Dichotomic Shielding

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Triconix, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

It's supposed to be absorbing 40% of damage over 11,000. It seems to be only mitigating about 18% of damage. I went into Sul, stripped all my damage mitigation things off and the max hit was 19871. I popped Dichotomic shielding on and the max hit was 16323.

16323 / 19871 = .821.

Proficiency is definitely working. The max hit went from 19871 to 14555 which is about right in line with what I expected.

Anyone else test Dichotomic out?
  2. Behelit Augur

sounds like it works correctly based on your numbers.

19871-11000 = 8871 x 0.6 = 5322.6 + 11000 = 16322.6

40% reduction is only applied to the amount of dmg over 11k.
  3. menown Augur

Yep, same mechanics as the caster "Shield of Fate" and "Shield of Consequence."
  4. Triconix Augur

Ah yeah, I wasn't even thinking like that. Those darn threshold runes get me every time. I always forget that :oops: Nevermind then, nothing to see here people! :D
  5. Kamea Augur

Curious. If you have proficiency and shining on, which is 40%, will the mitigation portion of shielding even do anything on damage >11k?
  6. Lianeb Augur

Defensive proficiency is increase Melee mitigation
    so it stacks with
    Dichotomic shielding and shining which are both absorb Melee Damage, but they do not stack. Generally the higher % is the one that counts. In this instance that would be Dichotomic Shielding.

I have been to lazy to parse out threshold stacking with non threshold buffs. I cannot tell you if you get a hit less than 11k the 10% absorption of shining will kick in, or if the game still thinks you have 40% shielding from Dichotomic protecting you, though not meeting the threshold so no absorption is made.
  7. josh Augur

Somebody is going to have to parse it to be sure but i suspect proficiency and shielding stack while shining and shielding do not stack. so on hits over 11k the mitigation will come from shieldings 40% and none from shining and it would be the reverse for hits lower than 11k. I'm not a warrior or I'd parse it myself.
  8. josh Augur

The simplest way to test it would be to ask a cleric for a low level vie and then use shielding. if the vie fades than it was probably being used on hits lower than 11k.