Displayed HP regen incorrect for necromancers

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GrandOpener, Oct 21, 2021.

1. GrandOpener Elder

On my level 75 necromancer when I am standing around with no buffs I see a "combat hp regen" of 55. If I cast Otherside Rk. II (but I assume this happens to some degree with most lich-type buffs), the combat hp regen on my inventory/stats page changes to a red 2.

First of all, looking at the spell data from Lucy it looks like it should be draining 71 hp/tick, so seeing 2 is pretty weird. I would expect -16.

When I actually stop and stare at my hps, something interesting happens. Every tick, I see my current hp tick down by 18 and then immediately back up 2. So the actual net change in health seems to be correct (-16), but the display is incorrect. There seem to be two drain components here and the "combat hp regen" is only reflecting one of them (the +2, balanced against regen gear) and not the other (-18).

The Lucy data also says the health drain "calculates to current max level." I would theorize that this means the drain is coded to have a base component and a variable component and one of those is not being correctly added in when calculating the displayed "combat hp regen" on the inventory/stats page.

This is on Mangler where the level cap is currently 80, in case that's relevant to the situation.
  2. Nniki Augur

I did some testing, and this is what I was seeing with a level 65 necro for all the lich spells he had:

Combat Regen Reduction = DoT * 0.75
    Innate Regen Reduction = DoT - Combat Regen Reduction

Displayed Combat Regen = Combat Regen + Combat Regen Reduction
    Update 1 = Innate Regen + Innate Regen Reduction
    Update 2 = Displayed Combat Regen

When the two updates were going fast, the order was reversed for me.

This mostly matches up with you. The only weird part is your innate regen would be zero, which doesn't make sense. Ah, I figured out the problem: food and drink! Not being hungry and thirsty seems to add the innate regen into the combat regen o_O. This matches up with you too now.

Combat Regen Reduction = -71 * 0.75 = -53
    Innate Regen Reduction = -71 + 53 = -18

Displayed Combat Regen = 55 - 53 = +2
    Update 1 = 0 (?) - 18 = -18
    Update 2 = +2

So, when not hungry and thirsty:

Combat Regen Reduction = DoT * 0.75
    Innate Regen Reduction = DoT - Combat Regen Reduction

Displayed Combat Regen = Combat Regen + Innate Regen + Combat Regen Reduction
    Update 1 = Innate Regen Reduction
    Update 2 = Displayed Combat Regen

It'd probably make sense for them to just consolidate this funky logic and display everything together.

Nah, that's actually Allakhazam's weird way of saying the opposite. It has a fixed value and doesn't scale with level.
    GrandOpener likes this.
  3. GrandOpener Elder

Yes please. I've read your post a couple times and I'm still not sure I could reliably add up things from scratch. :p