Did increasing TS stack size to 1k reduce server load for bazaar?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Feznik, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Feznik Elder

I was just curious... Did increasing the trade skill stack size to 1000 help decrease the load in bazaar as traders were using so many much of the available total amount of items that could be sold in bazaar.

A EQ coder mentioned several years back that there was some 32 bit code restriction on how many items could be sold in bazaar, which was restricting the total amount of traders overall.

So did this help lower the load of the bazaar zone on the server?

Also related, and probably to early to tell. But since alot of people banked so many stacks on mules and will convert them to the 1000 stacks, will that also lower the load on the servers eventually?
  2. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I can say they may actually lose money on this. I know there is a person on Bristlebane that has 10 or so traders running in bazaar. People like this will probably consolidate bazaar mule accounts.
  3. Maedhros High King

It's going to take time before you notice much effect from this. You have thousands of inactive accounts with mules loaded up to the max with 20 stacks of items that are not simply going to rearrange themself into 1000 stacks, it's going to require someone to manually combine the stacks.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ogre Row in Diamond area of bazaar!

I had this same thought at first but I'm willing to bet the owner of said accounts just buys Krono with plat to be able to run all those mules. As long as they keep on making TLP servers and no one shoot me for saying this - continue to make raid drops show up as rares in group play they won't be as bad off as I first thought.
  5. Feznik Elder

Wow 10 traders, thats crazy.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Depends on how the data is packaged. A mule not actively loaded is just some data in the database and does not produce load. When a mule is loaded, say game needs to send inventory contents to client. If data is packed as a list of slot number/item id/quantity tuples, then stack consolidation ought to help. If data per bag is packed as an array of item id/quantity, a 0/0 (empty slot) in binary takes same space as 642639/74. So unless people actually start deleting empty bags or stashing them into other bags, there wont be much impact.

The bazaar should definitely see an improvement though.