[Discussion] Daybreak, I will buy your Broker's Backpack Set if you enable click-from-bags

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Jan 18, 2018.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content#progression

I very happily bought the first three 40 slot bags that were available. I feel like ~$30 for +32 bag slots (assuming an 8-slot bag already in that slot) and 3 25% XP pots is a good deal. I've seen players criticize the price but we're talking about forever items here and the XP is a nice touch.

I snapped up the first one, the second one, and then the third one. When I had a chance to get a fourth (Duffle of Dizok), however, I paused. Half of that was the price ($80, as it was part of the expansion bundle), but the other half was that I'm running out of top-level inventory slots. Buying the first three were great options when they were replacing 8 slot backpacks (0% WR) or even 10 slot backpacks (10% WR). At this point, however, I've reached the point of diminishing returns and that is strictly due to not being able to click clickies from bags.

At this point though I'd either need to bag one of three clickies that I'm unwilling to bag (FD ring, slow stick, heal stick) or sacrifice one of the two 10 slot 100% WR bags I've got. I'll be getting rid of one of the 10 slots bags when I do the DoN clicky (heal ring) and the other when I replace my OoW BP. Thankfully with DoN I was able to put potions in my potion belt which cleaned some of this up. To recap, I have 8 top level slots (will get 2 more later but Phinny isn't that far yet): 3 are already 40 slot bags, 3 are must-have clickies, and 2 are 10 slot bags which will soon be replaced with 2 more must-have clickies.

I've already got 4 other clickies (not including potions, masks, or mounts) that sit in bags because they are just for fun or aren't items I need regularly or in the middle of combat. I expect this number to increase, not decrease, as I continue to play EQ.

I want to open serious discussion on adding click-from-bags as a basic function of EQ instead of tying it to an expansion. I don't want this to be seen as a rant or a complaint, but just presenting the facts. I would love to give you $30, but I don't have anywhere to put another 40 slot bag. I want to explain why, in a logical, rational way, and I ask that the devs take these facts into consideration and weigh them against the current mechanic. I do not believe I'm the only player in this kind of situation.

Thank you.
  2. Numiko Augur

If they had included a click from bag effect i'm sure it would be a best seller on the TLP servers. but without its not really worth it.

If you figure 100 Daybreak Coins = $1.00 you can get a 32 Slot bag + 3 Exp 2 potions for $27.90 ... or less if you are using the 500 coins you get each month.

Paying an extra $7.09 plus any applicable taxes for 8 more slots is just a non starter for me.
  3. Semah Augur

I would also buy a 40-slot if click-from-bags were enabled.
  4. taliefer Augur

same boat, id buy the bag, but i have to keep top level inventory slots open for clicking. seems like this should really be a basic quality of life change
  5. Heartland Augur

Having the big bags is a quality of life change for you - the last round of TLPs didn't have this luxury to carry all these items at this stage of the game while leaving enough top inventory slots for you to deal with dispells and other mechanics
  6. Magic Augur

Without clicking from bags you need 2-4 slots free for items you use and swap them each fight. Me in same situation, already have 3 40slots + 1 quiver, 4 slots are free for items. If me no more need this 4 slots sure me will buy other bag or two.
  7. Zert Journeyman

so let me get this right you guys are whining that you won't buy it because you can't click from bag?

imo larger bag would mean you would have more top slots open correct?

since you wouldn't need 8 bags....
  8. Magic Augur

If its your first 40 slot bag maybe you right, but ppl have few of them already.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This seems more like a negotiation.
  10. Dailor Augur

This is a threat, AND a promise.
  11. Zapsos Augur

While I agree with you that we need click from bags badly, you can save yourself a couple of slots by making a

/bandolier
    /useitem
    /pause
    /bandolier

-macro for the two main hand equipable clickies.
  12. taliefer Augur

its not really whining. i have no problem throwing money at the game for useful stuff from the station cash store. id buy the new bags, but the game limitation prevents it from being useful. if daybreak implented click from bags, the new bag would be useful, and id buy it. its not a threat or a whine, just an explanation of the situation. i love the current 40 slot bags i have and extremely grateful daybreak made them available on progression servers.

on a similar note, i also think in game housing should be available much sooner than HoT. again, i think its potential revenue stream from the cash store that doesnt give players out of era power. but thats just a straight wishful thinking for something fun to be added earlier than was originally available.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I have been saying this for a while now too. There's no reason housing can't be released with GoD or PoP. GoD is when lobby is unlocked either no NPCs in it due to throne vet aa. I feel like this is a huge amount of in game store revenue being lost from the insane amount of housing items.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Why would any serious EQ player care about housing?
    Mashef likes this.
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You would be amazed the crazy things people have created on live. I find it fascinating how creative people can be with the limited eq housing tools that exist.

For me personally it gives me something to do on down time.
  16. Zapsos Augur

More storage, and another teleport hub... that's about it.
  17. taliefer Augur

because its fun, the whole point behind video games in general
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Remember when we all lived with only 10 slot bags and no bag clicking? The OP has 50% more space available in his 3x40 bags compared to the max 8x10 from the era and on top of that access to 4 more Inventory slots to click many items that used to be must equip. How ever did people get by back in those days??

That being said, his logic is sound and I don't really care if they implement bag clicking on TLPs or not. It would give me two more bag slots and make shrinking and levitating a bit more convenient.

Just so long as bag click isn't some marketplace unlock. Release it to all and let those like the OP spend their money on additional bags.
  19. Semah Augur

EQ2 housing was some of the most fun I've had in MMOs. Really, really brilliant. I have no idea what EQ's is like, but looking forward to it.

But that's beside the point. Clicking!
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Signed.

Charge 500 dbc if you want to balance the books a little. Or just patch it in with looselin.
  21. tuttles Augur

or they could just offer more base inventory slots 40$ a piece!!! 75$ for a bag+base slot combo!