difference in xp between toons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gio-Cefalu, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Gio-Cefalu Augur

For some reason, my 110 Ranger is getting about half the exp as my 110 BL. Both are set to 90% onto AAs. There is no fellowship exp. They both run lesson at the same time and both go without it at the same time.

Someone suggested that maybe the ranger has too many AAs, but he's actually far lower than the BL because the ranger is a fresh 110.

At first I thought the Ranger's merc was the cause, but 1) the BL has out a merc as well and 2) with the ranger's merc gone, it made no difference.

I tried disbanding/re-grouping without any luck. I even logged out completely and back in, but that didn't fix it either.

Any ideas?
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

1) check fellowship
    2) is BL pulling?
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

How many aas does each toon have? The bonus for low aas cuts out at 4k so if they are autogranted at all, should be well past the bonus.

Where are you xping? There have been numerous reports in bug threads about wacky xp differences seen in FM (and other EoK zones...possible other expansions as well) from toons that pull vs toons that don't. You might alternate your pulls to see if the difference levels out. As far as I know, this never had a fix...but I never paid much attention to it.
  4. Riou EQResource

That's the EXP Penalty for old content they put in back to RoF and now its automatic or they have been adding more zones to it over time, pullers are "bugged" and bypass the exp reduction atm :p
  5. Gio-Cefalu Augur

No fellowship exp.
    Killing sarnaks in FM.
    Both well over 4K AA since I am using Autogrant.
    Yes, BL is pulling.
    I have never seen exp bugs in FM before or a difference from puller vs non-puller. That is so odd.
  6. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Oh, for the "pulling" bug, is it dependant on who is marked as puller or who physically gets the first aggro on the mob?
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Pretty sure just who ever pulls. I know my sk was getting way more xp than my other toons in FM and it was all over the place in terms of distribution. For example my SK might get 10 AA for a round of pulling while another toon might get 6 and another might only get 2 or 3. I honestly have no idea how it is calculating the xp but it sucks when you are trying to get a toon caught up and one toon is leaching most of the xp. Since I am boxing rarely do I ever mark my toons as tank, puller, MA and such because I already know each toons responsibility.
  8. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I mark them for a couple reasons.

1.When marked as puller, your merc won't follow you into the camp and heal you when splitting mobs. They love to do this, which can mess up pulls.
    2. I have my "main" toon marked as main assist. I have the extended target window set to slot 13 for main assist. I can /xtar 13 to target my main character for heals amd short term buffs or other macros like /follow. This way, when I swap main characters out, I just mark the main character as main assist, and now I don't have to change names on individual macros for my boxed toons.

Regardless, I will test with pulling from the ranger instead.
  9. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Wait, this just fully hit me. I want to make sure I get this straight.

So because EoK is now 2 expansions back, all of the exp across the board has been nerfed a little bit in an effort to get folks to play in current content and/or stop mass pulling swarms of mobs in older zones.

However, there is a bug with this exp nerf where the pulling character is not affected by this bug, so they are still getting the previous values for exp. Is that right?

Also, from my limited testing this morning, it does look like if I switch to pulling with the Ranger, he is getting more exp than the BL now. That's just such a crazy bug if that's the case.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

Yep, I don't know if it is all of EoK or just FM though, it's generally pretty easy to test if both of your toons are above the AA bonus, just have them in group and if puller gets more EXP the EXP penalty is likely in place

I think in most cases you should notice the Puller getting about 50% more AA per kill then the rest of the group (so puller say gets 12% while rest get 8% type of deal), believe this is the biggest reduction they do, since puller is bugged they get full exp you would normally get

Pullers are supposed to get the reduction too, but it's been broken since day 1 and Pullers have never been reduced :)
  11. smash Augur

It is most of the zones in EoK.
  12. Pred Journeyman

It's specifically the person that does the first damage, not just the puller/first on agro. Exp is also affected if someone in the group doesn't get on the agro list. If you are PLing an afk toon, that afk toon gets less xp than a toon that fired 1 arrow or healed one time to get on the agro list.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

This could be used for PLing, couldn’t it? Set it up so the upcoming toon lands a small lifetap or something first?

(PLing an SK these days, currently 42, will hit FM in a few days...)
  14. Sancus Augur

It was a thing in FM during RoS too. Not sure when it started.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  15. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I thought about that, actually. Right now I pull with the BL, who is my "main" and then just use a hotkey on the ranger to start autofire plus some arrow attacks. I also have a wizzie there to throw some DDs and leech exp. I have been thinking about tagging with the Ranger so he gets the most exp and can catch up sooner in AAs, but I could also see this being helpful for a lower level toon trying to exp faster.
    IblisTheMage likes this.