Did You Miss Our February EQ Stream?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Fieldsurgeon New Member

First off I'd like to say thank you all for such an amazing game. Kudos my friends. But as a player since 2000. I was myself taken back by what mr. hardin said. I understand that you have Hardcore gamers to deal with. I sure you ppl. rank amounst them. but are you truly seeing all of the EQ community. I have explored brand new content once , when the monster mission came out. other than that I am always 2 or more expansions behind you. I own them, just not going to jump at the whip crack to leave old content. so I never see your holy-grail amount of exp. as you exp. nerf at each and every launch. my real concern her is that we all play EQ our own way. some sit in Baz 24/7 and never see any of your content. but your not forcing them to leave Baz. some use EQ as a giant chat room and sit in there decorated house and do nothing but chat with friends. some like myself love the role-playing and care not for the ways of the raiding guilds and exp. grinders. so are you really looking at what everyone wants. or only those that are like minded as yourselves.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Yinla like this.
  2. playful0 Journeyman

sweet, now I can put a face to roshen, king of the I don't like your post even though your not violateing any policys but im gonna delete your post anyway
  3. Soulsavior Elder

Ya... I totally guessed wrong.. before they told me who was who...

Difficult to "know," someone in VR. Or even in this "modern" world.
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

I'm curious, xp nerfs going to apply to anniversary and HH content?

Ruven
    Garshok, beryon and Yinla like this.
  5. playful0 Journeyman

if you truly want to support everquest content you would un nerf experience in older zones. a mass exp nerf did not make it so I want to go to new content, it has stoped me from spending 160 plus for expantions.. narrowing the content is done more from being forced into 2 expantions instead of all of the world a lot more so than someones choice of something they want to do. now they are forced into those 2 expantions that's a VERY narrow world... and windstalker I honestly did not expect weekly or bi weekly content updates. roshen promised us weekly monthly and quarterly updates when he started and it never happened, so if there is some content update before the next expantion its a improvement and I hope you go though with it.
    Garshok likes this.
  6. playful0 Journeyman

in responce to your asking us to voice our opinions and what we would like to see
    on the fourms I would love to see that aswell. the only catch is people shouldn't have the posts deleted with no cussing or any kind of policy violations done
    just because they don't agree with something. I have seen many many posts deleted with no cussing or any kind of policy violations done just because it wasn't wanted
    to be seen by the person deleting it. or threads get locked when to many people complain about something and the issue is never addressed and we are expected to
    forget about it.. if yall truly want our feedback then listen to the community, don't go in and lock threads, and don't go in and delete posts just because
    someone doesn't like the content of whats being said, like months ago (no I was not one of them) I saw dozens of posts deleted from mages talking about the pet nerf,
    no explination about why they were deleted, and these people were not saying anything that was a policy violation, just that they wanted it unnerfed and thought
    it was stupid. thats not a reason to delete a post. or lock a thread... unless its now a policy that people are not allowed to disagree with what has happoned gameplay wise.
  7. Theodosic_BB New Member

I've been an EQ player since the late 20th century. At 14+ years in game, my relationship with this game has lasted longer than three of my marriages.

A couple of thoughts from a multi-account, casual playing, non-raider (aka - m.a.c.p.n.r.)

1. I was one of those rinse and repeat HA people, because of limited playing time, I like to spend that time in a single zone, and not zoning and travelling to a variety of locations. Also, once I've done the full progression for the heroics for an expansion, I like to stick to the missions I liked best and just xp my chars, the stuff I really enjoy.

• The lockout timers added on the HA puzzled me a bit when they appeared. An annoyance that got in the way of playing. My answer was to play less, not to change my venue.
    • The xp changes in mission, I wasn't passionate about one way or another. My concern is never wringing every last modicrum of xp out of a given scenario, so impacts on potions, etc. did not rankle me as much. I can see how others minded.
    2. The TDS expansion, I did buy it 3x. I did progression through tier 2 I think, and then kind of lost interest. Subjectively, the zone design did not really interest me and the progression became annoying enough that this combined with not liking the aesthetic made moving back an expansion to level alternate characters a more fun outlet.

For the future, I think EQ still has legs, though I think the flexibility required in the engine is significantly greater in a small mature player base, than it would be with the inverse. Echoing other posts, give people challenges, but also the freedom to play the game their way (should be able to make progress if you're an hour a day person, or an 8 hour a day person). Keep these elements in mind, and I'll keep on clicking the "Buy" button 3x.

- Theo
  8. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

I'm just going to ask one question.

Is anything at all going to be done about the amount of people using to box raids for plat for kronos for Real money sales ?? Above anything else that is ruining the game. Take a look at Rogean on his private server, yet again he banned 450+ accounts. Would be astonishing if EQ ever decided to take it seriously and restore balance.
    Bohz likes this.
  9. Imrahil Augur

I have never been a good boxer nor have I ever bought anything for RL money ever, but how does this ruin your game? You neither have to buy from those who do this, nor does anyone. I mean, I don't want to say it is good or legal what they do, I somehow simply fail to see how this does impede on other players...
  10. Sostenes Augur

Hello,

After watching the video, I have a couple of comments:

1.- I can understand how an artist would like for his entire body of work to be appreciated by the masses and not for the masses to just focus on one of their masterpieces, but, if that is what keeps the people coming back and paying the admission ticket, why force them to have to wait 6 hours before they can see it again? I say let the players do what they have found to like in the game, as long as it keeps them playing game who cares. Considering that they are in instanced zones when doing HA's, they aren't bothering nobody really.

2.- If you would like for players to go do other things in other zones, offer incentives to do so, plant rare items in random Norath locations that you'd like more people to be at, existing rare items, or LON loot cards, etc... Word would spread like wildfire if people started talking about how they had a mount drop from completing a certain HA, or how a mob dropped a coveted ornament by completing an old world task, etc... these random items would just be that, completely random, no promises they will be awarded by a particular mob in a particular zone if you kill it enough times or by completing a certain HA repeatedly, its a Norath wide random. i.e. "Get out there Norathian's, this month we have planted 50 LON flying carpet loot cards, find them before the month is over!"

Sostenes
  11. Jeanmirac Elder

Permacamps. Still happens on Live servers - wife and I were working on her Shammy Epic last year in Plane of Fear - fighting off farmers for over three days just last year*. When they take over zones, it disrupts the normal flow of the game, you can't get that piece, that NPC, because the act of hearing the wife yell "HE'S UP!" from the bedroom and running to my workstation from the front room, the mob is gone. It's a pisser after waiting for days.

*Added to fond EQ memories from back in the Day - was a fun camp, sleeping in shifts, watching for farmer zone-ins with a "HEY! get off my lawn!' attitude. Good stuff even still.
    ;)
  12. Imrahil Augur

Well, I can understand that, but he wrote about raids being somehow made into Kronos. raids normally are instanced so shouldn't interfere with others. Anyway, let's not digress, I simply think there is more important stuff to do to keep EQ alive than look at his own personal pet peeve.
  13. Bohz Journeyman

When are we switching to the new daybreak forums and can we have "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" available under peoples comments pretty please :)
    Lisandra, Yimin and Yinla like this.
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

So much truth here.
    Garshok, playful0 and Lisandra like this.
  15. Zilla New Member

no doubt, lack of viable content as you said could not be more true, I have been able to enjoy such things first hand, I made a necromancer, not the easiest class to master, and while many may think it was.... lets recap. 2.5 sucks so much still never got it, only got 2.0, omens robe(that faction grindwas so joyus), MPG trials(b4 heroic <3), DoN progression (b4 heroic <3), just to be viable, then you needed to do countless hours of root rottings to level, and that's just killing trash, now you wana get cool augs and gear? well you gotta do missions, you're gona need people, oh nobody wants to group with you? well dam son hope that trash mob you xp farm keeps you occupied, because it's one of the few starter trash you can kill, just hope this will keep you occupied till the next expansion comes so you can gear up doing the same content you would have with a competent group, basically where i'm at,

beside my stupid ramble here, lets look at actually not viable zones unless with a group,
    Dead hills, anything from the captain, it not going to happen, any hero, from any cotf zone, nope,

any RoF hero, nope

any TDS T3+ trash that summons, nope not for necro, don't even try hero's solo here, are you on crack?

but suddenly you download macro.quest and you can make 5 different characters and bam, you don't need to solo, all those nerfs to your class stopping such actions, gone, because you are now cheating! and SoE doesn't have any active staff stopping you, botted full power cleric will keep you alive for free!, but anyone trying to play this game legit as one person, GET