Discord and EQ/Phinny Server Disconnect

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Darshan, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Darshan New Member

Last night I downloaded Discord for voice chat with my guild and ever since I have been getting disconnected every 5 minutes. I've done everything I can think of and nothing is fixing this issue. Anyone have an idea why discord chat system would cause this? Or how to fix it?
  2. Delphwind Augur

I use discord every night while in EQ and have never had and disconnection issues.

I would maybe check on the discord help forums and see if there is an answer there.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Darshan, is it an immediate disconnect and you can then go right back into the game? Or is it the usual slow LD and then you have a character in the world when you try to log back in?
  4. Darshan New Member

It was a slow LD with char stuck in world. I took Overlay off and it worked fine last night so I'm hoping the problem is solved.
  5. Verdent New Member

Bumping this. The overlay is the issue. Discord injects code into the DLL files to keep the overlay confined to the game screen, unlike Ventrillo.

The disconnect comes from DBG servers recognizing that and disconnects you because it must think it's malicious. This is a legitimate bug that DBG should address. Looking for a red comment here that this has been noted into their ticketing system.
  6. Brumans Augur

Definitely a problem.
  7. Kujoe Lorekeeper

any potential fix or work around known?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure daybreak needs to address this. Don't use the overlay maybe?
  9. Finchy Augur

or discord can fix it, since other VOIPs have no issues with it...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.