Devs: Please Help Berserkers Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

If you have read how elidroth talks in chat you would notice he thinks we're able to use frenzied resolve every fight he even said well use it then coming from a dev who designs raids. It's like he doesn't play EQ oh wait he doesn't. I'd love to see him raid on a zerker for 2 weeks and show me where you can use frenzied resolve in ROF he has no concept of what happens in raids or why that disc is utterly useless and should not be considered when balancing the class.
  2. Bighitz Augur

Should be pretty evidently by the countless of non-cherry picked parses sent to him where we are behind on every event and every duration.

But i guess its easier to pick a VOA parse and see, WOW a berserker is doing 140K on a tier 2 mob. that is 15% more than any other class in this expansion. NERF!.. EQ favors classes that can do their thing without support, because the hinderance that it is to be chance based and support dependent does not pay off and never has, except for perhaps HOT.
  3. Bighitz Augur

Also mind you, endless endurance / mana wont be held against you when balancing. only a rare highparse because its a number so easy identifyable that even a developer can see it.
  4. Bighitz Augur

If i were to reroll and never switch back, i would chose Wiz, necro or Rogue. Rogue is obivously in shabby shape right now, but they are alot like berserkers just wihtout endurance problems and less chance based (wont be held against you), wiz because they can burn so damn well without support and have endless mana now and have very little variance in burn numbers or necro because a dev. secretly plays this class and keeps giving them candy.
  5. Slasher Augur

6. Bighitz Augur

All berserkers have closet reroll Wizard, grats on 100. 8-D.

You dont even need raid gear to beat your former main, group gear is enough - Wizards for the win...
  7. Ishtass Augur

Should maybe try a chanter, you need to work on your CHA.
  8. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Might not want to have too many Wizards. Some guilds might say you are exploiting the class!
  9. Daedly Augur

I am confused by this statement. How is your fade being resisted? Are you remembering to turn attack off? Are confusing the message of avoiding the stun as a resist? Are you refering to our aggro reduc skill as our fade?
  10. brian0729 Journeyman

Hmm lets see since HoT:
    Swift dot nerf, RB nerf, Deathbloom nerf, Scripts with locked hit points, Burn mobs all over VoA, Being told before we start RoF IRC chat for AA's not to ask for any dps upgrades because we wont get any. If by candy you mean big piles of crap then yes we got lots of candy.

While I cant ask you to stop talking because its not my place and it is your right please try to make you comments with constructive fact. Thanks.
    Ishtass likes this.
  11. sojuu Augur

Necros were told not to ask because of how good they were sitting compared to other classes. Necros got minimal help in sof but mainly because they are doing well compared to other classes. Necros have always done well as long as I can remember and probably will remain that way. Don't try to down play ur class like you havn't been doing so hot. You got all defensive about the comment he made and really I saw it as a half jokingly complement.
  12. Bighitz Augur

but okay, i am not a dev. but i am pretty sure they have stated that ultity will be held against DPS.. jokes on me for rolling a class with 0 utility.. damnit...
  13. Slasher Augur

Hey now they spent years of hiding parses because you couldn't parse dots and still cant reliably :)

All dps classes should be interchangeable to a point in raids. Beating a raid shouldn't be effected by the fact you have 5 monks instead of 5 zerkers or 5 rogues instead of 5 wizards. Should they all be equal dps that's not for me to decide.
    Ishtass likes this.
  14. Xnao Augur

It is not that we get candy, we are just the only class that understands that bargaining gets you more than saying "waaah we need dps." Instead of asking for candy, we get in the stranger's van, are felt up, then get candy. Every AA we have asked for since UF has a downside to it. We rarely get flat boosts.

Try asking for a boost that extends your blind and you may have better luck.

Do not forget the fact that we are tuned around having a bard either. Likely tuned with enchanter in mind after SoF.
    Ishtass likes this.
  15. Xnao Augur

[quote="Bighitz, post: 2949780, member: 2569"
    Yeah the fact that pet classes said something like that proves their comments are indulged in self interest.[/quote]

No, it proves that you are bluffing, as all players bluff when something happens that they do not like.

IE: Swift dot nerf. 75% of necros in the thread said they were going to quit, I only know of one who actually did.
  16. brian0729 Journeyman

I made my post for one reason and one reason only. We dont just get piles of candy as you say, we have seen plenty of downside as well so please dont talk about how overpowered my class is (I think thats against a rule or something). Please just go back to asking for help for your class, I actually think you need it. I just want you to leave my class out of it.
    Ishtass likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

See now im just mad. WTF have you guys ever given to get what dps you have ? nothing at all. Please do not even comment on my class if you have never played one to realize how pathetic it is to do dps yet have all the det effects we have to deal with. Do you like having glyph spray and runes on you during raids ? id love it but cant.

Not only do we have the worst mitigation table in melee dps we are the ONLY class in this game that takes damage to do damage. If that ain't enough not only do we hurt ourselves we have to be blind, rooted and under 90% hp.
    Xulore likes this.
  18. Slasher Augur

Remove the root, blind and 90% requirement on our stuff and see where the class is. Until that is done why play berserker.
  19. Xnao Augur

Dot at the ends of embalmers
    Funeral pyre stripping dot ticks away (when you can do 1 mil in a tick that is a huge loss)
    Having to cast a nuke to proc a twincast
    Needing to hit 80% hp to proc hand of death. That is harder than it sounds when you have a healer and people use rb.
    5aa for each excellent parse

Also, please inform me of these so called top 3 for utility abilties we have.
  20. Badname0553. Elder

We have worse mitigation then you, devs continue to make more and more mobs belly casters so we have to deal with ae and wild ramp just like melee. Also many abilities, procs, clicks all need to be pretty close to a mob. Lets ignore all the other mechanics raiders face since you cant twist how they work to your benefit.

We have to trade lots of hps for mana in a few different ways.

We have to utilize 12-18 spells to do what others come close to doing with 3-4.

We have a negative recourse to just about every new ability we have had added. Nukes forced between dots, hps having to be below 80%, self inflicted dots from abilities when they fade, abilities that trade 75% of our life for smallish damage, mana costs doubled and dot duration shortened for small boosts, etc.

We didn't suddenly fall into dps or utility and we haven't suddenly become something the class never was. Go back and check out our spells and design of the class from before zerkers even existed. So yes we have utility and dps we have had it since inception.

We would gladly leave your dramatic thread of the year alone to you and blightz to continue to perform but you two cant seem to leave other classes out of your whining rather than coming up with solutions limited to your class.
    brian0729 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.