Did Caticki revert at patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 16, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

I just tried Caticki tonight again. It seems like the adds are spawning MUCH faster again (like before the change). Was this mission reverted in the patch?

Things also seem to be hitting alot harder. Our SK is dying alot in it.
  2. Goodn Augur

I have done the Cactiikii mission multiple times before and after the last patch. Still pretty much the same, although I did have one where I thought it seemed like the 2nd add popped really quick.

Just evaced...waited for burns to repop...and did again without an issue. And have done it multiple times without an issue since.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

I basically farm this mission for the time being to fill up my box team with armor. As far as I can tell no changes.
  4. Maedhros High King

Well initially, a well played group could just burn down the cactus in 10 seconds and people complained it was too easy.
    Then it was adjusted to be super hard. A well played group could manage to beat it. People complained it was too hard.
    Then it was nerfed again to make it slightly easier, but it missed the mark. Now a well played group can again kill it in 10 seconds.
    No clue how in the world you are finding it to be too hard.
  5. fransisco Augur

look at the size of your epeen
    Vdidar likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That's the problem! If you can kill it in 10 seconds its fine, if you have a lower DPS group who cannot kill it that quick they get swamped by the adds.

This is the first mission of the expansion, it shouldn't be that unforgiving if you have a low DPS group. There shouldn't be DPS checks in missions, they are bad enough in raids but in group content it is just silly and blocks slower groups from progressing, the same way they block lower DPS guilds with progression.

Due to the way this mission is it will always be a 10 second job for the perfect group and a nightmare for those who have no choice but to have a pick up group.

It is a badly designed mission, but perfect for a raid, some things just don't scale well and this is one of them.
  7. Spellfire Augur

8. Maedhros High King

Yes it is rather impressive, thank you.
    Seriously though, bring more dps and you too can have a big epeen.
  9. Cannikin Elder

I do this mission regularly with a friend (both of us boxing). The run we did after this Wednesday's patch was one of the smoothest we've done yet. Didn't notice anything different about the add spawn rates.

Also they're definitely not hitting any harder. Don't think I went below 30% the whole fight. I'm a mostly group geared warrior using a healer merc.