Different server chat channels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poote, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Poote Lorekeeper

i'm trying to join a chat channel on a different server and having issues. I've searched out info on here, Alla, and the link below has been copy pasted all over, the Knowledge Base yields the same copy pasted info, nothing on "Missing String", and have threads on other forums.

So according to https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50980
    so when i do this syntax i am allowed to join the channel for a second then removed with the error "Missing String". I've tried ; and results are the same, join, remove, missing string.
  2. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

If you want to join a general chat on a different server, type out /j servername.general. There is no password. Sorry I couldn't offer any more help. =/
  3. Riou EQResource

is it a public channel you can say?

The only reason I've seen that it auto dumps you out is either a wrong password or the channel is full (400 people in it already)
  4. Poote Lorekeeper

Its not a general channel, i don't join general chats, they tend to get a lil toxic for my taste, its a guild channel with some friends, but when i'm playing an alt on a different server i'd like to stay in touch. Channel name and password are correct as i've copy pasted it from my mains INI file, and its no where near 400 people, maybe 7 on a good night.

Its frustrating, all the guildies i've spoke to are stumped by it,