Devs: Please Help Berserkers Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gragas Augur

Since it evidently worked for monks. Berserkers need some help to stay competitive on burst and sustained.

We are a DPS class that currently is not a DPS class ATM. Since we have no other utility, not sure why the devs are so concerned over our burst since we have no other role. Stop the stagnation.

Everything the community suggests via IRC chat was shot down by Elidroth. Pretty sure Elidroth hates anything that remotely resembles, "Hey this class has this type of ability/AA (ie Massive strike for frenzy, Scouts Line and the huge OMG HHE self only buff's are "broken" no more upgrades for anyone even though berserkers do not have any self only version of HHE), why not berserkers."
    Only reason most of these abilities were even brought up in AA IRC chat is that they evidently work for other classes and contribute to burst and sustained, and most berserkers understand this and want similar abilities to remain competitive until the last tier weapons are in their hands.

Staggered release of content sort of sucks when the highest tiered weapons will not be seen for 9 months or more. Since berserkers are so reliant on weapon ratios because of the way our AA's are built, not seeing the end game ratios means not being competitive for 9-10 months. Also, here is hoping that the ratio's on these weapons will actually be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, but I fear with Chandrok doing weapons and having such "concerns with burst damage" that they will not be worth a crap.

Augmented Frenzy in it's broken form actually made us competitive with casters, because it was a lot of DD damage. Maybe reinstate it's previous form, but reduce the DD damage to half, 8k vs 16k crits.
    Daedly likes this.
  2. Kelefane Augur

Im seeing some Zerkers burst for dang near 200k or so DPS........seriously? want more help?

You guys are shredding right now ~
    Voodoman likes this.
  3. Gragas Augur

We gots nerfed, if yah played a zerker you might have a clue.

/GU Aaryonar in 89s, 18148k @203909 --- Gragas 18148k

That was when Augmented Frenzy was broke.
  4. Kelefane Augur

Oh, in the recent patch?
  5. Gragas Augur

Yep.

- Berserker - Modified Augmented Frenzy so that it only augments the Frenzy skill rather than every skill. Increased the base recast time to 2 minutes. Lowered the damage dealt by Augmented Frenzy Strike. Corrected the description of Augmented Frenzy Effect.
  6. Daedly Augur

I would also say, that for the most part, we aren't looking much for increase our damage in short fights as we are for a boost in the amount we do in the longer fights. As once our discs end, the drop off is extremely steep and our initial burst isn't enough to make up for it.
  7. Gragas Augur

Nope personally wanna burn more than druids, call me crazy.
  8. Slasher Augur

I'd love to see a parse that is even close to that since augmented frenzy was fixed. Give us a rooted mob that doesn't move and we still wouldn't come close to that.
  9. Denhbers Elder

Here are some mean/median examples of my parses in EW. Not cherry picking here, trying to find best examples of the average dps on the same mob. I am not discing; I'm just mashing all the short reuse abilities as usual. I am mostly raid buffed on both occasions. I am facing the mob.

During augmented frenzy being "broken"

An Amygdalan Knight -- in 33 seconds, 1385964 dmg, 41999dps.

Post fix: A few days later, also keep in mind I now have 50 more dps aa's and Axe of Zurel rank I instead of Ildaera rank II.

An Amygdalan Knight -- in 73 seconds, 1394333 dmg, 19100 dps.
  10. Brosa Augur

Absolutley agree with this thread. I box mains war/sham and group nightly with mage sk/wiz(box) and zerker. We have all played for years and are at the top of the group game. I also play my alt beast with this group. My zerker friend usually comes out NOT on top in sustained parse for the night and only beats the the wizzy on burns when the sk needs to focus on tanking when war is not in group. I see the wizzy out dps the zerker anywhere from 20-30k on burns. When I play my bst I almost match the zerker or beat him by a couple k on burns.
    Zerkers are meant to be blood thursty two hand axe wielding bastards thet should be near the top of a burn parse. Why are they so dependant on support classes (Bard/Bst/Ranger/Sham) for thier dps? I could only immagine the outcry if wizzards and necros were dependant on 3-4 other classes to nuke for what they do now.
    And lets not forget about the rogue. They are in the same boat. Thats why my rogue is collecting dust.
  11. Brogett Augur

Indeed this affects both berserker and rogue - basically our woefully low non-discing dps drags down the parses very quickly once the disc phase is over. I don't think we need bigger discs (infact I'd claim they're most of what caused the initial stagnation), but an improvement to the base values somewhere.

Remember both berserkers and rogues have limitations place on their dps - they need good mob positioning (rooted or non moving for zerker optimal, rear arc for rog without mob that keeps spinning to cast and similar), and also some amount of self-harm for berserkers too. Therefore as an absolute base we should be matching the monks as they have no such limitations placed on them.
  12. Songsa Augur

This.
    I fully support berserkers here because they are right, their sustained dps non discing is very low compared to casters but rogues are in the same boat with lesser burn power and less discs to use (but quicker refresh) and every people who care about balance should support both classes not only one.
    We absolutely bring nothing to raid but dps, outside raids rogues are the worst soloer melee dps , the worst moloer as well, we can't heal, we can't tank.
    Give us our dps power back or fix casters if you prefer, you have the choice.
    Quatreh and Bighitz like this.
  13. Bighitz Augur

I agree with you guys. To be honest i think melee classes are alot more self aware atm. than the caster classes have been, i have seen caster classes shamelessly push their course with littel regard to balancing. We arent doing that, when we were doing just fairly well in VOA some of us were on the wiz boards saying hey, they need a little bump - they are DPS only as well. I see no wizards supporting us now.

To be honest I think this these problems might stem from devs playing certain classes in their spare time, because someone with an unbiased view can see this is wrong from a mile away. As we have stated alot alto of times, casters are less support dependent, less gear dependent, burns from a distance. And now they also top the parse no matter how we position ourselves, no matter how lucky we are on parses and no matter how much support we got. Which basically means we are useless....
  14. Bighitz Augur

And it is in the best interest of developers to fix this as well. If this goes on too long there will be a mass exodus of melee. If it was just a little broken, you could do fairly well as a melee. but its completely and utterly broken. We are MIDDLE of the pack atm. which is just redonkilous.
  15. strongbus Augur

Little info 1st. I main a necro and wife mains a zerker.

I have one question for you melee dps types that might help you out in the long run or it might not. Between zerkers/monks/rogs has it been figured out which one of you is the king of short fights who is king of the middle fights and who is king of the sustained fight?

I mean for casters its wizzy for burst fights necros are king of the sustained fight and mage's falling in between us for the middle fights.

While I agree with you guys you shouldn't be lagging behind casters for dps. If all 3 of you want to be best at everything it might be hard to get the dervs to give you the stuff to do it.

But if the melee decide that one of you wants to be king of burst another king of the middle of the fight and the 3rd the king of the sustained fight it might be easy to get the dervs to give you dps stuff.

just my own thoughts.
  16. Bighitz Augur

You got some good ideas strongbus. however whatever we would decide on that front we still all need to be bumped. And its not a simple as that because of luck / chance and support dependency. To level the playingfield first we gotta be less chance based and be able to burn well on everything. not just rooted.

If all melees were just as support dependent and chance based i would like berserkers to be top burst. and lose ground to rogues on sustained and be on par with monks on sustained (non primary disc sustianed dps). however as it is now with endurance problems for us and support dependency i would like to see us simply topping the melees parses provided we got support and is lucky, having 25% chance to end your burn prematurely does heck of a lot to your average burst - so of course we should be well ahead with current skill set.

Yeah the fact that pet classes said something like that proofs their comments are indulged in self interest.
  17. Slasher Augur

The best in short and medium parses does not matter. As stated in beta raid events are designed to be sustained there is only 1 type of dps according to elidroth so we should all be competitive in that type of dps.

We can chat about this all year they haven't replied and obviously do not care or do not agree.
  18. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I'm not waiting on a response. I'm just changing classes.

Good luck in the future, Berserkers.
  19. Phrett Augur

There have been several issues over the years playing a berserker where, despite being stagnated, I could typically still compete well enough that I didn't let myself feel too bad...

But this is the first time since I started playing the class that I just feel flat out broken... and not worth having in a raid. If they can't fix the class fast, I too may have to consider re-rolling, or just hanging up the game. The berserker community knew and accepted that the first iteration of Augmented Frenzy was OP... but the resulting adjustments have been nothing short of a joke; at our expense.
  20. Slasher Augur

I just don't think they care. I've submitted several ideas that would help and not overpower the class and I've pretty much been ignored with no responses to any of them. One of the ways to increase our sustained at a controllable level is to do a volley overhaul right now it does what 2k-2200 dps ? Well lets double that it. Go into the spells and increase the damage. You can keep weapon ratios low if you increase dps elsewhere effectively controlling the multiplier issue we see with our disc. Great ways to do this are frenzy and volley.

Both should be class defining dps skills right now frenzy does 7-8% of a berserkers dps that number should be closer to 15-20% while volley is about 12-15% of a berserkers dps that number should be 20-25%. You keep weapon ratios low increase dps in controllable ways like volley and frenzy and over time the % of our dps from our weapon will keep coming down.

If some of you have parsed lately you would notice we do over 20% of our dps from direct damage.
    Something seems weird when a melee class is doing 20% of its dps from spell damage. Why was augmented frenzy added as a spell anyway ? Why can't the proc be changed to a frenzy or a throwing attack ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.