Difficulty (lack of) of 23rd Anniversary Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DruidCT, Mar 24, 2022.

1. DruidCT Augur

Why is this so pointlessly easy and can be repeated for different rewards. I would have at least expected the trash mobs to not be made of paper (did they forget to turn on whatever template gives them level abilities/stats)... I would have expected rewards to maybe require some achievements for following intended mechanics of quest.... maybe the ability to request 3 different levels of difficulty to get each of the rewards and actually make there be *some* kind of challenge to at least non-raiders like me. This was the most boring thing ever. Sorry DPG, call it as I see it.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Don't worry, it will probably get over-tuned in the next patch.
    Qimble likes this.
  3. Kolani Augur

I mean, undergeared/underleveled toons without coth have to clear everything, so there's at least a time sink.
  4. •Obss• Journeyman

COTH doesn't work in that zone, but you can invis past almost all the mobs.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Ah let the lil guys get something good for a change without having to pay 500k for a task add.;)
    Straahdx, Elyssanda, Fanra and 4 others like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

What rewards? I see none...
  7. Warpeace Augur

8. Schadenfreude Augur

There's an assortment of neck and back slot items on the loot table as well as the familiar.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

trib
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Kindertime Journeyman

This made me smile! The whole two tiered group automation is only suspendable if you aren't making DB money. The thing feeds on itself.

There's always a "group" of people complaining about things being easy and there's always a hot market for krono for, task adds, power leveling, etc.

It's almost like the bots are "service provders" for krono and DB get's $17.99 for every lil guy trying to advance...

Cray perception aye?
    Sissruukk and Metanis like this.
  11. Lyyr Lorekeeper

You don't even need to do that, you can just run past them.
    Qimble likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

It was fun and my boxed rogue got an upgrade. Would I do it again? Probably. A fun diversion and there is another upgrade in there for my rogue.
  13. Qimble Augur

Yeah, no need to invis or fight all those mobs. Only a couple of them are capable of pathing more than a few feet. Just run to named, wait a few seconds for aggro to clear, then fight named.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

I take that back, Ive done this mission a couple times now and not seen anything better than my T3 trade skilled stuff so far. BIG DISSAPOINTMENT. Even the familiar is not as good as the one most people already have from doing the current expacs achievements.

I apologize DBG because I love this game and try not to be a major complainer but this is anniversary stuff, its meant to be special and used for at least a few expansions. You could also up the commemorative coins you get up a notch so you can buy something decent.
  15. Riou EQResource

the Pendant of Repetitiousness is like the Security neck but slightly better, and the Security back has a slightly better equivalent too (forget which one offhand), of course I dunno if you wanna bother upgrading each slot for like 3 ac and 100 hp/mana/end and 1 HA/SD/clairvoyance when you already got the t3 TS ToL pieces

The familiar is the same as the CoV one, if you have any f2p accounts or such it's not bad for them since it's also iirc not prestige
  16. Ashigaru Augur

I was initially quite excited about the mission - hoping that it gave a couple of decent upgrades (think someone said half a tier higher than T3?).

Similar to Flatchy, I'm kinda disappointed. Wouldn't have expected loads of increases, but at least if there was one slot or aug or something that made it worth repeating, would have been great.

As Riou says - the relative upgrades are fairly small
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Flatchy likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

Well, it depends. With my 3 accounts I have about 10 characters, which are not my primaries. 2 slots (neck and back) better than T3 ToL is quite desirable upgrade for those (those toons have mostly T2 gear from ToL). It saves me 20 ores, which are quite annoying to farm these days. So I am quite enjoying the reward and this mission is definitely on my farm rotation for coins. I would like to see another mission like this one with a diffrent slots reward as well.

For my primaries though - not really rewarding mission. Although, still on the farm status for coins.
    Vumad and Schadenfreude like this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, but it is great for running a 100+ toon through to get one (FTP as well) without having to go back and do the terrible CoV missions. Heck, I haven't run Crusaders or Aaryonar since getting challenger I hated them so much.