Dissident Upgrade Lost to Reward Limit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashian, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

You don't have to claim the reward to get the ach.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Geez, some of you are giant d-bags. The OP had a serious issue that fortunately was resolved, but to sit around and be like "well, you should have known there was a chance you could LD and lose the achievement, and therefore not had 10 achievements in your reward window" sounds A LOT like similarly bs real-life scenarios. "well, little girl, you shouldn't have walked down that dark alley at night because you were basically asking to be assaulted." .... no, d-bags... it's not the victim's fault.

I'm glad saying "reminder" to the NPC worked to upgrade the ability. Fun fact, if you're beta testing and did a /spells command to get the lvl 111-115 spells, you'll need to do the same thing to get your full dissident ability back.
  3. Zamiam Augur

two totally different scenarios there .. he was not a victim he knew the reward limit and what would happen if he went over that limit .. which he did .. he was not at 10 rewards he was at 11 which is over the limit by 1 .. he should of known (which he did ) cause when you log in your rewards window pops up
    he could of claimed 1 or 2 rewards for a buffer so he wasnt right at the limit but he didnt..

I'm glad he got it resolved , but it was his own fault .. he was not a victim ..
    Duder likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

It's a game mechanic that should be fixed.
  5. Natal Augur

They don't need to fix anything. There are going to be some unusual rare circumstances (that is what CS is for), but outside of that everyone knows the limit and the game informs you when you go over the limit.
  6. Duder Augur

Nothing to fix, its not broken.

Natal and everyone else is correct. You know the risk you are running by banking 10 achieves.
  7. Laronk Augur

If it can eat your item rewards, AND that item reward doesn't show up on the reclaim tab then it's broken and needs to be fixed I think a good enough fix would be for the item to go to the reclaim tab. I don't think it'll ever happen to me because I claim my stuff right away, I don't try to save anything for the next expansion since you already max out so fast. But I can see it happening to others and "too bad so sad" is a poor game mechanic. I don't think any of this is victim blaming or anything its just a poor game mechanic.

Personally I don't think you should be able to save any experience in the quest window, it should just instantly be granted then they could increase the quest window limit. The only reason there's a limit of 10 is so people can't store 100 quests and instantly be level 115.
  8. Zamiam Augur

Easy Fix .. Dont get to that point .. dont keep hoarding 10 rewards .. keep 6 or 8 but dont hit that 10 mark
  9. Fian Augur

While I agree the OP shot themselves in the foot, which isn't DBC's fault, it does highlight a problem with DBC CS. They seen unable to award lost achievements or items. When I contacted them recently, they said they would forward my concern to dev, and then closed the ticket. They didn't give me the missed achievement.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

and why did you miss the achievement ? were you over max on rewards ?

and yes they do need to implement a system to be able to fix /ach's that were missed even if its that persons fault for banking over the limit rewards ..

1. either just give them the /ach by default sense they did complete the /ach requirements
    2. make them do the /ach again so they can get the /ach reward again .. (this is what I would suggest) this option makes it so their is a penalty for being a hoarder :p ..
    Duder likes this.