@Devs, would you please consider opening a second Aradune server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bard2019, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Bard2019 Elder

Clone Aradune, call it Mithara, give a tiny xp bonus for 1 week to let people catch up(or don't). Then in 6, 9 or 12 months, merge Mithara into Aradune. We've never had a server launch quite this bad, that has lasted for this long without any sign of resolution. Many of us haven't even had an opportunity to play yet, as the server has had problems during our play hours. It's clear the server is overcrowded and the way that's always been handled in the past was to open an additional server, why is that not the case this time? Of course that costs money, but this is the type of thing we pay you for. As long as it's made clear that the server is temporary and will be merged, there should be no reasonable argument against doing this.
  2. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

All these Rampage World Tour players hoping for a second server so they have a chance at open world...
  3. Bard2019 Elder

Two things about your comment, first, why would it matter what someone else does on a different server than the one you're on? Second, I(and many others) have no association with Rampage or any other guilds for that matter. I also don't care about open world targets that I've killed dozens to hundreds of times over the past 20+ years. I've already lived many "server first" lifetimes and have accomplished everything in EQ that I've hoped to. I don't consider dominating a game this old, to be any sort of achievement and I find it pathetic that some do but to each their own. I realize that some people never made it to the top and are hopeful to do so this time around and I wish them luck. Regardless, I enjoy EQ for what it is and I'd simply like to be able to have access to the product I've payed for. That's not too much for anyone to ask.
  4. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

Apparently DBG feels that Aradune is working as intended - I don't see any red text up top indicating that they are investigating any "potential issues" - so must be exactly what they want us to have. Also, we've not seen a DEV post on this TLP channel for days. All is well...
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

They've all but abandoned their forums in favour of the discord.
  6. Gynek Lorekeeper

Honestly, at this point, the population has died enough that there are no server issues, and there's definitely no justification for making a 2nd server. Aradune is all but dead in the water anyway, it seems.