Devs: Pets are paper on Test. Please abort patch.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IblisTheMage, Jan 16, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Dear developers,

I hope this reach you.

Pet classes are quite stressed out because on Test, pets are unable to tank anymore, damage mitigation is somehow messed up.

It has been reported in the appropriate fora, but we fear that the information might drown, and the patch goes live as is.

It would be fantastic if a Daybreak representative could comment briefly on this issue, so that we know that this message has been received, preferably in the bug-thread for the upcoming patch.

If you are a Daybreak employee reading this, could you please go and know on someone relevant's door, and give them this info?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Rivitt, Kuursed, Goranothos and 2 others like this.
  2. Razorfall Augur

"Sorry please post this in the appropriate forum"
    *Ignores post in patch notes discussion*
  3. Azzurri Journeyman

I logged in just to like and support this.

This is bad.
    Really really bad

Dzarn, perhaps you can fix this during your lunch break?

IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. kookoo Augur

IF it's really they way they want pet to be,,i play a mage pet alt to be the tank of my 4 box crew.
    shm,,chanter mage and druid..i hate to play melee when boxing...

mage pets got MANY nerfs since several years, and atm a " real " tank can do much better than mage pet ( if player tank know a little what to do and not only hitting the attack button...)

I don;'t like to play a melee toon while boxing ( I got a lv 105 war that I don't box anymore , I hated it )
    if mage pet can't tank crap anymore, BE SURE it will be the end for me boxing and buying 4 accounts ( subs and expansions up to ROK ) since 8 years +...

thought it was over with the mage pet nerfs, they are about where they need to be ( after war,sk,pally ).
    Rivitt and IblisTheMage like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Pets are NO WHERE near where they need to be.
    They always were behind war/knights. Pre-nerf they never came close to the avoidance, snap agro, ae agro, or activated abilities. Pets never came within a mile of knights.
    Now, they might as well be on a different planet. After this patch, main pets will actually be worse at tanking than the mages themselves.
  6. kookoo Augur

I * BUILD * my 4 crew box around mage pet to tank and since many years...........got over 20K aa's on all 4 toons , and sure don't want to have to chose for another tanking option , merc suck A$$ but even there I wouldn t want to rely on tank merc if they were upgraded to current expansion.

I like ( d ) my 4 class that I play , I just hope they not nerf mage pet again ,, :mad:
  7. Goranothos Augur

Haven't been on Test to have a look, but this sounds terribad. I've been two boxing mage/shammy for years, and just added a chanter for a third box, all are subbed. This would actually ruin my game, as I absolutely rely on pet tanking. I suppose I could ditch the Chanter and try to level up warrior for the 3rd box, but I'm not very good at boxing melee toons, and merc tanks are a joke at level 105.
  8. fransisco Augur

ya, this would probably end EQ for me. My mage and chanter are my two favorite characters. If I can no longer play them, why play?
  9. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

Can anyone on test still confirm that this is still a case? My BL is starting to trip out
  10. Seynix New Member

A response on this would be greatly appreciated. I built my my 3 accounts around my mage setup (casual earth pet tanking) and would like to know if I need to rethink the setup/find a different game.
    Tarask likes this.
  11. Razorfall Augur

It looks like they will be fixing the bug, but pets are still getting nerfed in the long run by about 500AC
  12. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

Hey all, I am confused by this, so what they are saying is that any ac buff that currently goes on a pet is increased 300-400%? but on everyone else it works as intended? is this for all spells with ac buffs? And if the nerf is really like 500ac do they not want pets to tank anymore? Because it will be much harder to tank losing that much AC.
    ddaa
  13. Seynix New Member

How much AC does a earth pet have at max level with just the mage buffs on it? I am only level 71 so I don't know how significant 500 AC is for the highest lvl pet.
  14. Goranothos Augur

This kind of thing is why I limit my subscriptions to monthly instead of the less expensive longer plans. Whenever SoE/Daybreak drops nerfs bad enough that they adversely affect my play, I unsubscribe both (now three) accounts until the issue is fixed. Gonna wait until this hits live and test it myself before I do anything.

Not to imply that three subs have any effect on DB, but nevertheless I have limited free time and there are plenty of other games to play. Heck, I haven't even played half the games in my Steam library (darn holiday sales).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Karthanon Augur

I think I left for a year (....something like that) after the last nerfbat landed to pets - we don't have a tank for our regular group,and use a tank merc (ew) and a mage pet, and it's worked out so far. Just got to 103, so I'm a little apprehensive about the change. Will have to see how it changes gameplay, considering the differences mentioned at level 105 with the highest EM was about 500AC, I'm betting at lower level/EM it's going to be a much larger hit (no pun intended) for the pets.

With 220ish days left on 3 subs, I suppose I can leave again once it runs out if this turns out to be a splat on the ol' dungheap.
    Rivitt likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Because pets have no soft caps and such they get full AC value from buffs, now they will just get the same value that player toons get (1/3 ish of the listed amount)
  17. fransisco Augur

Did you notice how he posted the AC values?
    The earth pets have WAY less ac than a group geared mage in TDS gear? Forget tbm or eok!
    Can't scare those tanks by being able to tank a blue mob!
  18. Riou EQResource

No they don't, pets ignore soft cap, that 6k value is like 1.5x the value of tanks in full tbm raid gear iirc
  19. Vdidar Augur

Either way you look at it unless they actually found a fix for what was unintended, which would be a rare miracle at DBG, pets are still going to take a nerf. After they literally nerfed pets into oblivion for 3 years its just very refreshing to know they haven't forgot about keeping the trend going.
    Rivitt and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

Per what Dzarn posted, the unintended was actually fixed. The change in buffed AC is fully intended, so pets will be getting nerfed. Thankfully not as bad as they were on Test, but a nerf for fun is incredibly dumb. And it just so happens that the developers choose Magicians to have fun with their left field nerfs....
    Rivitt, Vdidar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.