Dissident Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, May 29, 2019.

1. Grove Augur

Merchant in first zone of The Burning Lands named Virtuous Dusk [Progressive Spells] sells spells for all classes at level 106. When scribed, these spells do not stay where placed but split up into two or three others and go to the front of the book in open slots. There they record as level 200 or 250. These spells will not pick up on curser for placement in active status on the spell gem bar.

I would have hoped that at least an elementary level of these spells could be employed. But it appears not, unless they get used passively. What engagement does allow implementation of these spells?
  2. Axxius Augur

You get the spell 'Dissident XXXX' for your class. Use that spell, not the lv 200 version that has a number in its name - that one is just a technical thing, move it to the back of your spell book. The main spell (without the number in the name) will automatically use the highest progression rank you achieve.

When you get a Smoke Filled Lamp as a reward for doing certain progression missions - click it to update your progression rank. And keep using the main version of the spell.
  3. Funk Augur

The level 250 is just the trigger which upgrades as you progress in the expansion. You hotkey the lower level version.
  4. Cadira Augur

There should be one lvl 200+ version of the spell (needed for coding purposes involved with allowing the spell to "progress" I believe) and a lvl 106 version. Close by.

There was a bug where these spells weren't working or maybe not showing up in spell book (your issue it sounds like) and to my knowledge, the only fix ever implemented was following the text after hailing the same vendor that sells the spells. I think you /say [reminder] or something to fix any issues. Just hail them and follow all text options after buying the spell. I'm willing to bet this will resolve any issues you are having.

I had to do this on my zerker last week, so they never resolved the underlying issue it would seem.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I had this problem with a new zerker a month ago. Didn't try hailing them but unlocking the next rank of dissident fixed it.
    Cadira likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

I figured that might fix it, but have not desired to start progression on him yet. Id click the ability, and literally nothing would happen but it'd be put on cool down. Apparently it caused some hate but just did no damage. Hailed the dude after remembering that and rk1 worked like you'd figured it would.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

ok so wait.. this is GOOD info !

If the dissident's not working when you click it.. You have to hail the NPC ? Which NPC ?
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You hail the Vendor in Stratos that sells the Rk. I versions. I don't remember his name off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure he's on find.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Hotfix Notes: December 11, 2018

- Fixed a problem that caused progressive spell scrolls to fail to scribe their first ranks. If your new Dissident ability is failing to cast when you activate it, go to Stratos and ask Virtuous Dusk for a reminder.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Ezbro Elder

Confirmed today. My monk hailed Virtous Dusk in Stratos, the NPC that sells the dissident spells, and said "reminder" like in the blue text given on screen, and voila!! Now has the dissident triger ability of level 250.
    Fanra likes this.