Dev's v. Classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Braveheart Augur

Is there a list of the Dev's and what classes they play?
  2. Piestro Augur

No. It's pretty irrelevant actually, when it's your job you don't get as emotionally attached and are fine advocating for nerfs for your own class.

My list, which is pretty out of date at this point (I posted it on Reddit a couple months ago), is as follows:

97 Mage 96 Necro 95 Cleric 90 Ranger 90 Beastlord 85 Berzerker 83 Enchanter 82 Druid 81 Wizard 80 Rogue, Shaman, Monk, Bard, ? Think I forgetting some. 75-79 Warrior, Paladin, SK

3. Shang Augur

It's relevant in the fact that when a developer states things like, "Shadow knights are the highest DPS by FAR" and "Bards are surpassing wizard levels of DPS" to know the perspective in which they're grasping this terrible data.
  4. Piestro Augur

You should see some of the cleric parses I've seen...
    Elricvonclief and BlankStare_001 like this.
  5. Shang Augur

Show them to Brogett and watch hilarity ensue.
    Xnao, Loratex and Voodoman like this.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

SHHH!
  7. Braveheart Augur

Your almost as bad as me, almost!

Before anyone trolls me. I'm a full time Engineering student, married and yes I do have a social life. =P I play in the evening, not really a TV watcher.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No toon at level 100 yet, you slacker ;)
    Quatreh and Mykaylla like this.
  9. Daedly Augur

It's far from irrelevant, actually =/
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  10. Ronak Augur

Yeah, it really is relevant. A lot of misunderstandings over the years are related to it.

But, on topic, I know Elidroth was a warrior!
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  11. Hatsee Augur

I know he was too, a decade ago.
  12. boukk_sebilis Augur

Actually you locked mage thread about pet raid tanking saying it was intended, and then later on the devs said it's not intended and they are working on it, you were obv biased having your highest lvl being a mage.
  13. Piestro Augur

I locked the thread saying it is allowed. It is allowed and is not an exploit. It's not desired behavior, and they are working on addressing the situation long term.
  14. Galin Augur

Saw that before your edit buddy! Well played.
  15. silku Augur

I think it's impossible for humans to remain emotionally detached, especially when it is their job. Very rarely do you see someone who is 100% neutral to their work. You find those love their work and are dedicated and spend great deals of time there. Then you find those who loath their job and just do the bare minimum to keep it, grudgingly usually. Humanity seems to become emotionally attached to everything we do.
  16. iniari-TR Augur

dev's need more love for wizards :D
  17. Piestro Augur

Agreed. There are degrees of attachment however, and different varieties. Devs tend to have an attachment to the bigger picture, and individual attachments tend to be moderated by decisions made by consensus.
    silku likes this.
  18. sojuu Augur

I really believe the attachment arguement can go either way. 1. They are attached giving thier fav class boosts or 2. they dont want to look as if giving favortism and neglect the class. Its just human nature and happens.
  19. Nedrom Augur

Hopefully with you playing a monk you should now have a better understanding of all the issues we face compared to other classes.
  20. Burdi Augur

Hello,
    I don't think the state of mind of dev is even close to the one of a hard core raiding players.
    Dev are paid to be productive and implement new features in game.
    Players pay to use those and complain on forums.
    The 2 situation are just completely different
    Cheers