Difference Between AA's "Assigned" and "Total Spent"?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LDEffectsMe, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

What is the difference between AA's "Assigned" and "Total Spent"?

On Mangler, I have a Rogue that hit 60 and now he has 11 AA's Assigned and 2 Spent. I'm confused by that because I've only earned 2 AA's total.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Assigned = ones that are in your window.
    Spent = ones that you have used.

That sounds weird, I know.
    But like, auto-grant will raise your assigned number, without raising your spent.
    Glyphing will raise your spent, without raising your assigned. However, glyphing will LOWER your assigned until you re-buy the glyph.

I have no idea how that applies on Mangler, tho, because I'm on a normal server.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

Assigned means they were auto granted. Melee now get innate melee damage boosts in the form of AA. Also Origin is granted. So those 11 you have “Assigned” were granted to you as you leveled up, no strings attached.

Spent means you earned and selected AA abilities.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Basically keeping track of the total number of aas you must spend to max all your aas VS the number you have earned by leveling and spent yourself. Most anyone who is fully maxed aa for a while will always have spent more than assigned due to using gylphs I think my spent is like 10k more than my assigned.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Fun fact: If you click on the message boards in the lobby (players looking for guilds/guilds looking for players) and pretend that you're looking for a guild, it will only show your current amount of SPENT AA points, not your total. So, it's definitely a quick way for raiding guilds (who are recruiting) to figure out which players are serious and which aren't.