Dichotomic Reinforcement

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff1, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Has anyone had a chance to test this much?

I use it all of the time, and I'm have not evaluated it, but from just looking at it, I'm not sure they did us any justice on this one. It may not be any better than me just casting 1 intellectual appropriations nuke in that time instead (mob gets damaged and group gets mana). I hope I am wrong. Lucy's has no raw data as it stands.

So, does it boost the group's damage enough to overcome the damage of me casting a dd spell instead? If not, what is the point?

They probably could have saved a ton of time in programming and just given another rank of gift of hazy thoughts, and upped the mana return on IA.

Do any of you have any information on it or feedback?
  2. RPoo Augur

It regularly adds an extra 90k crit nuke to most of my nukes when I use it - extremely noticeable when a group of casters are all getting those extra 90k crits. the mana return is pretty decent and the extra damage to spells is slightly noticeable.
  3. Silv Augur

I think it's worth it but the mana return is usually the last consideration for me. The 12 - 18s of +Damage and +Damage proc adds up if you have a group of casters types (including casting melee).

The +Damage effect also works on DOTs which is awesome.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Use Raidloot.com instead of Lucy, you will find a lot more and more accurate spell data. The lowest unevolved version of the spell triggers:

[49266/6672] Dichotomic Reinforcement 1
    Classes: ENC/250
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 16 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Dichotomic Reinforced Strike 1 on Spell Use (Base 16% Chance) e.g. Cast Time 2s=4% 3s=5.3% 4s=8.0% 5s=10.7%
    2: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Spells: Exclude Dichotomic Reinforced Strike
    6: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    7: Increase Current Mana by 3821
    8: Increase Base Spell Damage by 2481
    9: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    10: Limit Effect: Current HP
    11: Limit Type: Detrimental
    12: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    Text: You are infused with dichotomous magical energy.
    Increases your mana by #7. Increases the damage of all detrimental damage spells by #8 and adds a chance for them to proc an additional damaging spell. These effects will only affect spells up to level #2 that cost #12 mana or more. This effect will last for %z or until spells have been enhanced 16 times.

which has a chance to proc:

[49272/6673] Dichotomic Reinforced Strike 1
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Lowest -25
    Focusable: Yes
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 17193
    2: Decrease Current Hate by 12%
    Text: You are struck by dichotomous magic.
    Deals up to #1 damage to your target and removes up to #2 percent of their hatred for you.

It's definitely worth using, especially with any casters in the group.
    Axxius and Maxxbuff1 like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Yeah its definitely worth using, be nice if it actually evolved though.
    Maxxbuff1 likes this.
  6. Silv Augur

WOAH those are some crazy expectations! :rolleyes::eek:
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Thanks guys, the math of it, certainly eclipses the casting of a spell yourself. Now to get it to evolve.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

Just for a reference:

Casting DR with a necro increased *one* DOT from 700k -> 800k (not including the nuke proc) damage thanks to the base increase. When you consider that they're stacking a bazillion that adds up quick even though the buff is short-lived. I'm not sure if that was with burn on but I don't think so since we tested it a few times back-to-back.

When you compare DR to IA - each IA nuke is 1k mana at Rk. 3 and it has a 15s recast (assuming no TC), so at worst, 4k mana per min IF you cast *every* refresh (unlikely unless you are intentionally trying to IA in which case you're probably losing personal DPS by a fair margin). DR is 3800 mana with a 60s recast. So... you're kindof breaking even there give or take a little.

If you're burning and have DR on, as an Ench, it will hit for ~119k. (With nothing it's ~18k non-crit, ~91k normal crit, ~119k crit+IOG).

So, yeah... it eats a spell gem which really sucks but it's only 1.5s cast and since TBM isn't exactly CC intensive (if at all esp. on raids) sacrificing one spell gem that was a CC spell isn't an issue. If the mana cost is a problem then AT GOM or GOGM for casting it.

I *love* the spell. One of the few things that actually was good for Enchanters. Even if they don't give the upgrades, I feel it almost always deserves a spot on the lineup.

Edit: I just want to stress again that this ability working for Necros is *huge* IMO since we were kindof lacking for them compared to Wiz/Mag.

I also don't have extensive testing/parsing but RNG/BST/cast tanks also get a nice benefit... if the PC has mana and casts... DR is pretty sweet.
    Maxxbuff1 likes this.
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

Time to find some rare candy to feed it?
    Sancus and Silv like this.