Devs, explain you logic for the Demiplane of Decay south wall

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, May 28, 2019.

1. Lilura Augur

I'm working on TBM missions to rank up my Dicho spells and a design flaw in the Demiplanes is driving me nuts.

In the Demiplane of Decay, the whole southern section is blocked by a wall and you can't come in via the east or west. You have to port back to Life, move in or out, and then port back to Decay.

This is STUPID. And it can't be an accident. You had to notice this during design, people who have told over the years, and years later it remains.

So would you mind explaining why, other than to totally waste our time?
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Its intentional. There are quests and a few places that require going back and forth unless you get tricky.
  3. Nniki Augur

You have the option of going through the underground, e.g. go through the bar and come up into the crypt. You could also use something like rocketeer boots or steamjet pack to travel over the wall.
  4. Axxius Augur

Use the tunnels. You don't need to go through the mirror zone.

And don't be too quick to call something 'stupid' only because you lack the knowledge.
    Thunderkiks, Andarriel, Sheex and 4 others like this.
  5. Exyle New Member

Lol this!
    Omfg people whine about dumbest things.
    Spend a lil time in the zone you figure it out easily.
    Beware there is a progression mission that will make you have to mirror out of Decay, enter a room underground, then mirror back in to get into that room. There is a guard that wont let you enter this room in the Decay version. Good luck figuring that out I guess haha. You will pull your hair out.
    Oh guess what also!? You cant enter Lxanvomm without using the mirror! ermahgerd so "stupid"! :rolleyes:
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

I wanna use this on SOO many threads right now ..
    Kidiani and Allayna like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Navigating through decay/life is kind of fun, but gets quite miserable as a boxer.
  8. Fian Augur

It was a cool concept, but the load time between life and decay made it rather frustrating. But I can't blame DB for trying something new.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Good grief... don't ever try to play Zelda
    Andarriel likes this.