Display issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Exmortis_MT, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Exmortis_MT Augur

So I am having some really weird display issues, almost like a gamma flicker.

Once I load an EQ client, the display goes darker, like you have moved the gamma slider. It will over time flick back to bright and dark, this happens on all 5 client installs I run. If I go into the display>advanced options on any client and move the gamma slider up then back (it is set at 26%) it fixes it for some time. Now I have mirrored my settings on all clients, I have always done this to insure they all look the same.

My system is a 3900x/32GB RAM/VEGA64 running Win 10 latest build. I updated the drivers to the latest and it did not change the flickering. Now for the really odd part.

I used my laptop to play EQ for the first time since last patch. Well it happens exactly the same on my laptop, which is weird.

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 5800H/16GB RAM/3070 mobile with two revisions back on drivers. I did not update them as it is exact same behavior. Latest Win10 build.

So it isn't my desktop hardware, the clients on my laptop have mirrored settings. I at first was worried it was my display, but since my laptop shows same behavior and no matter how long I use either system, this behavior only starts with EQ client.

Now since last patch on several machine some settings changed, bloom lighting was turned on, have had this off since it has been an option as I also have advanced lighting off, both of these settings lead to massive over bright zones. However they were turned on on some clients, turning them off so far has not resolved the behavior.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and provide me a tip on what may be causing it? It never happens until I load EQ, once I close EQ sometimes it continues sometimes it does not. a reboot resolves it until I load EQ again.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Metanis likes this.
  3. toodlem Elder

I am having the same issue... after camping out I have to click on desktop properties for it to adjust to the "not dark" screen. Nvidia Gforce 1050.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Exmortis_MT Augur

CatsPaws likes this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

6. Windance Augur

I would suggest that you look into using your video cards built in color setup.

First: load EQ -> Alt O -> display tab -> advanced options -> uncheck "Enable Windowed Gamma"

Then:

Right click your desktop -> NVidia Control panel ( wait ... )

There is a tree view on the left side with:

[-] 3D settings
    [-] Display
    -- Change Resolution
    -- Adjust desktop color settings **
    -- Rotate Display
    -- ... etc
    [-] Stereoscoptic 3D
    [-] Video

Then choose how color is set:
    - Use NVIDIA settings

Adjust the brightness, contrast, and gamma until you get it to what you want.

After that EQ will not mess with the gamma and your color settings stay the same.
    CrazyLarth likes this.