DI, what level/RK to use and why?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kurayami, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

So was looking over the DI spell lines, noticed clerics get DI at level 60, level 87, level 92, and level 97. The descriptions are less than helpful, as far as I can tell the main benefit of getting the level 97 one over level 60 is that you get to use MORE mana to cast it, but am hoping there is more to it than that. Also, I'd like it explained to me why I should be using the level 97 DI Rk 2 and not the level 87 DI Rk 3 which I know I can acquire if I desire to.

Thanks in advance for the help on this!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The new DI's heal for more when they fire.
  3. Takk Elder

If you are looking on Lucy, the full heal appears to be false. If you look in the raw data under max1 for both of them you will see values from about 40-50k on the 92 and 97 ones, respectively.

My guess would be that those are the base heal values, and you actually get a larger heal for each one.

Outside of a raid, those are probably both close enough that the difference won't be noticeable for the rare situation it fires. You will definitely notice in the level 60 version versus the 97, though.
  4. Kurayami Augur

Okay, so different healing amounts for each level of spell. What then is the difference between Rk 1, Rk 2, and Rk 3 of the same spell? Simply more healing? More chance of it working? How does this go?
  5. Crystilla Augur

The heal amount increases when it goes off each time for each rank.

Divine Intervention (level 60) - 10000?

Divine Intercession (level 87)
    Rank 1 - 18000
    Rank 2 - 24000
    Rank 3 - 33000

Divine Invocation (level 92)
    Rank 1 - 38000
    Rank 2 - 39900
    Rank 3 - 41895

Divine Interposition (level 97)
    Rank 1 - 47132
    Rank 2 - 49489
    Rank 3 - 51963
  6. Gladare Augur

If you have your DI aa's, it fires every time.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

As others have explained, the higher the spell + rank, the more it heals for on a fire.

Now, as to your question of which one to use, this depends on if you're in a group/solo, or a raid.

In a group, use the best one you have (highest level).
    In a raid, try to use the same level and rank as everyone else. If that means using last year's rank III until every cleric has next year's rk II or III, then that's what you do.
    That was one of my rules with spell rune distribution- once one cleric gets DI, they all do, ASAP. Differing ranks will block each other, and that means waiting until there's no DI on someone, which defeats the purpose of it being the "insurance policy" that it is. Because it has a decent recast even with hastened AAs, you can't depend on that one cleric not to have used their DI on someone so that they can refresh a specific person they cast on before- in a raid format, it's about maintaining it with the first available person.

Also, for future reference, Lucy is best for looking up the history of changes on a spell, but fairly slow to update much otherwise. Raidloot's spell page in my link is much clearer and more up to date. As an example:
    [34138/4557] Divine Interposition Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/97
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 2097
    Consumes: [Item 10029] x 2
    Target: Single
    Range: 100
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 90s, Timer: 7, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 10m (100 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Divine Intervention with 51963 Heal
    2: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 7
    3: Stacking: Delayed Heal Marker (7)
    Text: You feel the watchful eyes of the gods upon you.
  8. CaRnon Augur

The thing that drives me crazy on raids is when someone uses a RK3 DI when half the clerics still only have rk2. Drives me crazy when random cleric overwrights my just casted DI 10-15 seconds after I casted it. Cause then if it goes off after they overwrite mine neither of ours are back up to recast.
  9. Crystilla Augur

The flip side there is - there is no 1 answer that works for every guild.

My guild still doesn't have any rank 3 DI casters, but if we did, it could be 2+ months before the next cleric gets rank 3. And, not everyone has the same interests in these extra buffs or is as quick as others on casting/recasting when it fires. So it's going to be guild dependent.
  10. Nylrem Augur

Multiple ways to cure this, one of the easiest is assigning clerics to specific tanks, to keep DI and SR up on.
  11. Crystilla Augur

We end up bypassing that thankfully most of the time since we use 2 healer channels. One for most of our spam; the other for healer strats and anything we wouldn't want overwritten. DI is a spell healers are supposed to use their hotkey for, so it's very obvious when it's done so we have little overwriting taking place.
  12. CaRnon Augur

problem we have is that either some healers are super slow to react/read guild/cleric channel chat or just dont care and overwrite a just casted DI... I am fast at getting DI back on our tanks and such BUT some others seem to be 5-15seconds delay and still cast it.