Disconnects

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolaisa, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Kolaisa Elder

Can someone explain why I get multiple disconnects per day when entering or leaving the new Frontier Mtns? It's almost always due to "cannot validate your account". I close the game down and immediately launch a new session with no problem. My other question is why the game has to validate my account several times a play session? I know you can't play multiple toons on an account, I also know when you change your password, you're immediately kicked and have to log in again (I just did this the other day). These are not the problems.

This only happens when entering or leaving this zone, no matter what method of transport I use. I've gone to other zones in the same xpac and this does NOT happen, just FM. It doesn't matter the account I use. It doesn't matter if I'm playing multiple accounts or just one. It's so bad that all my friends are surprised when I *don't* disconnect going there.

I guess I have two questions.
    1. Why do I disconnect so often with going/coming in FM?
    2. Why does the game need to validate an account at all when I am logged in and playing?

I'm not trolling or anything like that, I'm legit trying to figure this out. Friends I play with do not have this problem.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Did you try deleting that zone file and letting the patcher download a new version?

I used to constantly get disconnected on my accounts anytime I tried to enter Degmar or Argin-hiz. No idea why, but those isses fixed themselves out of the blue over time.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What is the exact message about not able to validate your account? Is it you need a valid subscription or unable to verify your email account or some other variation? Can you screen shot it and post it here?

The reason I ask for the exact error is that you can usually google the errors and come up with back ground other posts and possible fixes and nothing comes up on that one.

Perhaps you are running thru Steam or using any other programs ( one of which that does show up as an error but is not EQ)?

And I agree with corrupt zone files. Simply go into your EQ directory and delete Frontier Mountain zones files and they will rebuild when you log in again .

And have you done your file verification on the sign in screen recently?
  4. Kolaisa Elder

I haven't deleted the zone, will try that. I am not playing thru steam, i hate steam. It does this even after a fresh restart, no other programs running that dont always run.

I did the file verification yesterday, and disconnected 3 times.

It says nothing about membership or email (which I validated over 15 yrs ago). I'll get a screenshot next time it disconnects.

It isn't only FM I disconnect from but that zone is almost 90% sure it will happen. It's not uncommon to disconnect 3-5x a day, everyday.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are you logging in thru the patcher every time, or bypassing it?
  6. Kolaisa Elder

Here is the disconnect notice.

[IMG]
    I am logging in through the launcher everytime.
  7. Hayzeus Augur

I wonder if something like an on-access virus scanner is causing just enough of a delay to cause these disconnect issues? Do you have the EQ folder set up as an exception in your on-access scanner?

Other things worth investigating:

1) latency - do you have kids on tiktok? What's your ping rate look like, and does it spike when you drop?
    2) bandwidth - do you have kids on tiktok? Order a bigger pipe maybe?
    3) in general - have you tried restarting your internet router just in case there's an issue in the stability of the connection itself?
  8. Kolaisa Elder

I have it on an SSD drive and although it does happen in other zones, 90% of the time its only zoning in/out of FM.
  9. Alena Elder

This is something I wanted to make a thread too.

I have it when I start EQ with my box and meanwhile since the last patches this is horrible bad. I have partly to start EQ for a couple of times. This validation bug is one, but there are other bugs too.
    The system is fast enough (SSD/M2, i7-9900K, 64GB), I have only EQ installed on it, Defender is deactivated and everything which can spit into EQ, no other things are installed, I am in with cable, around 15-20ms latence and 100+Mbit - so nothing to complain about.If I need the system for other things I change the SSD to avoid other software making problems with EQ. Even the Windows updates are completely deactivated to avoid any changes in the system and this method worked for a couple of years. In that I can always grant that if something is not working anymore then the changes due to EQ changes must be the cause.

I wonder why not more people complaining about this problem.

The validation requester harrasses me for months but since the last two patches this gets out of hand...

I bet it has to do with the same problem.
  10. Kolaisa Elder

So I go looking at the correct zone files, which folder is the correct one?
    The main one with the exe and maps?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, the base EQ directory. Search for "frontiermtnsb" and delete those files. The patcher will re-download them.
  12. Kolaisa Elder

So I re-ran validation on the launcher, deleted the zone files and I've disconnected and I've disconnected 6x already today. Any other ideas?
  13. Febb Augur

When you get disconnected in FM, go into your log folder. In there is a file named dbg.txt. Paste the last 20 lines or so into a post here that is relevant to why you got disconnected.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

This sounds like petition territory.
  15. Kolaisa Elder

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:44 2021]00986:Resetting UI.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:44 2021]00987:Resetting character select UI.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:44 2021]00988:Resetting game UI.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00989:UI Reset.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00990:Cleanup 11

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00000:parsing INI file .\eqclient.ini
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00001:INI file .\eqclient.ini loaded.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00248:CRender::InitDevice: Using 32bit mode.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00249:CRender::InitDevice: Using vsync 0.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00250:CRender::InitDevice: Using 24bit depth buffer with 8 bit stencil.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00251:CRender::InitDevice: HardwareTnL Enabled.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00252:Using hardware vertex shaders.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00253:Initializing render system.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00254:Trilinear Mipmapping available.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00255:Vertex Shader Version: 3.0

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00256:pixel Shader Version: 3.0

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00257:Initializing engine internals.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00258:CRender::InitDevice completed successfully.

[Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00002:EQ Window Width: 3840 Height: 2094
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00003:parsing INI file .\defaults.ini
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00004:INI file .\defaults.ini loaded.
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00005:parsing INI file ./eqlsUIConfig.ini
    [Fri Sep 03 21:19:45 2021]00006:INI file ./eqlsUIConfig.ini loaded.

This just happened.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try rebuilding your eqclient.ini. I have a post on how to do this safely in Player to Player support.
    Code:
    You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:
    (Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:
    <CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)
    One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.
    If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.