Disappointed with ROF T2 group gear.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Noirfu, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Garanle Elder

The expansion is a work in progress and the first two tiers are much like HoT-> VoA just minus the extreme ramp up of the guys in T2. I am not sure what the devs can do to make people happy, to hard now it isnt hard enough, I want gear upgrades, whoa these upgrade too much now older content is too easy.

I am almost done with everything in shards landing. Aside from the hunter quest reset where you do them and then get a master hunter quest which is basically go repeat everything you did but this time kill 10 more of each, I like the zone. I found the screaming head quest hilarious given the closer I brought the thing the more it pleaded then you get in and find the hook, from that point on the head is talking smack to the guys your killing. The two missions were fun, I like the barrels that explode as a challenge when trying to balance healing a tank and the off tank (My monk). Hopefully that trend continues into EW and the other two T1 zones.

I think people forget that T4 VoA was a serious challenge for the smaller guilds that did not have raid support. I am not about to raise a flag because my guys are not getting great upgrades, any one remember the early expansions where the upgrades were nothing major but still helped? I think the first two zones really appeal to the smaller guilds and the casual players who dont have 3k or more aa's. I enjoy the story lines, and the innovation in the missions.
  2. trickor Journeyman

Weapons are poorly tuned and copy / pasted. I posted a thread on what they should be changed to if tier 2 ROF weapons are going to be the top group gear this expansion they should be equivalent to at least tier 4 HOT raid weapons. Some weapons in tier 2 ROF are virtually the same as VoA tier 4 no change like the 2 hand blunt and 2 hand pierce. Again like no effort was put in to design.
  3. Hatsee Augur

2 handers were especially stagnated.

This was intended.
  4. trickor Journeyman

Every item seems to be copy and pasted also. Only few different sets of heroics and everything is all/all
  5. Langya Augur

Its really difficult to see where this expansion is going. Since there is nothing left but speculation, sometime down the road there is going to be a brick wall put in that everyone gets to run blindly into. Then those who demand difficulty will get difficulty, for a modest service charge. Not before there has been ample time to farm gear to be sure that "difficult" really isn't. Pretty sure the AA and spells will still be free so those who are content happy to stick with the content parts of the expansion they can actually beat can save their money. In some ways, it is a good model. There are many guilds who would prefer to just have never had to pay for any raids in VoA past Tier 3 if it meant that VoA could have been bought at a discount or "as needed" basis.

Otherwise as it stands now, according to the Lavanet tracker, Realm of Insanity will have beat all raid content probably within a week of it going live. WTG, guys. That baby didn't need that candy anyway. It was going to lead to early onset diabetes.

Jokes aside, anyone think there is something wrong with that? Yes, they are a good guild but they are not that good. This one was an early stocking stuffer at best. Not even worthy of being called a real gift that gets put under the Tree.
  6. Xnao Augur

LOL? 10% upgrade is not worth 100pp?

Anyone able to confirm the rising hyperbole in this thread?
  7. Laronk Augur

I'd pay the 10k or what ever it is for a 10% increase, imagine if the OP knew that defensive aa's are not even 10% increases over last years aa's normally 0.o
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

I'm pretty sure they are adding a T3. Maybe T4.

Yes, yes, I know... This is evil Sony who destroys their own games and they would love to leave us with just T2 etc because they hate us. But the signs point to it coming. There is, as stated, a good...what....4 or 5 portals without their rings? All of them have 2 portal tenders, just like the completed ones do. Each of the tenders for the uncompleted portals mention that they are still building theirs. Could it just be flavor? Yes. But I'm guessing it's not.

Side note, kinda related kinda not, one of the tenders for one of the unfinished portals, one of the bertox texture new human girls with the dark black hooded robes, mentions her and her sister are from Luclin, the dark robes probably a play on the whole 'shadow' theme of that expac. I'm silently hoping their portal turns out to be an East Wastes type revamp of Grimling/Acrylia <3.
  9. Xnao Augur

Yea. OP must still be wearing sod augs. I cannot imagine him paying the previous 1k for aug distillers to upgrade an aug by 5 ac or 100 hp. Highway robbery.

If 10% is not worth 100pp, the his 2k gear would not have been worth paying 1k for aug distillers last year. So his gear before that would have had less than 1k h/m/e.

Sorry buddy, they are not going to double stats each expansion.
  10. Buds Augur

Well if they came out and said that they were definitely adding another tier, then no one would be complaining. No official word. It seems like they would add another tier, but who knows. Really should have waited to release this expansion. But at least it's open and not some awful faction grind.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It could equally mean it is part of the next expansion, "the fear continues" or something.
  12. Fyrerock Augur

The high cost comes from making visible armor more so if you go straight to T2 armor and then replacing the purity augs. A lot of casual still play this game to make new levels and get new gear, and if the power increase is not great enough they will just not renew the subscription.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Noirfu Augur

That's Great! How do I get to those zones? Please provide some item links. Or are you talking about some possible or rumoured future release?
  14. Mytoss Elder

a friend just got t2 ROF grp bp , why aint there a slot for emblem? is this a oversight or what? without even a full suit aint much of a upgrade considering t4 voa grp bp
    really give the bps a emblem slot
  15. Xnao Augur

What you people do not realize is power is relative to the mobs. All in your head. If they up gear they up the mob damage by the same %.

But with smaller gains you have less of a penalty for not upgrading, or waiting.
  16. Mykaylla Augur

Just quoting the most recent post, though please, everyone who has asked this question, assume I'm addressing you too!

1. In beta fairly early on, when some people asked about their %-based BP foci, and why it was out of line with the last expansion, Chandrok answered that the final tier of gear has not been seen yet- Tier 1 and Tier 2 were both on the vendors.

2. On beta, JUST before it closed, and after NDA was lifted, another zone appeared. A zone that is not currently live.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

Dynamic emblems hold back the upgrade path. Even with 5 pieces of Embellished I think I'm still down heroics from when I was full Lucid+emblem. New emblems that behave like a generic aug (fixed stats, removable) would be the most ideal.
  18. Fyrerock Augur

It also means you can sit out this expansion and still have the stats to do the next expansion, which would be the same as a raid force all wearing T4 raiding HoT and jump into RoF raiding with no issues. Do you think a raid force can sit out a year and still be ready for the next expansion, well that is what happened to group gear, unless they add another tier.
  19. Xnao Augur

Yes. Easily.
  20. Nedrom Augur

What I like is that I can completely skip VoA and jump right into RoF. Loving the expansion so far from a grouping perspective! I haven't had this much fun since Omens came out.