchemists who already leveled.

This change really should be tiered based on the level of the distillate but I am sure that is just too much work. Which in a sense it already is w/ level restrictions. I really do not understand if its is a distillate IX restricted to level 60, why you have to be 10 (or w/e the actual number is) expansions later and with no need to actually use to be able to make.

Geezus Im getting so tired of this non sense.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Exceptional Zombie Essence combines, though I can't confirm what era they become available (I would assume PoP). It would be much more painful than the old skillup methods however, with a lot of farming in Plane of Hate.
  16. Catashe Augur

Actually the big "alchemy" update was in PoR.. Its when they introduced all the new distillates and converted all the old pots to the new system.. Its why like 1 certain pot in classic when you make it.. automatically converts to a Alacrity pot
  17. nagash101 Augur

Looks like they removed the ability to make new ones until PoR. So i guess this means that Agnarr will never see a new one again!!!
  18. Golgothird Journeyman

As has already been posted in this thread, the items are indeed far older than PoR. Removing the recipes is a very bad idea from a gameplay perspective, but theoretically justifiable under the guise of creating a more accurate TLP experience (even though there are plenty of pieces of anachronistic functionality on TLPs that didn't exist in era so that justification holds no weight for me).

Removing the potions themselves though (if they do that, which based on previous experiences, they probably did), is an objectively terrible thing to do. These potions existed before PoR. Deleting items of value that players have created with ingredients they either took the time to farm or paid plat for is 100% unacceptable, period, no matter what, in any circumstances.
  19. taliefer Augur

from June 29, 2005 patch notes. which is during DoN

*** NPCs ***

- There is a new potion vendor in the Plane of Knowledge. He sells some nice new potions
    as well as some of the ingredients that alchemists will need to make those potions.
    snailish likes this.
  20. Catashe Augur

Well you'll just have to get over it.. This ain't the first time they "adjusted" items timelines and certainly WON'T be the last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.