Devs Please Allow Players to Use Classic Skeleton Models

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I've been playing EverQuest faithfully from April of 1999 to April of 2005. My favorite class was the necromancer. Part of the attraction to this unique class was being able to summon a skeleton pet.

The EQ skeleton model was incredible and iconic! It's crazy laugh, it's animation was all perfect. As you leveled your necro and shadow knight up, the skeleton pet increased in size. Eventually as you got higher levels they would become red and continue to grow in size.

The current spindly skeleton model is not very menacing. The weapon animations are not robust and he moonwalks when he is traveling. While some may like this, I do not.

After years of being away from EQ, I was excited to create another necromancer and play this amazing class. Sadly, there is no way to turn on the old skeleton models the same way players can turn on the old elementals in the settings in the EQ launcher.

Please devs, I know you are busy. I know you are working hard and I appreciate all you do for EQ and the players, but is there any way you could give players the option to turn the old skeleton models on? I would gladly pay for such a service. Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.

I miss the old skeleton models!
  2. birisu Elder

Old wolf and warder models too. Troll beastlords with crocodiles. Seems strange that there's no toggle in the launcher for these things because the old models still exist in the game
    Brontus likes this.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that!

It would be good if there was somewhat that we could least least edit the eqclient.ini file to turn on the old skeleton models and the crocodiles and the old wolves.
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

Need a way to bring back old-school Spectre pet and Spectre form as a necromancer.

The newer models and animations are BAD. Primary reason for their replacement was the menacing sound they made that SOME thought was annoying.

If sound was the issue just create an option to disable pet idle sounds. Other than that, old school Spectre > New Spectre models by 100000000000x.

Please fix this experience!
    Brontus likes this.
  5. Taladir Augur

I concur. I loved the rogue pet at 52 and monk pet at 56 with all their fighting moves.
    Brontus likes this.