Devs: Please Help Berserkers Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fury Journeyman

It's really not that useful to turn this into a necro vs zerker thread.Can we please get back to focusing on what needs to be fixed for zerkers? Necro's can make their own thread about their woes.

It isn't that fun to play a zerker right now. I understand the "vision" is that all dps be interchangeable. But why do zerkers have to be blinded/rooted/damaged (and lets hope the hot doesn't hit you before the disc you damaged yourself to use takes) to do the same dps as other dps classes? Our mitigation is awful. We can't recover endurance as well as other dps classes. We have no utility. We can't use some of our discs because their detrimental effects makes them impossible/very difficult to use (do you want to be rooted next to a rampaging mob? How about blinded while trying to hit a mob that's moving around?). Please address some of these issues if you want all dps to be on equal footing.
  2. Ishtass Augur

You guys aren't going to win this battle by alienating any sympathizers you had and yelling at devs. I'm sure a lot of people come here hoping to support you but instead end up arguing your logic or defending their classes against your attacks. These things need a large backing and time to happen. Class balance fixes cannot be off the cuff without making things worse than they already are. Calling another class a crybaby after looking through this thread did make me laugh, though I'm sure did anything but help you. Work on your tact if you expect anyone to work with you on a fix.
    Sinestra, brian0729 and Voodoman like this.
  3. Bighitz Augur

You mean to do on average half of our caster counterpart... We can all brag about our 140K parse on valley in VOA, but fact is a berserker in a high end guild normally hits between 70-120K DPS for a min now, whereas a wizard hits 170-200K with alot more consistency for a min. Sustained they also kick our with similiar margin.
  4. Bighitz Augur

Sorry for being rude, i have just given up on this.. i wont reply any more this is a futile argument. no dev will use a second on this thread or any other thread we might make. The fact that we even have to make a thread like this is because we have bene ignored so many times.... At a certain point you either quit or you start shouting.
  5. Denhbers Elder

You can't blame zerkers for being frustrated this expansion. We have been the product of a giant failed experiment.

Imagine if picking a class in this game was easily defined, like perhaps old gauntlet for the NES?

Zerkers:

Damage: 3/5
    Utility: 1/5
    Defense: 2/5

Who the heck would pick that?
    FatbukSlapmeat likes this.
  6. Ishtass Augur

I'm in no way blaming anyone for being frustrated; zerkers (and rogues) are broken. There just comes a time when passion is doing more harm than good for the cause. I sincerely hope something is in the works that just hasn't been voiced yet. In dev-land though, I don't think the dust has really settled yet since the shadows release. That's just my opinion/hope.
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Red Berserker is HUNGRY!
    Reprisal likes this.
  8. Forcallen Augur

This thread is lol!! Stick to requests or questions related to zerkers and you will get far more consideration and maybe even support instead of flinging siht everywhere by whining about everyone else and telling people how their class is classified in game.
  9. Slasher Augur

You cannot show you're behind if you can't compare yourself to other classes that you should be equal to. I don't see how that is hard to understand.

However calling for nerfs is not needed. If we assume class X is suppose to do that dps then class Y should be doing the same.

How can you show you need help without pointing out how far ahead class X is ? you cannot.
  10. Forcallen Augur

This thread is already a train wreck so one more post won't hurt.

Productive (over simplified for time): Zerkers currently do X in burst and Y in sustained under these conditions. Necros, mages, wizards, rogues, monks all do X in burst and Y in sustained under the same conditions. Is it possible to have our Y looked at even if we give up some X? Or if rogues and wizards do X in burst as well but then also do Z in sustained, can we have some tweaks to get to Z in sustained?

You two: Zerkers currently lose all parses to druids who are healing tanks and only sending in their pets. Zerkers do nothing but die when looked at. We can not farm xp or do anything solo as grey con mobs one round us. Zerkers should dominate all forms of dps as they did in burst for the past decade. Necros, mages and monks are not even dps classes and they do this, this and this in sustained. They also can solo named in 10 seconds, ae rez, ghostkill raid mobs and are just so great that until the past few years everyone wanted to be one. Please nerf them now that their niche has become the major spotlight in raids, its only fair if they are 25% behind us at all times as we are the true dps class.
  11. Amor Augur

Please don't dissuade Cleaver or Bightiz from posting because it is pure comedy gold right now. These two alone are on the way to making this the thread of the year.

The reality though is it's probably better if you let Fatbuk or Gragas or any other beserker besides you two do the talking. You two are only hurting your class. The funny thing is you don't see anyone arguing against the beserker class or their concerns. You do see people coming to defend their class though against you two clowns crying all these tears.

Do berserkers need looking into? Yeah I think so. Does it help your cause in the way you two carry on about it? No not at all.

Amorcen
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Slasher Augur

Do not mistake me for Bightiz. I have not and will not say any class needs to be nerfed in order to make zerkers better. I believe necros and wizards are fine as is. Wizards sucked for years its about time they're competitive again, but if either of you think zerkers are even coming close to other dps classes you have no clue what you're talking about. Forcallen if you think zerkers/rogues/monks do the same dps as a wizard I got a bridge to sell you.

All dps classes should be competitive with each other in every parse. That is not the case right now. Again do not compare me to Bightiz i have not once said zerker should be ahead just make the class competitive. If I have a bard and shaman and bst I should be able to compete with everyone else without having to be blind and rooted. Isn't it bad enough that you need 3 support classes just to hit your max DPS ? Why should you have to be rooted and blind ? It's nonsense you remove them 2 restrictions and the class is in a lot better shape we have the tools to do higher dps, but raids are not designed to let us use these abilities. If we cannot use them change them. Why put something in the game a class can only use a fraction of the time then balance that class around using it 100% of the time ?
  13. Forcallen Augur

Zerkers are a burst class, they still burst extremely well. Granted it was with the bug but a week ago you guys could hit 200K on 45-60 second fight. You still burst right with rogues and wizards its just you guys have slightly tougher conditions to do that well.

Your real issue is that 80% of raids no longer cater to your niche, burst. Thats partly because you and the other burst classes stack perfectly and guilds that had 4 burst dps groups could overwhelm just about any raid prior to some in VoA. Other burst classes have been granted some major sustained boosts in addition to competing with you in burst, in that regard you have a gripe. If a burst class is good at sustained as well then all should be relative, or whichever one is the outlier fixed or tweaked slightly.

That still doesn't mean you guys should now parse with necros, mages and monks in sustained which has been their role for quite awhile. And just as our classes had years where we got to look forward to 1 or 2 events a week that we shined at, while watching you guys dominate just about any parse worthy event. You two might be on the outside looking in for a bit.
  14. Slasher Augur

Did you ever look at that parse ? 200k nice did you know Augmented frenzy was probably 75k + of it ? Take that away wow 125k not bad unless you compare it to other classes. Let's say zerkers can burst as high as wizard how is that balanced when they cant actually use the abilities to get there on any raid events ? Do you see where I'm coming from here ?

It's like this.

We're giving you a 200k nuke that only works on 1 raid boss, but we're balancing you around using it on every raid. That is what berserkers are dealing with right now.
  15. Behelit Augur

I'm not sure what parses your looking at but Wizards are a solid 40k ahead of zerkers on 60sec burns. Wizards are hittin 200K+ burns easily on 60sec parses, Zerkers are topping out at ~160k. We fall even further behind by 120sec with Wizards at 140k+ and Zerkers at 100k+.

And you really should avoid a sustained and burst comparison as Necro/Mage/Monk burst is much closer in 60sec than its ever been to rogues/zerkers/wizards and higher than rogues+zerkers on anything over 90sec. Last I checked my discs run for 3min, but I'm falling behind "sustained" dps classes after 90sec.

This isnt an issue of event disparity, even if every event in RoF was a 60-120sec parse mobs zerkers would not be topping them and would be losing to "sustained" classes on anything close to 120sec.

The real issue here is melee sustained took a hit when the flurry bug was fixed, this was really done as a reaction to high burst dps though. We were then further stagnated in fear that our high burst would once again spiral out of control with higher weapon ratios and aa's that actually do something. And the end result is that zerkers are left with an "ok" burst and weak sustained dps. As a class with little to no utility or survivability, its disheartening to be unable to compete with other pure dps classes.

As far as the nerf calls go, they need to stop. Its only going to get the thread locked and the issues ignored. That said its hard to give any sort of "positive feedback" on how to fix the situation when everything we tried in Beta was rejected.
  16. Forcallen Augur

Zerkers do not cap out at 125K now, so no it wasn't 75K of your burn. Again I said you guys have a slightly tougher time getting to your best numbers but lets not pretend that you didn't enjoy a ton of time in the spotlight with those abilities when for years they put you above the other burst dps classes. Those other burst classes now parse with you in burst, yes some with fewer restrictions.

Eli's recent comment was in opposition to everything that has happened in game prior. Right now there is only one class that fits the new description of dps in any situation everyone else has a niche. Burst or middle ground or sustained.
  17. Slasher Augur

That is what some people who have come here don't get. You guys are posting well ask for this and well we have. We asked for AAs to remove blind or to remove root. We asked for them to remove the root from frenzied resolve. We asked for DPS AAs to help us be competitive.

Nothing was given they out right refused to consider removing blind and root, they refuse to remove the 90% HP requirement on our disc. During beta we were given Cry Carnage. We parsed it and provided feedback showing that it provided no dps increase at a cost of higher endurance and did not last as long as cry havoc. Was this read ? Yes was it fixed ? No like Aristo does with any feedback he ignored it.

We asked for increased DPS from frenzy to help our sustained (right now frenzy does about 1100 dps) Prior to SOF it did 800-900. So a small increase did it help ? No.

What I believe they're thinking is Tier 4 isn't out and tier 4 will have another weapon ratio upgrade and they think that will solve the issue. So we wait 3 months + if that fixes the issue great if it doesn't we wait until the next expansion which will be released like ROF and we wont see our real weapon upgrades until 9 months after release.

Forcallen we have been asking for blind to be removed for 5 + years this is not something new. The root however was given during VOA and no one wanted it. I'm sure you know how aristo works he gives you a spell you provide feedback and he ignores the feedback.

In fact we asked for them to give us an alternate version of blinding fury without the blind at weaker levels so we could use it when the raid event did not cater to you being blind for over 60s. We got ignored.
  18. Behelit Augur

Augmented Frenzy was adding 40k to both sustained and burst as its DD dmg and wasnt modded by our burn. So yes it did allow us to hit 200k parses and compete with wizards, and then it was fixed to do 4k dps. We are now behind the level of burst we should be at to remain competitive.

I was against Zerkers being so far ahead in VoA and was one of the few that openly linked parses in a effort to show the disparity. Now our honesty is being punished by the Devs with over-stagnation. We didn't break the code in aria to make us burn that hard, I dont follow in your logic that we need to now be behind in dps to compensate for it.
  19. Slasher Augur

That is what people just do not understand. The flurry mod in bard aria was broke it was making people flurry more then intended. THIS WAS parsed and posted by a Berserker cough fatbuk. We brought it up over 2 years ago. We Forcallen seems to think its ok we suck now because we were so good before well us being good was not our fault it was a broken buff that we informed them about.

He thinks we should suck now because we were good before even though it was because of a broken buff. Break aria again it would make us competitive again.
  20. Forcallen Augur

Actually the only reason I am here is because people kept attacking my class and were basically calling for nerfs. I never once said you guys should be behind other burst classes now, regardless if they were behind you for years (but no it wasn't just the aria bug as you guys dominated well before it but thats neither here nor there).

I did say despite eli's recent comment and even with the current raid design that all dps should not be the same and interchangeable. You embrace the game and class differences and continue to design raids that cater to the different types. This does mean that not every event will cater to burst anymore but this also means that not every event should cater to sustained either. Even if this means each type gets one event for a parse and then there are 10 boring raids to cater to no one, you still don't make everyone equal on all raids or you ruin the game imo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.