Did DBG catch the cheats yet? (Mangler)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Calzonae, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Calzonae Journeyman

Killed off my subs a month ago and went back to prime time television. That's right, I would rather watch TV than play on any EQ server without GM's to police cheats or otherwise be seen.

I want to come back. Is a super-premium server with rule-sets fully enforced and the server moderated by actual GM's a possibility? I am happy to pay more to exclude the rule breakers. GM's need to eat too and the cost of living is not getting cheaper.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

How much more?

As you said, GM cost of living is increasing, and it would take quite a lot of them to adequately police even a single server 24/7.
  3. Scruff Elder

there are currently over 50 automated characters combined in sebilis and siren's grotto if that helps your answer :confused:
    Xanathol and Alekzandre like this.
  4. Alekzandre Augur

One would think that if they know the location this is occurring, it would take little effort to catch the ones doing it. They would have to do more than suspend the accounts for 3 days though, or it would just do nothing to stop it.

I am playing now on Mangler. Due to RL, I could only start here a few days ago. I have not made it to those zones yet. If when I do, that is occurring, I will be very disappointed. Of course if I interfere with the farming going on, I would surely be suspended.
  5. JeffHanson Augur

We have similar problems on live servers, although it's probably not as bad as TLP servers. Last time I checked, there were about 30 automated characters in FM (EoK) on Emarr, with lots of other automated groups in other EoK and RoS zones. In fact, Emarr has two large guilds that are mostly all automated characters.

DBG obviously doesn't care. The word is out that this kind of behavior is permitted, so the number of people doing this will continue to grow.
  6. code-zero Augur

There will be a massive ban wave once they begin, they'll write thousands of Krono off the books, and then the bad actors will all restart from scratch slightly differently in an effort to last longer next time
  7. birisu Elder

You're being trolled, SG has 3 people in it right now. Probably some box groups in seb but I don't feel like running over and checking
  8. Calzonae Journeyman

Firstly, I am not in the business and therefore I do not know all of the myriad of problems that a GM in modern gaming would need to address. But I do know what EQ subscriptions cost back in 1999 what inflation has been in the USA, maybe someone can chime in and provide enlightenment on why throwing our money at the problem cannot solve it.

Doesn't P99 run without a profit? I just don't want to play on P99 because the server populations are old, there is no reasonable expectation that it will never run beyond velious, and I don't trust that GMs on P99 would never abuse their position (since they are vested in the game occuring on the server).
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Spoil alert: It does take LITTLE effort!

That's why players are pissed. It's not like the EverQuest botters are running some super sophistacted hack that nobody can detect.

They play a game automatically for days to weeks straight running the same repetitive patterns.
  10. Calzonae Journeyman

A month ago there were two instances of SG each with teams of naked mages sitting in the zone in water to farm felspine.

A month ago there were two instances of sebilis with two AoE groups instance hoping and pulling everything outside of the crypt.

The next day I checked again and again encountered the same. My next move was to check the forums, complain a little, and receive a thread locked because there are already too many threads on the problem. Subsequently, I unsubbed my accounts and am currently waiting for the problem to go away.

But I am thinking that the issue will self correct around the same time that normal individual players with only a few subs have left the server.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Gotta seek something to catch it.