Devs have literally destroyed paladins and no one is saying a word

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Bamboompow Augur

Clerics
  2. Cadira Augur

I must be doing something wrong.

I can do like 60-150k (TU) spamming the dot and two undead nukes but idk about anything out of the norm for our dps this year.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How do you make a post saying no one is saying a word when you are making a post that is saying a word? And have said the words before. Maybe No one else is saying a word would have been a better title. Just saying.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Pano Augur

You aren't. With minimal adps and timing stuff correctly, we sustain around 100k over half an hour. This requires timing AA and Bifold correctly. The only thing we became powerful at is that we can over aggro a Paladin easily now.
    Cadira likes this.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

The other is probably necros. Granted there might be a bit more risk with it. If you have a fairly large area full of a variety of levels of undead things that are not packed too tight, they have all the tools to have a really fun time of it.
  6. Tutankamen Augur

I didn't say Paladins couldn't tank or that they sucked at tanking or anything remotely like that. What I did say was that Slay got stealth nerfed, as someone else so eloquently put it,not in slay size, but in terms of proc rate. There isn't any doubt about this, it's not even a controversial fact. What I really want is for assistance in getting the Devs to speak to how much they nerfed it. I heard another paladin say it was only a 3% reduction, but I believe it's a lot more based on my experience. I've played a paladin since EQ started and I know my proc rates. It's been heavily reduced.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

I could be wrong but aren't proc rates dependent on the level of your opponent? If you are fighting a monster 3-4 levels higher than yours, your procs will be less than if it was 3-4 levels lower? It might just be that the monster's special abilities may land more with 3-4 levels higher. Such as stuns, strike through etc. Block failures, riposte failures (see recent nerfs) also are a thing more prevalent if fighting a red con. Maybe everyone needs to have these conversations in a few months time.
  8. Laronk Augur

YOU HEARD?
    man unless you have a parse you can't say there's a reduction.

What was the slay percentage before the patch? Do you have actual numbers?

Again I'm happy Black Fang in 75s, 136.8m @1823364 | #1 Rainbowsparkles 57815k@(781.3k in 74s)
    Duder likes this.
  9. Allayna Augur

Stack Hdex. Git Gud.

/GU Combined: Icebound Avatar of War in 1945s, 1,980.5m @1018237
    | #1 Paladin 660.9m@339.8k (340.2k in 1943s) [33.37%]
    | #2 Berserker + pets 562.2m@289.0k (289.3k in 1943s) [28.39%]
    | #3 ShadowKnight + pets 509.9m@262.2k (262.4k in 1943s) [25.75%] {HXHHH}

These were the 4 hero missions combined. SK/Pally each with 2H out...until AoW locked with a million adds up and we swapped to sword and board.
  10. Livvy_CT Elder

I’ve noticed my slays don’t hit for as much but other than that, I’m very happy
  11. Sancus Augur

The thing with facts is you actually have substantiate their accuracy. Saying there's no doubt, when a bunch of people in the thread doubt it, doesn't really make sense.

If you want there to actually be no doubt, come back with data.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Never mind data right now. How about this be discussed when everyone is level 115 and a few months in?

Data isn't even the full picture. If you want empirical and scientific than do it right. You all here are smart. Probably good at maths. Might even understand statistics. There has to be a control group of parses to reference as a "Before". Another for "After". It would be fair to say a months worth of parses at level 110/max AA and best gear you (as in your character) can attain at 110 is a good "Before". The complimentary level 115/maxAA/best gear you can obtain OF EQUAL TIER as what you had at level 115 would represent after. Again a month's worth of parses. Average them all out. Maybe look at slay procs percentages.

OH and don't forget, all as in ALL PARSES have to be on UNDEAD TARGETS ONLY.

Come back when you have that all compiled and we can discuss. Anything less and its BS flag on the play.

Or we can fast forward and probably deduce there won't be much difference and if there is, its negligible. Might as well enjoy the fact that there are so many things you can target and kill in ToV that are Undead. Count your blessings.
    Vumad and Allayna like this.
  13. Tutankamen Augur

Right. As far as I'm concerned if we're paladins we're on the same team. I can concede that I've been max AA max level for so long, that being under 115 could skew this, but still, I'd really prefer if Devs could come out and either confirm or deny what I've said. There is not really a reason for us to have to dig out parses when some straightforward commentary could settle any disagreement on this matter.

Good luck to all in this great new expac.
  14. Bamboompow Augur

If they have not outright said "Hey, we nerfed this", then there is a need for parses. Two significant reasons for that:
    A) They don't know.
    B) They DO know but its a by product of some other change that is not easily fixed and they are not ready to talk about yet.

Parses will at least let the devs know that players are paying attention and will increase the chances of an actual response.

Or, there is no change at all and its just player perception doing them a disservice.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

My jboots are slower on my paladin than my shaman...
    Allayna and Funky like this.
  16. Redemption Lorekeeper

i agree stack hdex. it makes a huge difference
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

What does hdex do for paladins dps besides crit and riposte chance?
  18. Sobmre Augur

us paladins have all gotten used to watching SK's own us in argo and dps. we will never be properly balanced with them. and the same excuse will go " well paladins get splash" Splash is hardly ever really used outside raids. SK's get alot more used ability's. and for Act of , I used it once in 19years to die in a raid so i could go afk to diarrhea
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Pallies are kinda sad right now I would take an SK over them anytime. I don't know if on the kael hero mission their healing may help if you only have 1 healer that gets the emote but I know SK can lifetap to heal themself. Pallies used to be great before they gave so many others rez but they lost that a long time ago.

Poor sobmre =/ see you on stromm! We need to go hit TOFS tonight if you are on.
  20. Laronk Augur

It’s too bad paladins cant heal themselves, or everyone else in their group.
    Xeladom, Skuz and Duder like this.