Disconnecting shortly after login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Batbener, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Batbener Augur

FPS is fine. I can search for friends and what not, but after about a minute I get disco'ed. Multiple accounts, multiple toons, multiple zones. I have run the patch and did the file check. My guess is I have to reinstall the game. Happy times. :(
  2. Shadowsong New Member

I had the same problem. Could sit at character select forever but once I logged in, disconnect after about 10 sec. I think it may have something to do with windows 10. My other machine runs 8 and it was fine, so I ran EQ in compatibility with 8 and it works now.
  3. Batbener Augur

I run xp, that's probably the problem. Reinstalled the game and that didn't help. I am not going to wait 2 months for a customer service ticket, so this might be the end of my EQ career.
  4. Batbener Augur

Confirmed by a relatively quick response from tech support, xp is the problem. Now to convince my non gamer wife we need a new PC a month before Christmas, when ours "works perfectly fine", which translates to she can do whatever she needs to do on it.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just an FYI that I still run EQ on with XP on one of my computers with no problems at all. But don't tell your wife this if you are going for a new computer :)

What did tech support say about XP? I am wondering if this is just a stock answer you are getting because they don't support XP anymore.
  6. Batbener Augur

Said they checked the logs and things were working as intended. The game was probably trying to do something that xp is unable to perform. It's odd because I was playing fine till TBM, which really sucks since I am playing TLP atm. What's really odd is that I was able to run one toon from GH to Bazaar, as zoning seems to stop me from crashing, then was working fine in bazaar. That was only one toon, one time. I noticed my latency shows 100% with no changes ever when I crash, and I got the occasional 99% when I didn't crash. Possibly I need to adjust a setting, but a new computer seems easier.
  7. Zigie Journeyman

Are you able to log into TEST and zone and do things on there?
    If so it may be the port blocking issue lots of other folks seem to be running into lately.
    Kiillz likes this.
  8. Jadefox Augur

It would be 'really sad' if your XP laden machine were to say... fall down a flight of stairs or something.
    Just blame the dog.*

--Oopsie Jade

*or cat, kid, gerbil, parakeet, ghost-of-Christmas-future, etc.
  9. Kiillz Augur

and dont i know it