Disenchanted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soltara, May 13, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

I agree about the play nice thing but this will be the opportunity for rmter to make bank. They will ks your mob with mage armies and raid targets all day long. You can see them gearing up in beta, groups of 4 plus mages ready to lock down every mob in classic. We will have 6 months of a mage named locked down shitshow with . All because DBG will not instance content which they apparently can do right now.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

If we're being totally honest, I have much more respect for people that can jab back and forth and do it cleverly. You are a respectable adversary good sir. Now let's run away together honey pumpkin.
    jagarr likes this.
  3. Lilrod Journeyman

There will be 3 top guilds & their leadership will careless what their members do in grp content. Most players from previous tlp servers top guilds are counting dwn the days to launch & the majority of them are serious Dbags all of which use & wont hesitate to KS or train in order to get what they want or just for the "LOL". These have burnt all their bridges on fippy/vulak so the new tlp is all they have which is great because fippy is so peace full now with all these scumbags gone. Any guilds not in the top 3 will just be stepping stones for players till they can app to the top 3.
  4. Weverley Augur

They should put pvp on ragefire while we are at it at least u build a army of rogue press sneak and hide go behind each mage and 1 shot the whole mage army.Would be interesting to have the guy behind the mage army wondering wth happen.
  5. liveitup1216 Augur

A few of us were trying to drum up interest in PvP being outright enabled, or at least around raid targets. Would settle many disputes of he said she said without GM involvement. Our 4 guilds want this Nagafen spawn? Okay, last guild standing gets it. Boom done.

I'd have to say the one thing would be if guilds lost a PvP fight and just rushed back to fight again. It would need to be a 1-fight thing, as in if your guild is defeated you don't get to buff up and come fight again 4 minutes later. You lost, you leave.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Heh, maybe a PVP server switch is the "Hans Gruber" solution.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Oberon Augur

I thought this was trade skill related but then i remembered this was EQ
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

I was thinking it was a thread to make fun of that Live Action Disney film.
  9. Tachyon Augur

I'm looking forward to it, warts and all!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Hmmmm....if Nagafen is up already and they race to the mob and get there approximately same time, PvP is going to have to happen either during the engagement or before anyone reaches him.

However, if it happens while socking, why not put a buff on anyone who dies in PvP in the zone that prevents their account from zoning back in for either 6 hours, or until Nagafen is killed? No corpse to recover means there is no need for that. I'm sure they can't code such a thing, but it's an idea nonetheless.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Harsher rezz effects for the server are an interesting concept - no idea if it's possible or not though.

Could even replace CRs and such as a sense of risk. 1 hr of 90% penalty or something would be as bad or worse as old school CRs but not be a permanent setback at the same time.

Probably not doable though - but definitely a clever idea if they could.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Hm...I'm sure they could make rezz effects harsher, I just don't know what other kinds of effects they could have. I would rather limit them to preventing them from going back after the mob in question, but, if someone was going to have to put up with a 1 hour rez effect as a risk of challenging for a raid mob, they might be more willing to work something out.

After all - a guild doesn't have to win the fight - they just have to knock out enough of the enemy players, and then neither guild would have the manpower to do anything for an hour! Possibly allowing a third guild to sail in for a free victory, which neither of the first two would want.

The bigger question is how would you limit the PvP to those contending for mob and not affecting people off in the exp camps?
  13. liveitup1216 Augur

Haha yes. A GM shows up and goes "Can't play nice? WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME." *PvP has been enabled.*
    Fallfyres and jagarr like this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Master Blaster will clearly prefer that solution.
  15. Krizem Augur

I think there is a bit of overeaction to the "new rules." It mostly affects the end game and some lucrative spawn areas -- but you know what? That was going to be contested anyway and probably wouldn't have been that different than Fippy was anyway. Other than that, there are probably a bunch of folks who didn't play on Fippy that imagined they'd "keep up" and be raiding, but very few of those folks would put that kind of time in anyway and would have been disappointed either way. If anything, this will probably help the casual player who wasn't going to get do the end game in classic anyway. With a dps war, there should be even more concentration in the contested areas-- probably at least until Luclin is out. Will there be a few jerks? There always are. Is the guy shelling out dough for 18 mages going to be training Befallen on a regular basis just to P*** people off? Doubt it. They'll be in Lguk, SolB etc duking it out with the guy with 18 monks leaving open most of the rest of the world.
  16. vardune Augur

At end game classic whO cares about anything but the contested mobs with gear and raid targets. Fippy also didnt have a fu policy about dps racing aka kill stealing someone camp and not have any repercussions for it.
  17. Krizem Augur

A lot people care about everything but the end game and already figured they'd raid 2-3 expansions behind if at all because of the anticipated drama. I noticed one other thread talking about self-imposed level caps even in classic which was interesting. It just shows again that there are many ways players have fun in this game, raiding is just one. Not everyone is going to race. I for one will probably spend 50 x more time tradeskilling than raiding.
  18. Darth Augur

You got caught. Just go away.
  19. Leifer Augur

Enabling PvP would force people and guilds to cooperate more because nothing requiring planning and coordination would get done while all the ganking and PvP'ing going on. If DB wants us to police ourselves, enabling full blown PvP is a far better solution than allowing DPS races or KSing or Training or anything else which would trigger PvP type retaliation. To me, that sounds like a much fairer solution than ISboxed mage armies tuned to focus dps down one target at a time ruling the world.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

Please talk with my recruitment officer Vaclav. I feel obligated to warn you I probably won't adore you the same way I do him. It's nothing personal, we just have something magical between us.