Discord Tower Event #6: Overlord Muram

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, May 7, 2018.

1. TenkenTurtle Elder

The Synarcana
    We are supposed to follow the emotes of Fire and Ice in succession. Using a ranger so twincast doesn't possibly mess up. Using Fire and Ice Spells that specifically have the fire and ice resists on them and following the directions we can't seem to even register any spells that are casts. Even if we were doing it wrong we would get an emote accordingly. But it just cycles through the time and says we weren't fast enough. Even though I have ensured the proper type spells are cast well within the time limit. Is this event broken?
  2. Lianeb Augur

Just a guess but it probably has a specific list of spells that work. Have you tried in era spells?
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

It won't work with spells too far below the level range (tried the lone shaman fire nuke before loading up a ranger a few weeks ago to do that event), in case that was what you were trying.

Do you have any sympathetic procs on that might be causing a problem?
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I remember asking the Wiz one time what spells they use but that was so long ago I don't remember the reply but I think the below was what they replied.

here is a post message you might try

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4781

Wizards, there are Level Limits on what spells work on Taromani and Sibunco.
    Level restrictions - L51 nukes do not count. L69 do. so the limit is in between there somewhere.
    Mindfreeze will ruin the pattern altogether due to the Aggro reduction component being a seperate effect.

Chaos Flame and Spark of Ice are fast casting and have no refresh times. Add those to your instas and you should be set for spells.

Most of you will know this, but anyway: Watch the window filtered to Other. This is where your pattern will appear. Don't send 'Other' to a window that is likely to get spammed out.

Good luck
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are two raids I know of where twincast can cause you to fail. I deliberately didn't buy the twincast AAs for that reason. But then they were added to autogrant, so I got them.

I asked Elidroth to fix those raids and he said he would but never did.
  6. Axxius Augur

Here's some really old logs :)
    Code:
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:10 2009] Taromani shouts, 'I believe we can shatter the Synarcana's protective bubble, but we will need assistance.  Follow this sequence!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:10 2009] Taromani shouts, 'Shower me with fire!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:10 2009] Taromani shouts, 'Shower me with fire!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:10 2009] Sibuncu shouts, 'Blast me with ice!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:10 2009] Sibuncu shouts, 'Blast me with ice!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:12 2009] You begin casting Flashblaze Rk. III.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:12 2009] Taromani absorbs the magical flames, her burning body glowing ever brighter.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:12 2009] Taromani shouts, 'Good, thrice more!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:14 2009] You begin casting Chaos Combustion Rk. III.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:15 2009] Taromani absorbs the magical flames, her burning body glowing ever brighter.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:15 2009] Taromani shouts, 'Good, twice more!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:18 2009] You begin casting Claw of Gorenaire Rk. II.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:19 2009] Sibuncu absorbs the magical ice, his frozen body crusting over with frost.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:19 2009] Taromani shouts, 'Good, once more!'
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:25 2009] You begin casting Claw of Gorenaire Rk. II.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:26 2009] Sibuncu absorbs the magical ice, his frozen body crusting over with frost.
    [Tue Apr 07 21:23:26 2009] The Synarcana shouts, 'What . . . What is this?'
    Make sure you disable all procs. Anything proccing can screw it up. And pray that Twincast AA doesn't fire.
  7. Rickate Augur

Mathematically you're unlikely to fail because of Twincast AA since you can fail one set of emotes and still win the event. The 4th spell Twincasting never matters and the 1st-3rd spells only matter half the time since half the time it just completes two steps.

So if you have 5% chance to Twincast and make no mistakes you will complete a set of emotes around 92.7% of the time which means that only around 4.6% will you fail two sets of emotes due to innate Twincast or if you farmed the event every week for a year you would most likely fail two or three times.
  8. Kolani Augur

We've done it in the last month or so with two rangers being the only nukers. I don't think we loaded any lower end spells.
  9. Prathun Developer

There's a minimum mana cost restriction. Which spells were you trying to cast?
  10. Fleeting Augur

Odd question but are you nuking the 2 NPC's in the order it says shower me in fire , ice . Your nuking the blue and red guys not the orb in that phase.